Ten

Mend Your Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weekdays came by so fast, it is friday today and our company is having a get together at our auditorium to welcome our new director. I am in table with Chi at the back, not wanting to join other people who huddle infront, getting excited to meet our new director.


"I heard he is super handsome and single." One of our officemate says. We all smiled at her, except for one.


"Really? Omg. I'm so excited to meet him." Chi says. Making me shake my head. This girl sure loves handsome guys.


"Why is it not even starting yet? I'm hungry." Comes Chi's another statement.


"Be patient, he's coming. Maybe he got into a traffic jam." I told my friend who is, patience are slowly going down to zero.


Thankfully, after an hour of waiting, the MC gets up on stage. Letting everyone knows that our new director has arrived. Why is he late? He knows that all employees are waiting for him. What a first impression for our new director.


The MC, who happens to be our supervisor, speaks "Good evening to everyone who lend us their time for this special gathering of our company. As you all know, this gathering is special because we will be finally meeting our new director." While our supervisor is giving his speech infront, i saw a guy entered the auditorium unnoticed. He took a seat infront without getting much attention because everyone is busy, listening to the speaker. "Good evening, Director Kim." Our supervisor says, greeting the new comer who took a seat infront. So, he is the new director? My officemate is right. He is definitely a handsome guy.


"May we call on stage, our new director, Director Kim." Everyone stands up and claps their hands. All the people in the room are in awe looking at our new director who look so young to be one.


"Good evening, everyone. I am so sorry for leaving you a first impression of being late on our first meeting." Everyone laughs and says it's okay. "There was an accident on the way here, so i got stuck in the traffic. But rest assured that it won't happen again." He is smiling while explaining the reason why he is late. Right now i can already say that he is nice. Thank god for giving us a nice and handsome new director.


He took his time telling us what to expect, his vission and mission, his expectation to each and everyone, his achievements and what he wants to achieve in the future as a team and some of his wisdom. He then ended his speech with, "And i hope you will all help me in striving to be one of the best. Thank you everyone, and have a good evening." We all clap and stands up for him as he got down on stage. He looked very focus on his goals. I am finding our new director interesting.


We are famished. Our stomachs are growling. That's why when the MC told us that we can now fall in line for the buffet, we all lined up so fast. I should've eaten something earlier before going down in this room. But i didn't, so now i have to fall in line, getting what i want, with Chi infront of me putting everything that caughts her eye on her plate. This gluttony girl!


I am on my way back to our table when someone called my name. "Ms. Kim!" I know there are a lot of Kim inside this room, but it is so near me and obviously directed at me. So, i quickly turned back. Seeing my supervisor smiling at me, with our new director at his side.


"Yes, Mr. Kang?" Not wanting to be rude, i also greet our new director, of course. "Director Kim" bowing my head. They smiled at me. Returning their smiles, i looked at Director Kim in the eyes.


 Oh. My. God. He. Is. So. Handsome.


"Director Kim, this is Ms. Kim Ahreum. One of our best interior designer." Wow am i, Mr. Kang?


I got shy and quickly said, "Oh no. I know there are a lot better than me, but thank you Mr. Kang! I will do my best even better." Bowing my head out of respect for his praise.


"Nice to meet you, Ms. Ahreum. Can i call you by your name? It sounds weird to call someone with the same last name as me, you know." He jokingly said, which made all three of us to laugh. Extending his hand, i immediately accept it for a handshake. "Of course Director Kim. You can call me that." Sensing my uncomfortableness, he quickly says, "Please go on and eat Ms. Ahreum." Saying my thanks, i quickly returned to our table not forgetting to bow at my superiors before leaving.


"Woah, Ahri! I saw the handshake. Why didn't Mr. Kang called me too? That is so unfair." Chi told me as soon as i sat on my seat. "Is his hand soft? What does it feel like?" Chi ask.


"Feels just like any other normal hands, Chi. Nothing special." I told her, lamely. What is so speacial about holding his hands? Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter