ONE

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week in and exhaustion occupied Yewon's body and mind. Working for one of the biggest companies in Korea may give her great exposure for future job opportunities, but as of right now, she already wanted to quit. Who knew being an assistant could be such demanding work? Every day she needed something new to do and deadlines appeared faster than a blink of an eye.

 

"Oh my god," she muttered to herself. "I feel like I'm gonna die." Yewon finally sat in her private cubicle that was just beside the CEO's office. Kicking her heels off, she relaxed for the first time from her eight hour shift (she had three hours left). But she bolted up at the sound of a door slamming and her feet slipped back into her shoes. There she found one of the regular clients walking away, anger evident in his face. "Have a good day," she exclaimed but was met with a cold shoulder.

 

"You," the boss pointed at Yewon with her index finger. "Get me a hot coffee. Black, no creamer, and one sugar."

 

Yewon jolted up immediately hearing her boss's commands. "Yes, Miss. Hwang," she panicked. 

 

Hwang Eunbi, the CEO, stared at her assistant as she frantically ran down the stairs to do what she asked. If she was in a better mood, maybe she would've laughed - maybe even a slight chuckle - but she was angry, and she was in no mood to joke around. Was she ever though?

 

"I hate men," Eunbi sneered towards one of her closest friends, Sojung, who sat across from her. "They think I'd agree with what they want just because of what?"

 

"Just because you're a woman," Sojung chuckled bitterly. "They'll always put you on the lowest pedestal and spit on you just because you're a woman. We know this."

 

Sojung was Eunbi's childhood friend who grew up to be one of the most well known cosmetic ambassadors. Her face was plastered all over Asia and Europe. They also had another companion named Jung Yerin who lead the food industry in terms of business. All three lived in the same gated neighborhood, attended the same private school, and got into the same university. Calling them inseparable would be an understatement, but they trusted one another. All of them knew that none of them were friends because of money since they were all well off, but also because they grew a bond since they were in diapers.

 

"I just can't believe it," Eunbi laughed sarcastically while she sat on her leather chair. "He thought if I agreed to promote his new cologne, he'd get 70% of the share? What am I? Stupid?"

 

"Sometimes," Sojung teased. She wanted to lighten the mood since she hated seeing her friend so upset. "Loosen up a bit, okay? And apologize to that poor girl you yelled at. I've seen her running across the building since she started working here. I'm surprised her heels haven't broken yet."

 

"She's my assistant, Sojung. She's supposed to listen to me and what I tell her to do," Eunbi huffed as she laid her elbows on top of her desk, her face burying in her palms. "I don't even know her name.. Am I a bad person?"

 

"Well, she only started a few days ago, so. Don't blame yourself. You're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter