EIGHTEEN

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tell me what you guys have done so far."

 

Eunbi kept her shades over her eyes. She didn't want her employees seeing her dark circles, afraid she'd worry them about her general health. Her tired orbs scanned along the room, spotting the head of each department, and most importantly, Yewon who sat all the way at the end of the table.

 

"We're almost there, Miss Hwang. We just need two more weeks—"

 

"We don't have two more weeks." Eunbi placed her thumb and index finger above her eyebrows to massage her forehead. "I've given you all enough time. This should've been finished by today."

 

"We understand that," Eunseo pitched in. "But the projects we're doing are a lot more than we anticipated. We're working day and night, Miss—"

 

"So you're telling me you won't be finished by at least next week?" Eunbi faced the other employees before doing the same to Yewon. Yewon shook her head slowly along with the others, their boss suddenly standing. "You have got to be ing kidding me! I've been working my off this past month while telling every one of my clients what amazing employees I have just for you to disappoint me? You had a deadline and that deadline passed days ago! I have forgiven you all too much!" Eunbi looked down at her laptop, suddenly grabbing the screen to throw it across the room, ultimately breaking it in half and shattering the screen into pieces. "You have two more weeks and if you can't even finish by then, you're all fired!"

 

Everyone watched as their boss left, her new assistant following behind her anxiously. The tension in the air was heavy, but it was expected. Each employee stood one by one, making their way back to their separate departments while sparing embarrassed glances towards one another.

 

"First time seeing her explode, huh?" Joy pulled out an empty chair right beside Yewon. It was just both of them in the conference room now.

 

"Yeah," Yewon laughed nervously. "I've never seen someone break a laptop just because they were angry. She's really upset, huh?"

 

"It's sad to say that this is normal." Joy leaned back against her seat. "But I can't say I don't understand where she's coming from. We have a lot of lazy employees that have higher positions than we do... I wish Miss Hwang could realize that. There are more deserving people with lower positions."

 

"Mm..." Yewon listened intently, realizing Joy was right. Eunseo was an example. Who did she give the work that was meant for her to? An assistant. She was sure it wasn't the first time Eunseo tried to get out of her responsibilities. "Maybe we can try to talk to boss about it after all of this is over?"

 

"Well..." Joy shrugged, standing so she could get back to work. "Good luck. Miss Hwang can be pretty stubborn, but I have hope in you."

 

"Thanks," Yewon smiled shyly. "I'll see you around."

 

 

"Well if it isn't my favorite employee!" Sojung smiled upon entering Yewon's office, a whistle passing her lips. "Nice office. Fits you just right."

 

"Sojung!" Yewon stood so she could give the other a tight hug. "Goodness, it's been so long. Where have you been?"

 

"I went to the Philippines to pass out the relief goods we've been making these past few months." Sojung kept her arm over the younger's shoulders before sitting beside her on the leather chairs. "Eunha didn't come though. I guess she had a few things to do."

 

"Oh absolutely. Eunha unnie's always busy with her charities." Yewon smiled widely. "I'm glad you went. Was it a fun experience?"

 

"Yes, I love doing missions. I think I'll do even more in the future." Sojung gave Yewon's shoulder a tight squeeze, her lips slowly curving into a frown. "Eunbi's stressed, isn't she?"

 

"Did you say hello to her already?"

 

"Mm..." Sojung pursed her lips before shaking her head. "No, but it's June. It's her busiest month. She doesn't even talk to her friends around this time."

 

"So I guess what everyone's s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter