FOURTEEN

DISCIPLINE

On Friday, which was presentation day, Mr. Kim made sure that everyone was there to attend and see the presentations. Mr. Kim smiled to himself when he spotted Woohyun sitting on his seat. He never thought this student would attend, but he was thankful for his presence.

 

Woohyun looked at the desk on his left side with the corner of his eyes. No one was sitting on that seat. He closed his eyes when the teacher was about to start the class and laid his head on his desk. His body shivered when his right cheek touched the cold surface of the desk. Tiredness took over him as he drifted off to sleep.

 

Woohyun couldn't sleep the night before because he was thinking about what the intern said when they were at the back of the primary school campus. He had to admit that what the intern said was right at some points. If Dongwoo was the one who beaten up Sunggyu, then no one would blame him because he has never done these things before, he has a good image between his classmates. Yet, Woohyun thinks that he has never done something wrong to anyone before, what he did was protecting himself and pride only.

 

A fresh scent woke up Woohyun from his sweet nap. He rubbed his tired eyes when some stings of sunlight flashed his dark brown irises. He blinked tiredly few times and stared at the source of the sweet scent. It was from the guy sitting on the seat next to Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu, who was sitting at his desk next to Woohyun didn't mind the sleeping head next to him, he was focusing his attention on the student who's preforming her poem in front of everyone while writing her a feedback on her performance.

 

Mr. Kim was standing right behind Woohyun. He caught the student staring at the intern on his left, he doesn't know what is Woohyun up to, but he hoped nothing bad is going to happen.

 

Students were going one by one to the front to present their work. Once all of them were done, Mr. Kim clapped his hands once and walked to the front to close the session. The teacher was about to tell the students that their performances were awesome when one student stood up making his chair squeaking which made everyone in the classroom turn their gaze to him.

 

He grabbed someone else's guitar and sat on the edge of his seat. Fiddling with the strings of the instrument to find the best rhythm he can play, and singing softly to a song lyrics that no one ever heard before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"When the deep night comes

I stay up all night, thinking of you

Is it you who I belong for

Or those times?

Now it's just become a part of my day

 

I'm going back again, drunk with your scent

I'm looking back at the scent of you

Maybe you're there

Maybe you'll come back

So I can lean on you and rest

Is it too late to go back?

 

I've been cast aside by you

I believed you'd come back

If I stand here and wait

Whenever I smelled your scent"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu never heard such a beautiful voice before. The student's voice and the lyrics of this song took Sunggyu on a journey to another planet. Sunggyu felt like listening to this voice and this song over and over again and never get tired of it. Once the student was done singing, Sunggyu found himself clapping for this captivating performance. Everyone in the classroom including Mr. Kim followed him suit and started clapping for that student.

 

He returned the guitar back to his owner, sat on his seat, and pretended to sleep.

 

 

 

 

At lunch time, Sunggyu sat with Daehan for about ten minutes to talk about some stuff then excused himself to go and grab something to eat. After he made it to the canteen, he grabbed a plate and picked some food from the buffet and pouted when he saw nothing to grab for a drink. Sunggyu looked at the table he always sat on and noticed that Dongwoo and other friends weren't there, he looked at the corner of the room and saw Woohyun sitting on his usual seat eating the same thing he always eats. Sunggyu giggled and made his way to Woohyun's table. Is he mad at the student? Not anymore he supposed.

 

As soon as the intern sat across him, Woohyun stood up, he looked over Sunggyu and waited for him to leave, just like the first time, but Sunggyu ignored him and started to eat what's in his plate. 

 

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun's cup of milk and remembered when Woohyun poured the milk on his lunch before. He thought and remembered he didn't have anything to drink, so he grabbed Woohyun's cup of milk and drank every bit of it.

 

Sunggyu then looked up at Woohyun who's looking back at him with a raised eyebrow. He mumbled "sit" for the latter, but Woohyun didn't obey. "It's an order" he added.

 

Woohyun rolled his eyes but sat down nonetheless. He examined the intern who was enjoying his lunch quietly.

 

After two spoonful of rice, Sunggyu took out his notebook and noted 'I don't like it when people are talking to me while I'm eating.. I feel comfortable here tbh..' and passed out the notebook to Woohyun to read.

 

Reading the note with his eyes, Woohyun didn't say anything to the intern, he decided to let it go this time. He took his spoon and started eating again.

 

The two men had their meal quietly, they tried to avoid eye contact with each other. It was an easy task for Sunggyu tbh, but Woohyun couldn't stop looking at the other.. everything about Sunggyu attracted him.. from his pinky lips to his soft white hands that reminded Woohyun of Sunggyu's crotch he saw the other day. Pink tinted his cheeks..

 

The intern finished his meal first, he stood up and apologized to the student for the milk he drank. "Let me invite you for a cup of coffee after school instead" he took his notebook and walked away.

 

Woohyun mentally smiled..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After school, Dongwoo walked home with Sunggyu, he wanted to make sure that the intern reaches home safely but that was only an excuse so that he knows where the elder lives.

 

"So what's your plan for the weekend?" Dongwoo asked while throwing his arm around Sunggyu's shoulders.

 

Sunggyu shrugged as they walked to the bus stop.

 

At the same time, Woohyun was standing in front of the school gate. He was looking at the intern and Dongwoo from behind, he scoffed "how could he forget about his promise?" Woohyun mumbled as he shook his head in disbelief and walked to the opposite direction.. 

 

At the cafe, and where Sunggyu usually works for his part time job, Dongwoo was sitting on a table sipping his favorite drink, while the intern was cleaning around.

 

"He surprised me!!! I didn't know he had a sweet voice!" Dongwoo mumbled.

 

"Same, I never thought he would have such a sweet voice for a grumpy person like him!" Sunggyu chuckled.

 

"He has always been so grumpy; I have never seen his smile before!" Dongwoo stated.

 

"Really?" Sunggyu asked. Dongwoo nodded. "Do you know the reason why he's like that?"

 

"Tbh, I heard some teachers saying that his parents got a divorce two years ago before he came to our school.. they said that his mother was caught cheating on his father with another guy, ever since then Woohyun didn't see his mother again.." the student stated.

 

"I see.." Sunggyu mumbled as he stared at the floor he was mopping. He spaced out to let the new information sink into his head and to think of a better way to change that student. After all, Sunggyu does care about his student, he wants him to change and open up to his classmates, to create memories and to enjoy his life at school ..

 

At the end of the day. It's not Woohyun's fault that he has became so grumpy like that.. Sunggyu admits that if this situation ever happened to him he won't forgive himself, even if it's not his fault, but deep down his heart he thinks that he's the reason why his parents stayed together all these years even tho they didn't love each other...

 

"Hyung! Are you interested in him?"

 

"Who? Woohyuni??" Sunggyu blinked with surprise.

 

Dongwoo smirked.

 

"Heck no! I just don't want this kid to waste his adolescence on hating people.. I want to guide him to the correct path. I want him to spend this precious time having fun with people around him, and to stop acting all grown up and stuff .." Sunggyu mumbled.

 

Woohyun reminds Sunggyu of his old self.. the intern remembers wasting so many years working in different places instead of playing around with his friends during vacations.. All he can remember was the people he worked with and the type of jobs he had. He doesn't even have a single memory with his classmates back in high school..

 

"You're right. What's the point of wasting my time on hating people? After all, they never cared about me or my opinions.. I try to make friends with people around me so that when my friends are busy I'll probably have someone else to hang out with me haha" the latter chuckled.

 

"So you're saying you're friend with me only when you have none to hang out with?" Sunggyu teased.

 

"No no no no no!" Dongwoo denied. "You are actually a friend that I always want to hang out with.. so please don't ditch me for someone else.." he whined.

 

"I won't~" Sunggyu giggled.

 

"Kim Sunggyu! What are you doing over there? Get back to work!!" His manager scolded.

 

Sunggyu nodded nervously as he walked back to kitchen.

 

The latter watched Sunggyu as a silly idea generated into his head. Dongwoo checked his phone and chuckled to himself after he made a post on his social media account saying that he's on a dinner date with K..