SIX

DISCIPLINE

After school, Sunggyu took the bus to his home. There were kids on the bus chatting with each other about the new phone one of them has recently got from his parents, Sunggyu had nothing to do but listening to them while looking at nowhere outside the window. He thought about the old days when his parents used to reward him with the modern types of games were available, he remembered how he was bragging about the first Game Boy he got back then and smiled to these beautiful memories. When the bus came into a stop Sunggyu got out and walked to the apartment where he lives.

 

 

 

Sunggyu kicked off his shoes as soon as he stepped into his apartment. He strolled to his bedroom and threw his body on his bed. His body muscles ached as he thought of how many kilometers he walked this day. The campus was massive, he had to walk here and there to find the restroom, and to go up and down stairs every time he needed to print something for Mr. Kim. He stared at the ceiling of his room thinking about nothing but what will happen the next day.

 

He checked the time on his phone, it was half past ten, so he decided to call his mother. After few rings, his mother finally picked up her phone. The boy smiled when she greeted him first, he missed seeing his mother, hugging her, and eating the food she makes. The last time he saw her was few months ago before the semester starts. His mother lives in a small town far away from his university in Seoul. He visits her in holidays, but he can't visit her during the weekends because he's mostly busy with his part-time jobs. Sunggyu calls his mother every night to tell her about his day, and to ask about her day, he feels better when he talks to her, sometimes he would sleep early and forget to call her, but he always calls back the next morning. He doesn't feel lonely like that.

 

The call lasted no longer than half an hour, he wished he could talk to his mother longer but she sounded tired so he decided to hang up first. He thought about preparing his stuff for the next morning but he couldn't move a muscle, and he felt much more comfortable in his bed than he ever had before. His eyes felt heavy so he decided to give up and drift off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning, Sunggyu woke up earlier than expected, he opened his eyes to the sound of a new message on his phone that he realized later it was just a spam message. He crawled out of his bed tiredly and headed into his bathroom. The first thing he did after washing his face was turning on the hot water in his shower. As he took off his old clothes cold breeze touched the warm skin of his arms making him shiver. A warm shower in the morning was a great idea to ease his tired muscles.

 

It didn't take him too long to completely dry his wet hair with the hair drier, Sunggyu was always lazy to use a towel for that nonetheless. He used some body lotion just to keep his body moisturized. He looked at himself in the mirror as he fixed his messy hair. Checking his closet, he picked a white hoodie with a random quote in black font written on it and denims, something casual but most importantly comfy.

 

His empty stomach growled, it is something normal to happen for someone who didn't have his dinner the night before. As he was walking to his fridge, Sunggyu's phone vibrated in his pocket, he took it out and scanned the messages with his eyes. It was from Mr. Park -his teacher from college- informing him that he is going to visit him at school later today. Sunggyu typed a quick formal reply telling the other that he would like to see him too. He pulled the door of his fridge open, and pouted when he saw it empty. Looking at his watch, Sunggyu told his hungry stomach to wait for lunch, a bottle of water would keep it quiet until then.

 

 

 

Sunggyu was able to memorize the way to the teacher's office that day, thanks to Dongwoo who showed it to him on his first day. When he first entered the room, he bowed and greeted the teachers who were there as he made his way to Mr. Kim's desk, the elder was talking to some students. Sunggyu pulled a chair and settled it near to the other's desk before he sat quietly waiting for him to finish his talk with the students.

 

Once he was done with the students, Mr. Kim turned his gaze to the intern and said "Good morning"

 

Sunggyu smiled and greeted him back. He doesn't know why he always feels shy when the elder is talking to him. Maybe not only him, but other students react the same when Mr. Kim talks to them. Sunggyu has seen that during the time he was traveling between the classrooms with the elder, students, especially girls, would stop them to bow for the elder and flirt with him.. After all, Sunggyu doesn't support the idea of students flirting with their teachers, however, he can't deny the fact that the elder was so attractive.

 

"Have something to say?" The elder asked.

 

Sunggyu nodded "Mr. Park is coming today"

 

"He's more than welcome to come at any time he wants"

 

"Thank you" he bowed making the other chuckles.

 

"No need to bow, I want you to feel comfortable with me. Ok?"

 

A nod.

 

That might be hard for Sunggyu, but he can bare with it nevertheless. He's not an outgoing person, because Sunggyu tends to be alone most of the time, that's why he's always nervous around new people. It is not a big issue, but Sunggyu thinks that people will hate it if he tells them that he is not social with strangers..

 

"What do you think?" Mr. Kim asked closing his book and placing it down on his desk. "Kim Sunggyu" he called him again.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I was talking to you, were you listening?"

 

"I'm.. sorry, I was spaced out!" Sunggyu mumbled still fighting his nervousness.

 

Leaning closer so he can whisper to the younger "Are you dating someone?" with a smirk on his face.

 

The distance between their faces made the younger freeze in his place. He blinked few times before shaking his head in disagreement. "What were you saying?"