NINETEEN

DISCIPLINE

The next morning, Woohyun woke up feeling nauseous. He jumped off his bed and ran to his bathroom. After emptying his stomach, he washed his pale face and brushed his teeth. Woohyun held his heavy head as he walked out of the bathroom and towards his kitchen to grab a glass of water.

 

"Good morning" said Sunggyu to the new comer.

 

Woohyun looked at the person standing in the middle of his kitchen, he shook his head in disbelief. "Ugh, not again, last time it was mom... now it's Kim Sunggyu...tsk alcohol." Woohyun mumbled as he tried to walk through that imaginary person..

 

"Owww" he groaned as he held his head which he just slammed against Sunggyu's chest. -Alcohol is not good kids, don't drink that.-

 

Sunggyu tilted his head in confusion as he watched the other rubbing his forehead.

 

"You ok?" Asked Sunggyu with raised eyebrow.

 

He nodded.

 

"Probably wondering what I'm doing here" he said as he crossed his arms over his chest "and I'm wondering what you were doing at that night club last night!" He continued.

 

"I.. don't remember" woohyun stuttered.

 

"Great! Once you remember you will know how I got in here!"

 

Sunggyu pushed the latter off his way as he continued preparing the breakfast table. He huffed, how could he not remember the hard time he put Sunggyu through last night? That spoilt little kid, he probably has his own private driver who takes him home every time he gets wasted, or else why would he need to remember who took him home last night.

 

"Sit down!" He said looking at the kid who was still standing in the same spot.

 

The latter obeyed and sat down for breakfast.

 

The table was full of different kinds of food, it was colorful. French toasts, omelet, bacons, fruits, different types of cheese and jams, and probably all types of pastries you find in bakeries. Woohyun has never seen a beautiful breakfast like this one before..

 

"I made everything I can cook, and bought some ready stuff, didn't know what you like" said Sunggyu with a smile.

 

And for a second, Woohyun felt home, where there's delicious food and lovely people. He missed this feeling, it has been more than two years since he actually sat on this table for breakfast. Ever since his parents stared fighting they stopped eating breakfast together, it was always Woohyun who sat on this table and had his meal by himself.. sometimes his father would join him but most of the times he's busy handling work overseas. Woohyun misses his father, it's been more than five months since he'd seen him.. his vision became blurry as he shoved more food in his mouth.

 

"You don't like it??" Sunggyu asked with a pout on his lips.

 

Woohyun shook his head "so delicious" he mumbled.

 

"Thank god" he smiled.

 

"I am really sorry if I did something bad to you last night.. I really don't remember anything.."

 

"Nah, nothing bad happened, it just your snores were so loud I couldn't sleep!" He joked.

 

Woohyun blinked few time, he couldn't believe his ears so he asked "you slept here?"

 

"Right beside you!"

 

Pink tinted the latter cheeks to the fact that Sunggyu, the one who always made his heart flatter, slept in the same bed as him.

 

Sunggyu caught the other blushing, he remembered when the guy at the night club told him that woohyun was gay.. Sunggyu doesn't want Woohyun to fall for him, he doesn't want to get in more troubles with the latter nonetheless. Sunggyu just wants to remain his teacher, no more than that. The fact that Woohyun might have fallen in love for him kept him awake the night before, he thought of how could he stop that from happening, how could he stop woohyun from having feelings towards him without breaking his heart. No matter for how long he thinks about this, he always fails when he remembers woohyun's beautiful smile..

 

"Nothing happened; so don't worry too much about it" Sunggyu said with a cold voice as he stood from his seat and walked to the sink to wash his plate.

 

Woohyun watched the other, he stared at his back and his tiny waist as he had few flashbacks from the night before. Woohyun held his ached head and closed his eyes tightly. He remembered when he was at the bar, he was drinking that golden beer while staring at his phone. Woohyun recalled the time when he added a heart beside Sunggyu's name in his phone contacts list.. he looked at Sunggyu again and wondered if the other saw that or not.. as soon as he started remembering everything roughly, his thoughts were cut off by Sunggyu.

 

"I filled your fridge with food so no need to eat out!"

 

'Thank you"

 

"And stop going to bars and night clubs, it's not good for you!"

 

"I'm sorry.." the latter mumbled and looked down.

 

"Stop apologizing now and hand me your plate to wash it"

 

Woohyun nodded. He picked up the dirty plates and handed them to sunggyu. The intern thanked him and continued washing the plates. The latter stood there and watched sunggyu while he was now washing their mugs, he looked at sunggyu's hands and spotted that tiny bandage which was wrapped around his index finger. Woohyun immediately held the intern from his wrist and pulled his hand out of sink.

 

"What happened to your finger???"

 

Sunggyu flinched at woohyun's sudden action. "I'm fine, I just accidentally poked myself with the knife" he mumbled as he retraced his hand.

 

"Be careful next time!"

 

"Will there be a next time?" Sunggyu asked as he looked straight into woohyun's eyes.

 

Woohyun joined the eye contact as he looked Sunggyu straight in the eyes. He thought that it was his chance, it was finally the time to confirm his feelings towards the other, and to know if there will be a next time or not. In a blink of an eye, woohyun leaned closer and placed a soft kiss on sunggyu's soft lips, deepen it as butterflies started dancing in his tummy.

 

Sunggyu froze in his place, unable to make a move as his tiny eyes widened in surprise. What is it? Sunggyu never expect this to happen too soon, not because the latter was kissing him, Sunggyu never expected that his first kiss would be this soon, and that it would be with someone like woohyun..

 

He panicked, his heart started beating fast in fear as he pushed the other off and placed a hard slap on his cheek, earring the soft skins of sunggyu's palm and woohyun's cheek being smacked into each other. Sunggyu breathed heavily as his face turned red in anger.

 

Woohyun held his cheek, the slap was painful.. he watched sunggyu and tried to read him, but he couldn't.. woohyun wanted to hear an apology from the other, or maybe he was supposed to apologize, he just couldn't understand this situation, and didn't know what to do about it..

 

Sunggyu huffed angrily as he escaped woohyun's house, running as fast as he could towards an unknown distance. He doesn't care where his legs are taking him, he just wants to escape this.

 

Woohyun took few minutes to realize that he has made a mistake.. he admitted that he just kissed the other without asking for a permission first, or maybe he hurt the other's feelings.. Woohyun felt so bad and sorry. How will he face Sunggyu now?

 

He stood up from his seat and opened the door of his fridge, searching for a can of beer. Unfortunately, there was no beer, only green stuff that he supposed Sunggyu brought, probably he threw all the beer too. He sighed as he grabbed a bottle of water and strolled to hall. Woohyun gulped down half of the cold water, he sniffed before spotting the abandoned phone on the coffee table. He picked it up, it wasn't his phone, probably Sunggyu's phone. Woohyun smirked to himself, it was a good excuse to go and visit Sunggyu, but where could he be?

 

It was Sunday nevertheless, Sunggyu must be at the cafe where he works as a part timer. Woohyun hurried back to his room and prepared himself to go and meet sunggyu.

 

The kid typed a quick message to his friend, asking him about the cafe's location. It took the angel boy only few seconds, but he sent to woohyun the location of the cafe nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The temperature dropped few degrees that morning, it was pretty windy however it didn't stop people from doing their work. The yellow leaves of trees had finally escaped the dry branches, they were covering the sidewalks just like if someone had spread a golden carpet on the ground.

 

Woohyun hopped happily towards the coffee shop. He finally knew where the intern works most of the time. Woohyun got dressed into blank denims and leather jacket, he wore a black hat to continue his outfit with. When he was finally there by the door of the cafe woohyun took few steps to the back as he tried to reorganize his words. He wanted to greet the other then apologize to what he did, but he wanted to make it sincere that he didn't meant to hurt Sunggyu's feelings.

 

Sunggyu was serving people's orders when he spotted Woohyun standing outside of the coffee shop. He returned the tray to the kitchen and strolled out to where the other was standing.

 

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a cold voice.

 

Woohyun spun on his heels when he recognized the voice of Sunggyu, it was unique nevertheless. He smiled and greeted the intern "you forgot your pho-"

 

Sunggyu didn't wait for the other to finish what he was saying, however, he snatched his phone from Woohyun.

 

"i don't want to see you anymore, get the out of here"

 

 

"But-"

 

Sunggyu's words felt like sorrows that crossed woohyun's chest, his heart ached. Woohyun never expected the intern to tell him this. No, woohyun can never get off Sunggyu's face, he still wants to see him.. the latter watched Sunggyu turning his back to him and heading back to the cafe. He remembered when his mom left him, she turned her back to him just like how sunggyu did. Woohyun was fine with the fact that he can't see his mother anymore, but he wasn't fine now, he doesn't want to lose sunggyu.. at least as friend.

 

"Aw, it's woohyun" said Dongwoo, he walked few steps towards the cafe.

 

Woohyun sniffed as he wiped away his tears, he turned and started walking back home.

 

"How do you know nam woohyun?" Asked Jisung.

 

"He's our classmate" the angel boy stated, "wait, how do you know his full name?" He asked with raised eyebrow.

 

"Is he??? He was my classmate in my old school" Said the new student.

 

"What a coincidence!"

 

"Is it a good or bad luck for me?" He giggled making the angel boy laugh at his remark.

 

They walked in the cafe and greeted sunggyu who was too focused on doing his job probably. Sunggyu greeted them coldly but with a smile, then walked back to kitchen.

 

Dongwoo tilted his head in confusion. What's wrong with the intern? There must be something going on between sunggyu and woohyun, cause why would woohyun come all the way to the cafe and leave without even going in?

 

The two boys made their order and sat on a table in the corner of the cafe. Dongwoo informed the new student that Sunggyu usually works at this cafe on weekends and that he always visit the intern whenever he had time.

 

"by the way, are they close to each other?" Asked Jisung.

 

"Who?"

 

"Sunggyu hyung and woohyun!"

 

"Aaah... I'm sure they are" the angel boy stated.

 

"We are not" said Sunggyu as he cleaned the other table.

 

"Woohyun seemed like he would propose to you any second" Dongwoo added.

 

"He will not!" The intern mumbled before walking back toward the cashier.

 

"He seems pissed, don't ask him anymore about Woohyun" Jisung whispered to his friend.

 

"He got himself into troubles again..." Dongwoo sighed.

 

'Why?"

 

"Woohyun is not easy.. he hurt Sunggyu more than two times, and broke his rib once"

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah, it was Sunggyu's first week with us.." Dongwoo mumbled.

 

"I thought he was a sweet boy.." Jisung stated.

 

"Who?"

 

"Woohyun!"

 

"Eh? He's the devil, no one loves him at school, even teachers!"

 

"The real Woohyun is a bright kid, he makes jokes about everything, he's sweet and loves to help others. Everyone in our school loved him actually. I even remember he used to be the vice president once, he got really good marks and he would always gets the first place."

 

"Are you sure the person you are talking about is the same nam woohyun who we saw while ago?" Asked Dongwoo.

 

"One hundred percent sure about that"

 

"Then what happened to him?"

 

The new student sighed. "I'm not sure if it's ok to tell you that.. actually not many people know the full truth except his family and who used to be his close friends.."

 

"I won't tell anyone, I promise!"

 

"His mother actually was dating Woohyun's favorite teacher secretly and they got caught by some students. Rumors spread across the school in blink of an eye because woohyun was pretty famous in our small school.. after that his parents got a divorce, and his best friends started bullying him.. I wasn't close to Woohyun but I felt really bad for him.. That year was like a hell, Woohyun stopped coming to school, and I heard that he used to visit some therapists for counseling.. his grades dropped really bad, Woohyun stopped trusting people around him and actually tried to avoid them.. if I was him, I would've killed myself already, no one would wish to live his life for one day.. but his father actually was a really great guy, once he knew about his son being bullied he immediately transferred him to another school. Woohyun was able to make it to your school based on his old grades, but a year after, his father's business started becoming big and now they are rich.."

 

"I feel bad for him" the angel boy cried.

 

"What are you saying?" Sunggyu mumbled as tear rolled down his cheek.

 

"I'm saying the truth Sunggyu Hyung.. it is hard to believe that but this is the truth.." Jisung states.

 

"No wonder he hated everyone.." Dongwoo added.

 

"Don't judge him too fast.. Woohyun is really pure in the heart.. he deserves a better life than this, so please show him some love.." The new student now smiled.

 

Dongwoo nodded. "I'll love him a lot from now one, I'll even start dating him if that will make him happy!!" He pouted cutely.

 

Sunggyu smacked the back of Dongwoo's head with the magazine he was holding as he sulked.

 

"Awwwwww" Dongwoo pouted more as he teared up, it wasn't painful nonetheless.

 

'I believe you love Woohyun too!" Jisung giggled.

 

"You want a smack on the head you too?" Sunggyu threatened.

 

The new student laughed hard as he shook his head.

 

'I love all of my students, so stop being silly and go do your homework!"

 

"We wrote them yesterday Hyung!" Said Dongwoo.

 

"Great!" Said Sunggyu before walking back to the staff rest room.

 

Sunggyu took out his phone, he thought of texting Woohyun, but what he was going to say? He just shooed his student and yelled at him. Sunggyu cursed himself, he returned his phone back in his jacket pocket and went back to work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After few hours, Sunggyu packed his stuff and was ready to go home after he had finished his shift. Dongwoo and Jisung actually waited for him until he took off that apron to walk home together.

 

They walked towards the bus stop when Dongwoo asked Sunggyu about the shirt he was wearing. "Is that even your shirt? It's too big on you!"

 

Sunggyu looked at the shirt he was wearing and spaced out. He forgot he was wearing Woohyun's shirt this whole time. He sighed.

 

"Em?" Asked Dongwoo again.

 

"It's woohyun's shirt"

 

"Eh? How?" Both Dongwoo and Jisung asked at the same time.

 

"It's actually a long story I rather not to tell you about.."

 

"Are we keeping secrets from each other now?" The angel boy asked.

 

"No.. but I'll tell you when it's the right time to tell!"

 

"They are dating" Jisung whispered to Dongwoo.

 

"I know!" He whispered back to his friend.

 

"What are you guys whispering about?" Asked Sunggyu.

 

"We will tell you when it's the right time to tell!" The students said at the same time teasing the intern.

 

All of them laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Monday morning, Dongwoo, Jisung and Sunggyu walked to school together. Honestly, Dongwoo usually comes to school with his driver, but he enjoys it more when he comes by the bus with the others. Jisung wasn't a rich kid, his parents couldn't afford him a private driver, but he wears branded clothes and shoes nonetheless.

 

Sunggyu excused his students to go to the teachers office, he promised them that he will see them soon in the first period, he waved his hand as he walked on his way.

 

The two students were chatting about different stuff at the same time, they had soo many things to talk about in short time until the first period starts. Once they entered the classroom, they greeted their friends and made their ways to their seats. To their luck, their seats were far from each other, no one actually wanted to change place with Jisung whose seat now was Sunggyu's seat before, which means the seat beside Woohyun's seat at the back of the classroom.

 

Jisung didn't mind sitting next to woohyun nevertheless. He walked to the back of the classroom and spotted woohyun sleeping on his desk, Jisung smiled to himself as he slowly sat down beside the grumpy kid.

 

Jisung slow movement woke up the light sleeper woohyun. As he faced the other side of the room, woohyun's heart race for the presence of the other as he begun to think of how he is going to apologize to the inter once he turn his gaze to him..

 

Woohyun sat up, and looked to his left side..

 

Jisung greeted him with a smile.

 

Woohyun actually never expected to see someone else other than Sunggyu. He knew his classmates are avoiding him, and that no one dares to sit next to him, but who was that anyway? Woohyun has never seen him before in this classroom. No wonder he didn't smell any fresh scent when the other sat beside him.

 

"Hi, I'm Park Jisung" the new student greeted again with a smile which made the whole class turn their gaze to the two students at the back of the classroom.

 

"This is not your seat" Said the grumpy kid.

 

"Actually, Sunggyu Hyung told me to sit here from now on" he smiled.

 

Hearing that name made Woohyun accepts the fact that the new student is going to sit next to him from now on. Woohyun couldn't do anything since it was an order from Sunggyu, he still feels sorry and doesn't want to make any troubles anymore.

 

Soon after, Mr. Kim and Sunggyu entered the classroom making everyone, including woohyun, stand to greet them.

 

"Thank you, you may have a seat" Said the intern as he scanned the room with his tiny eyes, he looked to the direction of woohyun and Jisung, Sunggyu smiled back at the new student then retracted his gaze back to the attendance paper. "Nobody is absent right?" He asked. And his students answered him with 'Yes'.

 

Once he took the attendance, the intern ordered his students to take out their books and to open page ninety-one then start reading silently as he took the white board marker and started writing some questions on the board.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At recess, Jisung and Dongwoo waited for Sunggyu to join them for lunch. The intern excused himself, and walked to the canteen with his students. After picking their favorites from the buffet, the three boys looked around themselves for a table. Jisung suggested them to sit with Woohyun when he saw that there was no empty table left.

 

"Come on, he's sitting alone!" The new student whined.

 

"Hyung?"

 

Sunggyu nodded. "Let's go" he said with a smile.

 

They walked to the table at the corner of the canteen, the students asked Woohyun if they can join, he looked at Sunggyu and nodded nevertheless.

 

The students sat across of woohyun as soon as they got the approval from him, leaving only one seat which was right beside the grumpy kid.

 

Sunggyu looked at the empty chair beside woohyun, you must be kidding me, he was never going to sit next him..

 

Woohyun watched Sunggyu, it was obvious that the intern doesn't want to sit next to him. Woohyun regretted what he did the other day. He sighed and looked up at the intern.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Look, I'm so sorry that I kissed you the other day, now please forgive me because I don't want to lose you..."