THREE

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You really went into her office to call you by your name?" Eunha laughed in both amazement and amusement. "Are you crazy?"

 

 

"Does the idea sound crazy?" Yewon asked innocently. She truly wasn't sure if the idea was insane. She thought it was perfectly okay to ask her boss to be called by her own legal name. Maybe she was overthinking it, but it certainly wasn't how she expected it to go.

 

 

"Well," Eunha continued as she grabbed a few items off of a rack. "How did it go?" 

 

 

Both girls were out shopping (mostly Eunha since Yewon didn't spend money unless she really needed to); it was their way of bonding. Yuna wasn't with them because per usual, she was hanging out in her own studio and making her next viral song. No one in the world could pull her out of her habit of always locking herself in the studio. She felt at ease when she was recording, but like always, she still couldn't show herself to the public. No matter how hard her friends tried to, they failed.

 

 

"Uhm..." Yewon cleared , trying to figure out the best way to explain to her friend. "I asked her, she accused me of asking for a raise, then I explained to her what I really wanted..."

 

 

"And then?" Eunha leaned in a bit closer, the clothes she picked out hugged to her chest. "Come on, don't leave me hanging."

 

 

Yewon looked over at the latter while her cheeks began to turn pink from embarrassment as she thought back to what happened between her boss the day before. "Nothing happened. She just sat and stared at me. Like an intense stare, you know? It wasn't comfortable, that's for sure." Yewon rubbed the back of her head as she gently huffed to try and push away her embarrassment. "I didn't do anything else but leave a minute after. I don't think she was going to say anything else anyway."

 

 

“Wait, what?” Eunha furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “She didn’t say anything to you at all? Not even a yes or no?”

 

 

“Nope,” Yewon smiled, a bit sadly. “I’m not even sure how I’m gonna face her on Monday honestly. It might’ve been the most embarrassing encounter I’ve ever had in my life.”

 

 

“I don’t blame you,” Eunha murmured. “I’d be dying of embarrassment if I were you. Imagine, you ask a simple favor and your boss doesn’t say anything.”

 

 

Yewon frowned even deeper now as she looked down while they walked around the retail store they resided. She was truly sad that she didn’t get what she requested, but what made it even worst was Eunbi assuming she only wanted money. As much money Yewon needed, she knew better than to ask for a raise, especially since she was still considered new in the company. 

 

 

“I’m gonna pay for these,” Eunha exclaimed, her gaze showing obvious worry as her friend seemed to space out. “Yewon? Hello?”

 

 

“Sorry,” the younger one immediately apologized. “Just have a lot of things in my mind.”

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want anything? You know I don’t mind paying,” the older spoke in a sincere tone. Eunha never minded paying for her friends especially what they did for her in the past, but of course her generosity isn’t only for their favors. She loved them both dearly and knew they weren’t using her for money. 

 

 

“No, it’s okay,” Yewon smiled reassuringly, her gaze a bit distant. She was anxious about seeing her boss again on Monday. Sure today might’ve only been Saturday, but there was only one day before her embarrassment dug deeper. 

 

 

“It’s not okay,” Eunha pouted this time, using her index finger to point at Yewon’s heels. “You’ve owned those heels for five years and you’ve been wearing them almost everyday these past few months. Please let me buy you some new shoes.”

 

 

“Why would I fix something that isn’t broken?” The other asked, her eyebrows furrowed. “Besides, I’ll buy one with my next paycheck. Now let’s go. You can buy me food.”

 

 

“I blanked out,” Eunbi whispered shyly. She sat across both Sojung and Yerin as they remained in her living room, picking at the snacks the maids brought for them to indulge in. 

 

 

“Bad choice,” Sojung shook her head. “You probably made your poor assistant scared.”

 

 

“Mhm,” Yerin agreed with a small hum. “You didn’t even try to go after her?”

 

 

“I couldn’t. It’d be embarrassing to run after an assistant,” Eunbi sighed before standing to pace back and forth in front of the other two. “I’m the boss. Why would I run after an employee? If anything, I should’ve just yelled at her to come back.”

 

 

“Jesus, Eunbi!” Yerin exclaimed in shock. “You really don’t know how to socialize with your employees?”

 

 

“So.. is that a no?” Eunbi kept her eyebrows furrowed as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter