ELEVEN

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There you are!"

 

Yewon looked up from her computer once she heard Eunbi's voice. Stood across from her were both Eunbi and Eunseo, one of them happier than the other. She paused the soft music playing from her playlist so she could listen properly.

 

"Where were you?" Eunbi furrowed her eyebrows. "Eunseo said you weren't here."

 

"Huh?" Yewon's head tilted. "I've been here this whole time."

 

Eunseo busied herself with her phone to distract her mind from their conversation. Her stance suggested that she could care less about what they were saying. She sighed, her thumb scrolling along the screen of her phone.

 

"I asked Eunseo to come get you and she said you weren't—... Never mind." Eunbi leaned down so she was face to face with her assistant. "We're going to go have lunch at that sushi spot just down the block. A few colleagues of mine will be joining us along with Eunseo, probably talk about a few plans for the next fall. I thought maybe you could learn a few things while we're at it too."

 

Eunseo, almost instinctively, lifted her head from her phone to stare Yewon down. She caught her gaze and took the chance to throw her an intense glare. Her eyes remained sharp and Yewon had no choice but to shrink down in her seat. Eunseo was an older employee with much more experience, and the glare that was shot towards her signaled that she wasn't welcomed to eat lunch with them.

 

"Uhm.." Yewon looked down, not wanting to irritate at Eunseo any further. "I think I'll have to pass. I still have a lot of things to work on. But I hope you guys enjoy your lunch."

 

Eunbi frowned to herself. She was looking forward to eating with Yewon, but her answer made her expectations the other way around. 

 

"Are you sure?" Eunbi persisted. "I'm sure whatever you're working on can wait until later. We're only going to be gone about two hours at most—"

 

"Miss Hwang," Eunseo interrupted, grasping their boss's arm in her hand. "Don't pressure the poor girl. If she has stuff to take care of, then let her. It's what you pay her to do anyway."

 

Yewon decided to ignore the slightly condescending tone that came from Eunseo's voice. Instead, she began typing away her report like she was doing before.

 

Eunbi glanced back one last time, Yewon now completely immersed in her work. She sighed, allowing herself to get dragged away by Eunseo to her car.

 

 

"Do you want me to go there and beat her ?"

 

Yewon couldn't help but laugh at Eunha's words. They both stared at each other through their phone cameras while eating. Yewon always facetimed her best friends when she was alone at work, but Yuna was too busy working on songs to join, though she did promise she'd treat both of them to dinner the next night.

 

"Unnie." Yewon wiped her lips before looking back down at her phone. "I know you mean well, but you can barely hurt a butterfly."

 

Eunha rolled her eyes as she wrapped her half-eaten burger. "Maybe you're right, but once Yuna finds out about this, then—"

 

"No," Yewon immediately responded. "Please don't tell her... She's going to end up killing her. That girl might be shy on stage, but when it comes to both of us, you know she wouldn't mind going to jail."

 

Eunha sighed before leaning back on her chair. Her arms folded across her chest while her lips pressed together. "I don't understand why she's acting like that when it comes to you and only you. How did she stare at you again?"

 

"With hatred. Absolute hatred." Yewon sealed the lid of her lunch container closed. She didn't eat much because her appetite lessened after what happened between her and Eunseo. She even tried finding some logical explanation as to why Eunseo glared at her, but nothing made sense. "Maybe it was a mistake? Or I was just overthinking it?"

 

"I'd like her to try that when I'm around," the older muttered as she used the facetime camera to apply her favorite lipstick. 

 

"I'm glad I have both of you," Yewon hummed. "We'll see what happens though. I seriously hope I'm just overthinking it. I wouldn't want any drama between a coworker and I. It would ruin my enjoyment working here."

 

 

Eunbi fidgeted with her phone anxiously. She stared at the few text messages she sent Yewon while she was out for lunch.

 

Eunbi: Hey


Eunbi: We're almost done. Did you want anything to-go?

 

Her lips pursed. She received nothing for minutes. Eunseo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter