THIRTY ONE

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You shouldn’t have ran like that. Look, now your feet are all injured.”

 

Yerin’s words made Yuna smile. Sure, she was being scolded, but at least it was by a person she knew cared about her. Watching Yerin treat her wounds that resulted from sharp rocks and dirt made her smile even more. Yerin didn’t care how many wounds she had — all she wanted was for Yuna to get treated. 

 

“I wouldn’t have ran so fast if you weren’t alone. Why would you do that?” A frown was now visible on Yuna’s face. She was simply stating the truth. Who in their right mind would stay alone past midnight in one of the busiest areas of the city? Yerin, apparently. 

 

“It’s not easy running a business. We don’t want our workers staying up and possibly losing sleep because of us.”

 

“But it’s okay if you do?”

 

“Yes,” Yerin scoffed. “We’re the bosses. We’ll risk it all for our employees.”

 

Yuna sighed, thanking Yerin as she wrapped a bandage around her right foot and ankle. Though she didn’t show it, she felt better just because of Yerin’s care and affection. Perhaps she wanted to act like she was in a lot more pain just so that Yerin could take care of her.  

 

“Whatever you say, but... Just don’t do it again, okay? At least leave by midnight.”

 

“I will,” the older mumbled in a softer tone, helping Yuna pull her pajama pants down to cover the bandage. “What are you doing here anyway? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m so happy you’re here, but... Wouldn’t you get in trouble being away?”

 

Yuna chuckled. Her hand reached up to ruffle Yerin’s hair as they sat together on the soft couch. 

 

“Your reaction doesn’t seem like you’re excited to see me,” Yuna teased. “I’m kidding. The company allowed us to see our close friends and family before our official debut. I didn’t tell anyone because I wanted to surprise you, of course, but you weren’t home.”

 

Yerin rubbed the back of her neck slowly as she smiled to herself in a more sheepish manner. “Sorry... I was working all day. Plus, we haven’t been calling each other so I wasn’t sure if you even wanted to see me in the first place. I guess that’s part of why I’m so surprised.”

 

With eyebrows furrowed, the singer immediately held Yerin’s hand. “Are you saying that I was ignoring you on purpose?”

 

“No! No— Oh god, no.” Yerin’s eyes widened at Yuna’s statement. “I didn’t think you were ignoring me on purpose, but, if someone doesn’t talk to you for weeks on end, you’ll feel  like they’ve forgotten about you too.”

 

Yuna’s lips pursed, trying her best to take in what the other said. She couldn’t blame Yerin for feeling such a way, but she herself felt like it was unfair to assume something so extreme knowing her life as a trainee was ruthless. 

 

“I’m sorry,” Yuna whispered. “But please try to understand it’s not my fault. If I could talk to you anytime I want, I would, but they work us from 9 to 2 AM most times.”

 

Guilt crept up along Yerin’s back, but she wanted to be truthful. Being left hanging for weeks could make anyone overthink of what they could’ve done wrong. 

 

“I’m sorry too.” Yerin covered her face from embarrassment. “I know how busy you can get, but I just missed you. A lot.”

 

“I missed you too.” Draping her arm over Yerin’s shoulders, Yuna pulled the cafe owner closer to her so that her head could rest against her chest. “A few more months and I’ll be debuting with Seulgi. You’ll come to my first showcase, right?”

 

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Yerin’s eyes curved into shapes that of a crescent moon, one of Yuna’s favorite sights. “I’m sure Eunha and Yewon are happy to see you too.”

 

“They were.” Yuna squeezed Yerin even tighter in her grip. “Eunha almost dropped her phone and Yewon started crying at work.”

 

 

“What time are you off tonight?”

 

Yewon tilted her head up to look at her girlfriend. Eunbi simply stared through her camera, watching Yewon move around her desk. 

 

“Around midnight, a little earlier than usual.” Yewon’s tone was tired, but Eunbi was slowly getting used to it, though she was still worried about her girlfriend’s health.

 

“Good,” Eunbi hummed. “I’ll be able to pick you up tonight.”

 

Yewon perked up as if she had a massive can of redbull. The excitement she expressed through her face couldn’t match the excitement her heart felt. 

 

“Really?” The designer scooted closer towards her phone to get a good look at her girlfriend. “You’re seriously coming to pick me up?”

 

“Yes,” Eunbi chuckled. “My parents are taking a cab to another city so I’ll be free tonight.”

 

Yewon couldn’t help but squeal. Not being able to see Eunbi for weeks added onto her exhaustion, but she didn’t care now knowing Eunbi was coming to get her later tonight. 

 

“I can’t wait to see you,” Yewon grinned widely. 

 

“Me too, baby.” Eunbi tried her best to hide her growing smile, but failed. Seeing Yewon so happy always made her smiles uncontrollable. 

 

 

“Sojung?” Eunha called out from the front door of the latter’s home. “Hello?”

 

“Eunha,” Sojung peeked from her kitchen. Having given Eunha a spare key a little while ago, she was free to visit whenever she wanted, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter