FIVE

DISCIPLINE

After the break, Dongwoo showed Sunggyu the way to the teacher's office while he went to the biology lab with the other students. Sunggyu never trusted anyone before as he trusted Dongwoo, and it's been only few hours since they met. It was obvious that the kid was so mature and trustable, he has a lot of friends by his side. Sunggyu wished they stay friends even after his training period.

 

Mr. Kim wasn't there when Sunggyu came, he thought the elder was still in a meeting with the principal or probably having his lunch. It's been only ten minutes but Sunggyu felt bored already. Some teachers were arguing about something the intern wasn't interested about nevertheless. Sunggyu laid his head on Mr. Kim's desk, he took his phone out and stared at the group conversation in the K Talk app, he replied his friends with short messages which were clear enough anyway. As soon as he was about to drift off to sleep one of the teachers in the room raised her voice which made him comeback to his sense. He rubbed his eyes and looked to that teacher's direction.

 

"You either stop beating up other students or I'll call your parents" She huffed making the student in front of her grin.

 

"Call then!" The student said.

 

"Nam Woohyun!!" Her voice was a bit louder this time.

 

Nam woohyun? He heard this name before, but where? Sunggyu wondered. He tried to look at his face but he couldn't because apparently that student's back was facing him.

 

Looking at a point behind her head to avoid the eye contact, Woohyun mumbled "You can't do anything anyway!"

 

"You think I won't tell Mr. Kim about you?" She scolded.

 

"He knows already!" Woohyun chuckled. He was popular in this school for being troublesome, the news about him beating up someone or misbehaving with a teacher spreads around the school within a blink of an eye! Woohyun wasn't so easy. Anyone crosses his way would be a dead meat already, no one wants to walk in the same path as him. Students said that even looking at his face or making an eye contact with him is considered a sin, you must never do that. "fyi, he's in a meeting with the principal now because of me! I just visited them" he grinned.

 

"It's Monday, doesn't that mean Mr. Kim has a class with year two after the break?" another teacher asked from the corner of the room.

 

The student spun on his heel to take a glance at the other teacher.

 

Now that his face is facing the student standing in the middle of the room, Sunggyu remembered who Nam Woohyun was. He wasn't so good at recalling things such as names, places, or events, recognizing someone by his voice wasn't his talent -well maybe if that person was so close to his heart. After all, Sunggyu was an ordinary person who has few people around him like his parents and some friends –you can include Dongwoo too.

 

"Then they must thank me for the free time" Woohyun chuckled.

 

Jumping from his seat suddenly, Sunggyu grabbed everyone's attention on him. He checked Mr. Kim's desk for his schedule, when he finally found it he looked at the box after break on Monday, Mr. Kim does have a class with year two and its music class.

 

"Are you the new intern?" The same teacher asked him.

 

Sunggyu nodded.

 

"Then what are you doing here? You must be there until Mr. Kim comes back!" The teacher said to the intern, and now everyone's attention is on them.

 

"B-but I don't teach music!" Sunggyu stuttered. He didn't knew what to do, he never taught music before, no way he was going to teach music now. The teacher will probably not send him to do that.

 

"Well, at least go and control the students" The teacher shrugged.

 

Sunggyu nodded again before leaving the room running to the music lap he guess he saw it before when he was touring around the campus. He thought that controlling the students isn't a hard job for him, though he can find a way for that.

 

"Pardon me, I have class to attend if you finished" Woohyun said rubbing the bridge of his nose.

 

"I didn't finish what I was saying! But who are you lying to? You've never bothered yourself to attend your classes" His teacher scolded.

 

As soon as he opened his mouth to speak, Woohyun got cut off by someone.

 

"You can go to your class" Mr. Kim patted Woohyun's shoulder while scanning the room with the eyes. "Has anyone seen the intern?"

 

"He went to class" one teacher answered. They all knew where the intern was actually, all of them have witnessed what happened while ago.

 

"What a very qualified intern" Woohyun mumbled to himself, but it was loud enough for everyone to catch.

 

"What happened?" Mr. Kim asked, curiosity hits so bad sometimes.

 

Woohyun Shrugged. "I'm going to class" He said walking out of the room. He was so good at teasing sometimes.

 

"You stop there! Nam Woohyun! I'm talking to you!" No matter how loud he calls, Mr. Kim always fails when it's Nam Woohyun.

 

"You must go to him, he doesn't know how to teach music" A teacher remarked for Mr. Kim from behind.

 

"Right!" Mr. Kim was now on his way to the class. As soon as he got into the classroom Sunggyu has already controlled the students, but what the elder saw wasn't expected.

 

Sunggyu was sitting in a circle with the students on the blue carpet in the back of the classroom. Everyone was soo quiet as the intern sang one of his favorite songs of his favorite band "Nell".

 

 

 

 

"even if it is a little bit of warmth

give it to me, so that I can treasure it

I am already frozen and endlessly cold

 

if you leave, to me

there is no beauty

I'm already trashed and endlessly dirty

Stay my dear

Stay my dear"

 

 

 

Mr. Kim didn't want to stop the intern because one, he was controlling the students whose Mr. Kim couldn't control before, two, because his voice was so melodious and clear, it was full of emotions and sweet, it was the voice that you wish you could listen to every day and night and never get tired of it.

 

As soon as he finished singing with a smile, everyone started clapping for him including Mr. Kim who's now walking to where they were sitting. Sunggyu suddenly recognized his presence, pink tinted his cheeks as he stared at his intertwined hands on his lap.

 

The elder checked the time in his watch and clicked his tongue "We don't have much time to start a lesson now, so let's hear another song from our intern Kim Sunggyu"

 

"But I can't sing.."

 

"Who are you lying to? We do have ears!"

 

"But I really can't sing!" Sunggyu smiled nervously.

 

"Ok, I'll let it go this time, but you have to sing for us later"

 

A nod.

 

Soon after, the class came to an end, the students left the classroom after Mr. Kim and the intern. They walked back to the teacher's office, as they were walking the elder told the younger something "I was in a meeting with the principal because of-"

 

"Nam Woohyun"

 

"How did you know?"

 

"He told me"

 

"Did you two get along with each other during the break?" Mr. Kim asked. In fact, this wasn't a smart question to ask. The elder knows very well that no one can make accompany with that kiddo, maybe because anyone gets in his way will be beaten up or no one wants to be friend with him anyway.

 

"Of course not! He didn't tell me that directly!"

 

"Then?"

 

"He was in the teacher's office when a teacher asked about you" Sunggyu corrected.

 

"Say that from the beginning! I thought he is really trying to open up for others" Mr. Kim laughed at his own words. Thinking about that student opening up for people is hopeless.

 

"What if he did one day?" Sunggyu asked absentmindedly.

"He needs a miracle for that!" he chuckled.

 

Sunggyu nodded but smiled.

 

 

After few periods, Sunggyu followed Mr. Kim to the classroom as always. He took his seat at the back of the class and acted like he wasn't there to not disturb the students while they are working on their tasks. Sunggyu examined the elder as he gave the instructions to the students telling them what to do and how to do it, he took his notebook out and started taking notes. After all, he's there to learn new strategies of teaching not to learn about the content of the lesson. Sunggyu looked at his right when he felt a movement suddenly, the student next to him had his head laying on the table and his eyes were closed, the intern thought he was sleeping. He wanted to wake the student up but he didn't want to miss anything from what Mr. Kim was saying, he looked at the front again, and started writing.