TWELVE

DISCIPLINE

After lunch break, Sunggyu walked with Mr. Kim to class. He was still mad at his students. After they made it into the class and greeted the students, Sunggyu took Mr. Kim's role and told the students that they must finish working on their presentations before the class ends, and that they need to prepare themselves to present their work starting from next class. He added that he will be walking around the classroom incase someone needed help.

 

At the same time, Mr. Kim stood beside Woohyun desk at the back of the classroom. Instead of talking to the student, he was listening to the intern giving the instructions to the other students. When the intern finished what he was saying, Daehan -aka Mr. Kim- looked at Woohyun and said "Show me your work!"

 

Woohyun looked confused at first, but since the chemistry between him and his teacher was at least better than anyone else -he thought- he chuckled and said "Are you kidding me? I haven't done any!"

 

"You find it funny huh? I don't want you in my class, GET OUT!!" Daehan shouted.

 

His eyes twitched from the sudden voice. Woohyun looked around him and saw everyone looking at him.. including the intern.. He always was the center of attention but not in a case like this. Students took glances at him but tried to avoid the eye contact with Woohyun. He has never been in a situation like this before. It scares him, why? he doesn't know, he doesn't want to know. Woohyun wanted to stop this, stop his teacher, the students, and Sunggyu.. He wanted to freeze time and escape, but words won't come out, just as if he lost his voice. Woohyun bite his trembling lips as he stood up and left the classroom without saying anything. 

 

"Don't try to fool me or play around with me because I'm too kind!! Anyone dares to belittle me will get kicked out of my classes and I'm gonna fail you!" Daehan sounded frustrated. He was always nice to his students, but he doesn't want them to use his kindness against him. He thinks that being tough with the students sometimes helps him to control them, but he never shouted at them except for this time.. "Get back to work!" He continued.

 

 

Sunggyu looked at Mr. Kim worryingly. He knows it's hard to shout at a student, but sometimes this is the best way to control them.

 

Mr. Kim excused Sunggyu and walked outside of the classroom. He saw that Woohyun still standing in the corridor. "Why are you doing this to yourself?" He sighed.

 

Many thoughts crossed Woohyun's head the time he was kicked out of the classroom. He didn't know why he felt bad when the teacher shouted at him. Teachers at his previous school would shout at him everyday, they would kick him out and they would fail him, yet he never cared. This time was different. Woohyun wasn't expected to be kicked out by Mr. Kim. He always thought about how nice the teacher was to him, he wouldn't shout, instead, he would advice him nicely. Mr. Kim was one reason that Woohyun became better than his old self -he thought he did-. Woohyun admits that he disrespects his teacher sometimes, and he would regret his actions late when Daehan would send him off without reporting him to the principal. Woohyun was upset of what he did to his teacher, plus, he was upset that his teacher whom he felt close with shouted at him and kicked him out of the classroom. This is not the case. Woohyun never felt so bad as he just did. Not because of the students sneering at him -ugh he would do something about this for sure later-. Woohyun remembered Sunggyu face when Mr. Kim kicked him out, the intern seemed worried about him. Woohyun felt butterflies in his stomach. "What's wrong with me?" He mumbled.

 

"Exactly! Why did you came to classroom when you weren't managing to do your work? You always stay at home when we have projects to work on!" Daehan stated. He looked at Woohyun again and said "Is it because of Sunggyu?"

 

Woohyun looked at his teacher in the eyes. You must be kidding me. Woohyun hates the intern but that doesn't mean what the other just said was wrong. Woohyun thought about it, he didn't miss school this week, he used to skip school for at least two days a week. He also thought more about it, ever since he saw Sunggyu, he never hurt anyone else except for him. Is Sunggyu Woohyun's new victim? Why he always target Sunggyu? Why's everything must be about Sunggyu? Sunggyu? "Sunggyu?" Woohyun mumbled as his eyes met with Sunggyu's eyes for- honestly, he doesn't know for how long they started into each other's eyes.

 

Daehan raised an eyebrow as he spun on his feet. He didn't know for how long the intern was standing there, but he hoped he didn't hear anything. "Sunggyu! What's up?"

 

"Nothing, just came to check if everything's fine!" He glanced at Woohyun who's now looking at his feet.

 

"Yeah, we are fine" the elder of all smiled.

 

They went back to classroom and saw everyone was busy preparing for the presentation day. Woohyun walked back to his desk as Sunggyu stood at the from of the classroom.

 

"That's it for today! You did really well. I can't wait to see your presentations" Sunggyu smiled. "Remember, everyone must be here when the others are presenting! I just need someone to help me gather all the papers and it's Woohyun! The rest of you can leave! Enjoy your day!!"

 

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu with the corner of his eyes. He was going to ditch him and leave but changed his mind when he saw Mr. Kim looking at him with a threatening gaze. Woohyun rolled his eyes but helped the intern with collecting the papers nevertheless.

 

"Thank you" said Sunggyu as he smiled to the student.

 

Without saying anything, Woohyun handed the papers to Sunggyu and left the classroom.

 

Sunggyu looked at the elder.

 

"We have lots of things to talk about" said Daehan.

 

"I know" Sunggyu sighed.

 

The two of them chuckled.