SIXTEEN

DISCIPLINE

After school, woohyun was walking back home when he caught dongwoo and Sunggyu by the school gate.. he started at their backs and thought if the two was dating because they see each other more than he sees his handsome face in the mirror he supposed..

 

"I thought you owed me a cup of coffee" woohyun mumbled to himself as he continued walking toward his home..

 

At that time, Sunggyu and Dongwoo stopped by the bus stop and waited for the bus. They were discussing about how many calories a person is eligible to have a day. Dongwoo believes that we must only have 1400 calories a day, while Sunggyu suggest that we must eat as much as we like since we all have one life only... at the end of the day, Dongwoo found that Sunggyu's idea is very convincing and he requested the inter to go out for dinner sometime..

 

By the time the bus had arrived, and people were getting off it,  Sunggyu noticed woohyun walking past.

 

"Woohyun ah!" Sunggyu called.

 

Woohyun stopped and spun on his heels to face the caller. It was Sunggyu, he knew that from his voice, but why he called him, woohyun wanted to know..

 

"Where are you going?" The intern asked.

 

"Home" woohyun simply said.

 

"Would you like to go out and grab a cup of coffee?"

 

Woohyun couldn't believe his ears, did the other just asked him out? He blinked twice in surprise.. he wasn't sure after all, if it was ok to go out with Sunggyu after all the bad things he had done to him.. Woohyun wanted to say no, yet he didn't want to pass up this opportunity. He wanted to reject it but didn't know how to. Woohyun looked at Dongwoo who was looking at the intern. He nodded. He didn't know why he nodded but he did nevertheless, and there was no way back.

 

"Cool" said Sunggyu with a smile.

 

"Can I join too?" Dongwoo asked with a cute pout on his lips.

 

Sunggyu chuckled at how cute his student was, but nodded anyway "of course you can!"

 

Woohyun examined Sunggyu, his chuckle his smile everything about him made his heart flatter.. but that wasn't it, Sunggyu supposed to invite him only for a cup of coffee, why did he invited Dongwoo along with them? Woohyun mentally huffed..

 

 

 

 

 

After they made it to the cafe, which was one of Sunggyu's favorite cafes, they stood in line to order. The cafe wasn't so busy, but there were two couples in front of them taking their orders.

 

Woohyun was quiet the whole time he was with the other two. Ever since he decided to go with them, the two were none stop talking about different stuff that woohyun was interested in. He wanted to join the conversation but they were so talkative nevertheless that he couldn't find a chance to speak.. Woohyun hated the fact that Dongwoo was with them.. he wished he wasn't there.

 

 

Once it was their turn, Sunggyu informed the person on cashier that he wants it all in one bill and told her what he and dongwoo wants to order, since both of them have decided their order long time ago. Sunggyu spun on his heel and looked at woohyun when the person on cashier asked if they want anything else before she closes the bill, he watched him and waited for woohyun to tell his order.

 

Woohyun admits that it was the first time the intern looked at him since he joined them.. He froze for a moment as he made eye contact with Sunggyu.. he doesn't remember for how long he stared but he wished that moment never stopped..

 

"What would you like to order?" Sunggyu smiled.

 

"Uh..umm.. iced americano!" Woohyun mumbled his usual order, he didn't need to think about it since ice americano was the only drink he liked.

 

"That's it?" Sunggyu was surprised that woohyun didn't choose anything to eat. As far as he knows, woohyun loves food so much, his chubby cheeks were a good sign for that!

 

"And some chocolate muffin too!" Woohyun added making the inter giggle.

 

"The total is $46.50" the cashier announced.

 

Woohyun was about to take his wallet out when Sunggyu held his hand..

 

"It's on me!" Sunggyu smiled.

 

His smile caused an attack on woohyun's heart.. he spaced out. Everything about Sunggyu makes woohyun's heart beats fast. What's wrong with me? Was the question woohyun asked himself every time he sees the other smile.. but this time it was sunggyu touch.. it was so soft that made woohyun's heart burst into butterflies.. woohyun wished the other didn't retract his hand..

 

After he paid, Sunggyu excused his students to go to the toilet.

 

Dongwoo and Woohyun spotted an empty table in the corner of the cafe and sat on it.

 

The sphere of the cafe was so quiet and calm. The walls were white and the floor was ash wooden. The windows were big framed clear glass that revealed the colorful garden outside the cafe. The environment suited people who loves to read as there was a huge bookshelf filled with different kinds of books.

 

Dongwoo was playing with his phone, he wasn't literally playing any game but he was just fiddling with it to avoid eye contact with Woohyun.. Dongwoo wasn't scared of the latter nevertheless, but he wanted to keep himself out of troubles.

 

Meanwhile, woohyun was looking around him silently. He was taking glances at the other from time to time, waiting for him to say something maybe..

 

Dongwoo shifted uncomfortably in his seat due to woohyun glances at him.. he thought that the other doesn't want him to be here. Actually dongwoo didn't want to be in the same place as woohyun.. so he thought about leaving the place, yet he felt bad for Sunggyu. But then he remembered that the intern wanted to change woohyun, so he thought this would be the best time for that, so he decided to leave them alone.

 

"Something happened, I gotta go.. apologize to Sunggyu hyung in my behalf!" Dongwoo excused himself and walked out of the cafe. He didn't give woohyun the chance to absorb the new information in.. that he was going to be alone with Sunggyu..

 

It was true that woohyun wanted to be alone with Sunggyu, but he doesn't understand why he suddenly felt nervous when dongwoo left.. to his luck, once dongwoo has already disappeared from his scene Sunggyu came out from toilet.

 

"Where's dongwoo?"

 

"He says sorry" Woohyun shrugged.

 

Sunggyu's shoulders dropped in disappointment, he pouted as he walked to the counter and grabbed their order. Sunggyu placed the tray down on the same table and sat down across from woohyun.

 

"What a waste.." Sunggyu mumbled looking at dongwoo's order.

 

"I will eat it" Woohyun mumbled. God knows how happy he was that he got extra food..

 

The boys ate their food quietly as they had nothing to talk about. The only thing they did say to each other from time to time is how delicious the food was, no more than that. Well Sunggyu doesn't like to speak when he eats nevertheless.. there were times when they had nothing to say which made woohyun steal few glances at Sunggyu..

 

"Have something to say?" Sunggyu asked sipping his drink after he caught the other looking at him.

 

At first, woohyun hesitated but then he asked Sunggyu about where he works.

 

"I work at a cafe on weekends every morning until evening, then I am a chauffeur at night"

 

"That's a lot" woohyun gasped.

 

"I know right. I have no time to rest on weekends!" Sunggyu sighed.

 

"That's unfair"

 

"Worried about me?"

 

"No, why would I worry about you? I worry about the people you serve" woohyun explained.

 

"And what does that supposed to mean?" He raised his eyebrow in confusion.

 

"I mean, I would never come to the cafe you work at to not get poisoned and I would never let you drive me home so I don't get into a car accident because of you!"

 

"But you know, I have some loyal customers who comes to the cafe everyday to spend some time with me and most of them are girls at your age; plus, I get benefits from driving drunk ladies to their houses!" Sunggyu pouted cutely.

 

"You slept with them??" Woohyun jaw dropped to what the inter said.

 

Sunggyu shrugged.

 

"Seriously?" the latter asked.

 

"Of course not, I'm still a !" Sunggyu stated.

 

"E..ew I didn't want to know" woohyun felt his ears warming up.

 

"Well now you know!" Sunggyu shrugged again.

 

Woohyun had so many questions in his head that he wanted to ask the other but didn't find the courage to do so.. he wanted to know more about Kim Sunggyu, more like personal stuff, such as what he likes and what he dislikes, what makes him happy and what makes him sad etcetera etcetera.. woohyun admits that if Sunggyu was a book he might study him not just read him.. that's how curious he was about the other. But on the other hand, woohyun wasn't in a good term with Sunggyu, after everything he did to the other he doesn't expect from Sunggyu to answer him about more personal stuff..

 

Sunggyu examined woohyun who spaced out while looking him straight into the eyes. He felt nervous as he didn't know what woohyun was up to, but it seemed that he was only thinking nevertheless. Honestly, Sunggyu was thinking about woohyun as well. He thought about what he did to woohyun before.. if he didn't try to get close to the other, he wouldn't get into troubles with Nam Woohyun and they wouldn't have visited the principal, plus, woohyun wouldn't have been yelled at by Mr. Kim..

 

"I'm sorry" Woohyun and Sunggyu mumbled at the same time..

 

Sunggyu chuckled. "I'm sorry for always getting you into troubles with Mr. Kim and the students.." he mumbled..

 

"I'm always in troubles with them anyway, it's not like you have made a difference.." Woohyun looked down as if he was ready to be scolded by Sunggyu.. honestly, he felt sorry too, Sunggyu shouldn't apologize to someone like him he supposed, Woohyun hurt the other too..

 

"I'm sorry for hitting you the other day.." woohyun apologized sincerely.

 

"Which time do you mean?" Woohyun didn't hit Sunggyu once only, Sunggyu was confused.

 

"All.." he sighed. "I just.. I can't control my fist sometimes"

 

"You're forgiven. But don't do it again, it hurts a lot" Sunggyu warned.

 

"I'll try.."

 

Sunggyu checked the time on his phone and announced that he should go home to prepare his stuff for tomorrow. He stood up and offered Woohyun a walk to the bus stop.

 

Woohyun nodded and followed him.

 

They walked together towards the bus stop. Woohyun wanted to ask Sunggyu many things, he wanted to ask about his friend who was going to visit the school tomorrow but then their shoulders brushed against each other few times and woohyun couldn't focus on anything else but the feeling he had in his tommy..

 

However, Sunggyu didn't mind that as if he didn't even felt the touch of shoulders. He got used to these kind of touches ever since he started hanging out with Dongwoo. The latter had no problem with skin-ships,  he would hug and touch anyone he feels comfortable with, which basically everyone he has seen so far.

 

Sunggyu stopped, so did woohyun. The older of all spun on his heels to face the latter.

 

Woohyun looked Sunggyu straight in the eye. For few seconds, he was able to make eye contact with the intern, which he wished it never stopped..

 

"It's my bus!" Sunggyu announced. He smiled making his tiny eyes curved into crescent moon-like shape.

 

Woohyun's heart bounced, once or twice, he couldn't recall. It just everything about Sunggyu made Woohyun uncomfortable from the inside, yet he feels so strangely comfortable with that feeling, he just doesn't want it to stop..

 

"Take care!" He mumbled.

 

"You too Woohyun ah~" Sunggyu smiled as he decided to leave first.

 

Woohyun watched the other getting on his bus. He mentally pouted, he didn't want this beautiful day to end like this, he wished they stayed together for ten more minutes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ya, focus. You hated his hamster face, what's wrong with you?"

 

"But that smile was so beautiful-"

 

"Don't be so stupid, he does that to fool you!"

 

"He's so kind..."

 

"Well your mother was kind too..."

 

"Mom.."

 

"She cheated on you and your father. She left you behind and went alone to live her life.."

 

"..."

 

"Sunggyu won't be there for you forever. He's gonna ditch you like your mother did, so don't trust him!"

 

"But.."

 

"No, who are you to him so he stays with you? You're no more than just a student!"

 

".."

 

"And he's like your teacher. Regarding your school rules, you can not make a relationship with your teacher. You know what kind of relationships I'm talking about"

 

Woohyun pulled his blanket over his head and closed his eyes tightly. He wanted to sleep, but that voice in his head kept him awake.. he extended his hand to reach out for his phone.

 

 

 

 

 

After few minutes of staring at that empty chatroom. His first message was:

 

 

 

                                                                 [Sleeping?]