SEVENTEEN

DISCIPLINE

On Tuesday morning, Ayeong called Sunggyu to inform him that she’s on her way to school, so Sunggyu had to wait for her outside the campus until she showed up after ten minutes.

 

Sunggyu greeted his friend and guided her to the teacher’s office. They met with Mr. Kim and Sunggyu had to introduce his friend to his mentor teacher.

 

“Nice to meet you Ms. Ayeong” Daehan shook her hand with a smile.

 

“Nice to meet you too Mr. Kim” Ayeong admits that Mr. Kim was so handsome for just a teacher.. he must’ve been an actor or a model she supposed.

 

Daehan checked the time on his phone, he confirmed Sunggyu that the class will start in half an hour and that he has to see the principal before the class. He excused them and left the teacher’s office.

 

Sunggyu grabbed a chair for his friend, and they sat quietly while Sunggyu was preparing himself for the lesson.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At that time, Dongwoo sat down with few of his friends as he was biting his nails nervously while staring at his phone..

 

“Just ignore it Dongwoo-ya! He might have sent it to you by accident!” His friend stated.

 

“Don’t listen to him Dongwoo-ya, I advice you to reply to him.. you don’t know, he might beat you up for not answering him” another friend remarked.

 

“How did he even get my number?” Dongwoo asked with a pout on his thick lips.

 

“He’s within the class chatting group you stupid!”

 

“Who invited him in?” The angel boy asked curiously.

 

“Mr. Kim did!” His friend shrugged.

 

Dongwoo thought of what he could do with this situation.. he doesn’t have a good chemistry with that student.. he’s so confused, he doesn’t know whether he should reply to that message or not, in both situations he thinks he will be beaten up by that student nevertheless.

 

After few moments, and when Dongwoo has made up his mind to reply to his classmate, the said person entered the classroom with a load thud coming from the classroom door.

 

“It’s him!” His friend whispered.

 

“Jang Dongwoo” said the person by the door.

 

“I’M SORRY!” Cried Dongwoo as he escaped the classroom from the other door.

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened from Dongwoo’s sudden move. He ran behind the angel boy, calling out his name.

 

“wtf is wrong with him?” Woohyun whispered to himself. “YAH! WONT STOP?” he called out as he ran as fast as he could to catch Dongwoo.

 

“I’M REALLY SORRY” Dongwoo whines as he continued running away from Woohyun.

 

Few moments later, Dongwoo stopped to catch some breaths, he looked behind him and found that Woohyun has already stopped to catch some breaths too..

 

“Yah..” He panted. “Why are you so freaking fast?” Woohyun nagged.

 

“Don’t hit me please!” Dongwoo coughed as he rubbed his hands together for forgiveness, after all, he was out of breaths to speak one more word.

 

“Ah, ok, ok, come here” He waved his hand for the other to come over.

 

Dongwoo walked few steps toward Woohyun, they were both sweaty after the long marathon they just had. The angel boy bowed few times for his friend as an apology.

 

“I won’t hit you! I just want to ask you about something!” Woohyun assured.

 

Dongwoo nodded his head as he mumbled for his friend to go ahead.

 

 

 

“WOOA; are you two dating??” A friend of Dongwoo shouted out loudly.

 

Both of Dongwoo and Woohyun turned their heads towards the voice at the exact same time. Wondering who was that and who she meant with that..

 

Their friend who was walking beside Sunggyu and Ayeong started whining again. Begging Sunggyu to confirm her that he was dating his friend Ayeong.

 

Sunggyu blushed.

 

His friend, Ayeong, looked at him and smiled to his reaction. She turned her gaze back to that student and assured her that they are just close friends.

 

Dongwoo chuckled watching Sunggyu’s cute reaction to that question.

 

His chuckle alerted Sunggyu of their presence. Sunggyu looked over Dongwoo and Woohyun. He smiled and asked his students to go inside the classroom.

 

Dongwoo obeyed and hopped inside the classroom nevertheless. While Woohyun looked at Sunggyu with the corner of his eyes before making his way to the classroom.

 

Ayeong did actually noticed Woohyun’s glances at Sunggyu. She giggled as she wowed.

 

Sunggyu nodded his head in agreement as he giggled too.

 

After they made their way inside the classroom, Sunggyu shut the door behind him and made his way to the front. His friend, who was there to observe him, grabbed a chair and seated next to the teacher’s desk. She took out her notebook to note down feedbacks on the lesson.

 

Sunggyu was nervous actually because Mr. Kim wasn’t there, but he started the lesson normally nevertheless.

 

Surprisingly, Woohyun didn’t sleep once he entered the classroom. He was fully awake and was watching every single move the intern was making.

 

After around two minutes, Mr. Kim entered the classroom and bowed apologetically for his Sunggyu for being late. He walked to Sunggyu’s desk and sat down beside Woohyun.

 

Woohyun turned his head to face his teacher for a second, but Daehan signed him to look back at Sunggyu. Woohyun rolled his eyes and did so.

 

You can say that the lesson ran smoothly since the students were so quiet. You can tell from their faces that they were either afraid to fail the answer in front of the guest or afraid of upsetting Mr. Kim which might scold them later.

 

At the end of the day, Sunggyu admits that he did well with that lesson and he was so thankful that his students were so helpful and respectful.

 

 

 

 

 

After the class, Sunggyu decided to sit with Ayeong since he didn’t have much work to do, and chat about different stuff. His friend presented her feedback on the lesson for him, she explained what she liked about the lesson and what could’ve done better in some parts of the lesson. However, Sunggyu has done a really great job for someone who has just started teaching students in high school.

 

“Who was that student with black hair and pointed nose?” She asked.

 

“You mean Nam Woohyun?”

 

“Was that Nam Woohyun the student you told me about few days ago???”

 

Sunggyu nodded.

 

“Woa, he looked different from what you told me about”

 

“That’s his talent” Sunggyu chuckled.

 

Ayeong tilted her head in confusion, she waited for an explanation from Sunggyu.

 

“I mean, he knows how to look so innocent from the outside, but he is really different from the inside”

 

“Do you mean he is devil from the inside?” She asked.

 

“Hmmm.. kinda?”

 

“Can you please speak clearly? I can not understand what you’re saying?”

 

“He’s a good kid actually, he has a sweet heart.. but the problem is that he has no one by his side, that’s why he’s acting all tough and stuff to protect himself” Sunggyu mumbled.

 

“Ah, I see. So what are you going to do about him?” Ayeong asked.

 

“Nothing, probably I will wait and watch him changing slowly!”

 

“Good luck”

 

“Thank you” he smiled.

 

 

 

After an hour of chatting and laughing, Ayeong looked at the time in her watch, she mumbled to Sunggyu that she has to go. The intern stood up to walk her to the main gate but his friend stopped him and assured him that she can find the way herself.

 

Sunggyu watched his friend leaving and decided to go to the teacher’s office to chat with Daehan, but soon as he was about to leave he noticed that his notebook wasn’t with him, so he assumed that he left it in the classroom.

 

Sunggyu strolled back to the classroom, as far as he knew his students already went to the PE class, so no one was supposed to be there in the classroom. Once the intern stepped in the classroom he went on searching for his notebook.

 

After he grabbed his notebook which was on the teacher’s desk, Sunggyu finally noticed the presence of one of his students who was sleeping on his desk.

 

“Nam Woohyun” the intern mumbled waking the light sleeper up.

 

“What are you doing here? You don’t have class now?” Sunggyu said sitting across of his student.

 

Woohyun yawned and shrugged. “I can’t play sports” he explained.

 

“Aw, may I ask you why?”

 

“Because of my foot!”

 

“Really? Why? What happened to your foot?” Sunggyu tied his tiny eyebrows together worryingly.

 

“It’s because of an accident when I was a kid”

 

“Aww.. that’s so bad!” Sunggyu mumbled.

 

Woohyun shrugged.

 

“I actually heard from Dongwoo about your parents-” Sunggyu didn’t even finish his sentence as he heard the noise coming from woohyun’s chair..

 

The student growled irritably as he stood up from his seat quickly and pulled the intern by his ID badge earring a groan from the other.

 

“Shut up!” Woohyun mumbled, grinding his teeth angrily.

 

The intern nodded fearfully. He didn’t know what will be woohyun’s next move. Sunggyu looked into Woohyun’s eyes, which were few centimeters away from his own, he tried to read them, but they were unreadable.. Sunggyu can only see sadness within woohyun’s teary eyes. He didn’t want to hurt the other once more.

 

Sunggyu choked hard, he panted for air as he pat on woohyun’s hands to let go of him already.

 

Woohyun was also panting hard, trying to hold back his tears. He released the intern, who was now down on ground, but woohyun didn’t care nevertheless. He took his bag, and left the classroom.

 

“Jesus..” Sunggyu coughed while rubbing his sore neck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun didn’t attend the school on the next day, no one knows why actually, except for Sunggyu.. the intern admitted that he did wrong, he shouldn’t have mined other’s business, especially for someone like woohyun. At the end of the day, Sunggyu wasn’t sure if the student was absent because of him or not. As far as he knows, woohyun wouldn’t stand still and do nothing about this. Sunggyu admits that he thought about it the night before as he came to school prepared to be beaten up by woohyun. Yet, the student didn’t show up, which was such a relief for Sunggyu and extremely tense at the same time..

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu felt really bad, he didn’t know what to do.. he didn’t even have woohyun number to text him in order to see if he was ok or not..

 

“It was me..” Sunggyu mumbled.

 

“Eh? What do you mean?” Dongwoo asked.

 

“I think it was because I asked him about his parents..”

 

“YOU DID?” Dongwoo gasped.

 

Sunggyu nodded.

 

“Oh my..”

 

“Do you know where he lives?”

 

“To be honest, I don’t.. but I have tried calling him few times yesterday and early today but he didn’t pick up!” The angel boy stated.

 

“What did you call him for though?” Sunggyu now sat down beside dongwoo.

 

“He said he wanted to ask me something but he didn’t” Dongwoo shrugged in confusion.

 

“And why are you so curious? Maybe he found the answer to his question already”

 

“Maybe he didn’t.. I’ll try calling him later!”

 

“Don’t!” Sunggyu warned his student.

 

“Why you don’t want me to speak to him?”

 

“Cause I don’t want you to get hurt” the intern mumbled.

 

Dongwoo nodded as he obeyed his Hyung and kicked the thought of calling woohyun out of his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On Friday, Sunggyu sat with Daehan and helped him with entering the students’ test marks in the online system. It was a tough task for Mr. Kim since he doesn’t know how to work with computers but an easy task for Kim Sunggyu. Even though Daehan was only six years older than the intern, but he admits that Sunggyu knew more stuff than he does.

 

After like an hour of typing, Sunggyu rubbed his tired eyes and cracked his fingers. He looked over Daehan who decided to take a nap before the class and chuckled at how cute and quiet the older was.

 

After few moments, the principal entered the teacher’s office. Sunggyu woke up Daehan quickly and stood up to bow for the new comer.

 

The principal smiled and ordered Sunggyu to sit down. The intern obeyed.

 

“Who’s year twelve teacher?” The principal asked.

 

“Yes sir!” Mr. Kim answered.

 

“It’s Park Jisung, he transferred to our school today, he will be in your class” the principal announced and the student bowed.

 

“Yes sir!” Mr. Kim bowed and welcomed the new student in.

 

The principal signed the new student to go in as he left the teacher’s office.

 

The new kid, Jisung bowed for the teachers in the room as he made his way to Mr. Kim’s desk. He looked so bright and cheerful. He was clean and his hair looked so natural, anyone can tell that this student is taking a good care of himself.

 

“Hello, it’s Park Jisung, please take a good care of me” the student said cheerfully as he bowed again to 90 degree.

 

“Nice to meet you Jisung ah!” Said Mr. Kim. “By the way, this is Kim Sunggyu and he’s an intern who’s working with me, so you guys will see each other a lot from now on!” He added.

 

“Nice to meet you!” Said Sunggyu as he offered for a hand shake.

 

“Nice to meet you too!” Jisung smiled as he accepted the hand shake with the intern.

 

Mr. Kim checked the time on his watch and informed the boys that they should go to class.

 

The intern nodded. He picked up his stuff and followed the older to the classroom.

 

The new student followed them suit.

 

As they were walking through the corridor to the classroom, the new student grabbed everyone’s attention to his beauty.. in fact, he didn’t look like any other student, he looked so handsome and gentle that anyone would think that he was an idol.

 

The new student smirked to himself as he walked proudly to his classroom. He loved being the center of attention after all.

 

Mr. Kim entered the classroom and all of his students were already on their seats. He greeted the students as they greeted him back. Mr. Kim signed Sunggyu to take his role as he grabbed a chair and sat at the back of the classroom.

 

Sunggyu took the initiative to introduce the new student to his classmates. He called the student in and waited for him to introduce himself.

 

“Hello, this is Park Jisung, I’m looking forward to working with you, please take a good care of me” he bowed.

 

Dongwoo who was sitting in the front pulled Sunggyu from his shirt slowly and mentally asked the intern millions of questions about the new student.

 

Sunggyu smiled at dongwoo’s serious face, he shrugged. After all, he didn’t know anything about the new comer except for his name.

 

“Thank you Jisung ah;” said the intern as he scanned the room with his tiny eyes. He pouted when he saw that there were no extra chairs for the new student.

 

“Where’s Woohyuni?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“He didn’t come today” said a student.

 

“Then sit on that desk for today and I will request for you a new desk!” Said Sunggyu as he pointed at Woohyun’s desk.

 

The new student smiled as he obeyed the intern and walked to the desk at the back of the classroom. He admits that the intern is a sweet person and that he needs to know more about him.

 

Once the new student sat down, they heard a knock on the door and an awful flashback came across Sunggyu’s head making his tiny eyes widen to the sudden sound.

 

 

“Who’s it?”