THIRTEEN

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?" Eunha handed her inventory clipboard to the nearest volunteer beside her, a deep frown on her lips. "If you're here to bother me, I'm not in the mood. Come back some other time."

 

"Oh, so you do want me to come back then? Gladly." Sojung couldn't help but smirk. Teasing Eunha was her favorite thing to do aside from the fact that she was in the same organization for something else. "I'm not here to bother you, princess. I'm here to drop off the packages for the relief goods."

 

Eunha scoffed in surprise, fixing the mask she had placed over her lips and nose. "You? Kim Sojung? Since when did you donate and volunteer?"

 

"Since my freshman year of high school," Sojung fixed her mask as well while several other volunteers drove forklifts to bring the hundreds of boxes into the warehouse.

 

Eunha chewed on her lower lip. She wasn't sure what to say. The Sojung she remembered called the less fortunate dirty and poor, now she's the same person delivering thousands of relief goods for the victims of a typhoon. Maybe she really wasn't the same person she used to be, but Eunha was too stubborn (and upset) to forgive what Sojung did so easily.

 

"Okay fine," the younger shrugged, handing Sojung another clipboard to use. "Check-in all of the volunteers."

 

"Wait," Sojung suddenly took ahold of Eunha's wrist. "You're joking, right? There has to be at least 700 people in this warehouse. How do you expect me to check them in before the end of the day?"

 

"Figure it out." Eunha flashed an innocent smile before hopping into a forklift to grab more boxes. "You're a volunteer. Don't complain."

 

Sojung watched her drive away, her arms falling to her sides as she sighed softly, her slim fingers holding onto the clipboard so it wouldn't fall. "You're lucky you're cute..."

 

 

Eunbi stood before Yewon's apartment complex. It took her a little longer than expected because she's only ever been to her apartment once, so getting lost on the way was normal. She felt anxious, to say the least; Yewon had no clue she was coming nor did she plan on telling her. She was shaking from fear, anxiety, and restlessness. She was afraid she might've seemed like some sort of creep for wanting to check on her assistant, but she wanted to talk to her, ask her why she's been acting so differently from the past few weeks.

 

The sight of Eunseo admitting that she was using Yewon to finish her work for her was heartbreaking. She knew Yewon deserved better and didn't need to work on anything except for the paperwork Eunbi assigned her herself. 

 

She had too many things running in her mind from everything that could go wrong to everything that could eventually be fixed. Though it's been almost a week since the day Yuna confronted Eunseo, Eunbi still wanted to check if everything was alright. She was never the type to worry about anyone else except for her family and close friends, but Yewon, as always, was different. 

 

"Alright," Eunbi breathed out heavily. "Here we go."

 

Stepping forward, the young CEO knocked on the apartment door, her free hand holding a transparent plastic bag beside her hip. On the ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter