TWELVE

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tell me what's going on right now, Kim Yewon."

 

Both Yewon and Eunha sat in the living room of the assistant's apartment with Yuna standing before them with her hands on her hips. The singer walked in just in time to hear the others' conversation and was met with a tearful Yewon.

 

"Yuna... Take it easy. You'll upset her even more." Eunha grasped the singer's hand and pulled her down so she was sitting with them instead.

 

Yuna sighed, using her hands to rub her eyes before covering to think. "Alright," she muffled. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you even more, but how do you expect me to react when I walk in and you're crying?"

 

Eunha's arm wrapped around Yewon to calm her. Yewon busied herself with a kleenex, using the tissue to wipe the dripping tears that continued to flow down her cheeks. She knew both of her friends were coming so they could eat dinner together, but she didn't expect herself to break down as soon as she saw Eunha step through her doors.

 

Eunha squeezed their youngest friend in a tighter hug. She and Yuna hated seeing Yewon cry; she was their baby after all. No matter the reason, as soon as they saw her hurt, they become protective.

 

"Do you want me to tell her instead?" Eunha Yewon's hair who tucked her head against Eunha's neck for comfort. She nodded slowly.

 

Yuna took Yewon's hand this time to caress it, her thumb rubbing over the back before she looked up at Eunha. "What's wrong?"

 

"Some low life convinced Yewon that if she continues to hang around Eunbi, Eunbi's reputation will most likely be on the line because of her."

 

Anger overwhelmed Eunha's tone. Yuna, on the other hand, squeezed Yewon's hand even tighter. She had to calm herself. She knew if she was too mad, she'd scare both of her friends away.

 

"Elaborate."

 

Yewon sniffled, pushing her hair from her face before shrugging. "I can't say I don't agree with her.."

 

"What?" Eunha stared at the youngest in disbelief. "You actually agree with her?"

 

"Think about it... She's not wrong. Have you ever known someone as well off as Eunbi dating someone like... me?" Yewon's eyes began to burn again. God, she hated feeling so weak. She wasn't one to cry so easily, but Eunseo dug deep into her skin and she was trying her best to itch her words away. Nothing worked.

 

The others glanced at each other for a moment, Eunha nodding towards Yuna to talk.

 

"You can't compare Eunbi to other wealthy people. Look at Eunha. She's friends with both of us and our paychecks combined will never be as close to what she makes in a day."

 

"Hey!"

 

"Look," Yuna glanced at Eunha apologetically. "What I'm trying to say is no one is the same. Don't fall into stereotypes. It's clear Eunbi likes spending time with you."

 

Yewon looked down at her hands anxiously. "I appreciate you guys. Thank you. I just... I don't know. I really care about her image. And Eunseo has been in this business longer than I have. She knows what's best."

 

"She seems manipulative," Eunha pitched. "I don't trust her one bit. I think she's jealous."

 

"Eunseo, huh?" Yuna clicked her tongue against the roof of . "I'll make note of that."

 

 

"Miss Hwang?" Yewon stepped inside of her boss's office, a file of paperwork in her hands. "Can I get you to sign these? I need to send them out today."

 

"Of course." Eunbi's lips immediately turned into a smile upon seeing Yewon step in. She grasped the folder, flipping through them to make sure she's signed every line she needed to. She didn't need to brief through them like before because she trusted Yewon well enough. "Are you free after work? I was wondering if you wanted to head to the night market again."

 

Yewon bit her lip as she anxiously tapped her fingertips against the side of her thighs. She wanted to say yes, but Eunseo's words continued to repeat in her head. What if people recognized Eunbi while they were out together? Would the public be crazy enough to ruin Eunbi's career just because she was spending time with her assistant?

 

"Yewon," Eunbi waved her hand before her. "Are you okay?"

 

"Oh, yes, sorry Miss Hwang." Yewon cleared before she collected the stacks of paper on the table swiftly. "I can't. I'm sorry. I already made plans for tonight." 

 

"Oh... That's okay, no worries." Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter