SEVEN

DISCIPLINE

Sunggyu and Mr. Kim had no class, they didn't know what to do so they decided to have a walk around the campus. They were both chatting about random things related to school and daily lives. Mr. Kim told the intern his plans for the next class as the younger shared some ideas with him. Once they heard the bells, they made their way back to the teacher's office.

 

Sunggyu had not seen any of his students yet. He wondered what they were doing at this time. "Mr. you have a class with the students soon, right? Where are they?"

 

"It's Tuesday, and they are usually late for the class because they have a class at the other building"

 

The intern remembered his tour around the gigantic campus. There were some labs for students in year eleven and twelve at the other buildings as well. "What a huge school!" he gasped raising his eyebrows high.

 

The other chuckled.

 

 

After packing all the materials needed for the activities, Sunggyu waited for Mr. Kim to take the lead to the classroom. Even after Dongwoo's directions he is still not sure if he can make it to the classroom or lose his way like always.

 

 

Students greeted both of the teacher and the intern after they walked into the classroom. Dongwoo was sitting in his usual place, he waved his hand to Sunggyu while smiling widely to him. Sunggyu smiled back.

 

This time, Sunggyu didn't take his seat, instead, he stood next to Mr. Kim who was introducing the lesson at that time.

After clarifying the task, Mr. Kim asked Sunggyu to help him passing out some draft papers for the students. The task was about writing a short poem, students worked individually to write poems about anything they like. Mr. Kim and the intern decided to walk around the classroom and help the students when needed.

 

Meanwhile, Woohyun was sleeping on his desk -as always-. Sunggyu didn't notice his presence until he was finally walking to the back of the classroom.

 

Patting his shoulder gently while softly calling his name "Nam Woohyun" Sunggyu was able to wake the light sleeper up.

 

It was a cold stare from the same student that made the intern decide to leave him alone.

 

Mr. Kim noticed them and smiled to the intern who was now helping another student with organizing his words.

 

 

 

After the class, Sunggyu sat down with Mr. Kim. They talked about how well the task went. Apparently, most of the students were able to write most of their poems, they just need to fix some bits of it before start working on their presentations. As always, the conversation about the students lead to another topic which was about that kiddo, Nam Woohyun.

 

"He's such a kid" the elder yawned. In fact, he was tired of it, no matter what method he used to change Woohyun turn out to be useless. The student hates the school, he hates everyone, he's an anti-social person.

 

"I want to change him" the intern whispered loud enough for the elder to hear making him laugh.

 

"It's not like I haven't tried before!"

 

"I think I can change him" he sounded serious this time.

 

Staring at his serious face, Mr. Kim didn't want to stop the younger, he really wants the student to change, but he doesn't want to get the intern in troubles. Dealing with that student was so challenging for the elder, it wasn't easy. Mr. Kim admits that he can change Woohyun's mind sometimes, but it's hard to get him socialize with others. "I'll believe in you, but be careful kid!"

 

"Don't worry Mr."

 

 

 

 

It was lunch time when Mr. Kim excused the intern to continue some papers, and told him where the canteen was. Thankfully, he made it to the canteen without losing his way.

 

After picking his lunch, the intern took his tray and scanned the canteen with his eyes. He spotted one student sitting by himself on a table at the corner of the huge room. Placing his tray on the same table before sitting across from that student.

 

"Can I sit here?" Sunggyu smiled at him.

 

Woohyun, the student who sat at that table first, looked at the intern in a disgust look. He waited for the elder to say something or to leave.

 

"I wanted to talk to-" Sunggyu didn't even finish what he wanted to say before the student made his second move.

 

He grabbed his cup of milk and poured every drop of it on the intern's tray before standing up.

 

Woohyun was surprised when the other stood up after him. "Sit down and continue your lunch" smiling at the student again before leaving.

 

Sunggyu placed his tray in the tray racks, bite his lips while looking at the food that he just wasted, then made his way out of the canteen. 

 

 

 

 

 

After recess, Sunggyu walked with the students to the PE lesson. Male students were supposed to play soccer outside while female students are practicing some gymnastics at the sports hall.

 

Once again, the intern found Woohyun sitting alone on a bench while the rest of the students were playing soccer. Sunggyu managed to sit beside Woohyun despite himself. He was still mad about what happened earlier nonetheless.

 

"Do you like soccer" again, the intern was the first to start the conversation.

 

"Get the off my face or-" he growled.

 

"Or?"