THIRTEEN

DISCIPLINE

After class, Sunggyu and Daehan sat down to check the students' work for the last time before presentations. They had a little chat about how bad they felt when they saw Woohyun's reaction when Daehan shouted at him. Honestly, he deserves it. Both of them agreed that something in Woohyun is changing. As an obvious evidence, Woohyun couldn't defend himself, he obeyed Daehan and waited outside of the classroom.

 

As they were checking the last few projects, Sunggyu picked up a small piece of paper and started at the written words on it.

 

 

 

"meet me behind the primary campus after school"

 

 

 

Daehan looked over Sunggyu who spaced out again. He leaned closer and read what's on that piece of paper "it's Woohyun!" He mumbled.

 

Sunggyu blinked few times as he went back to reality. He looked at the other and tilted his head in confusion.

 

"It's Woohyun's handwringing" Daehan stated.

 

Sunggyu hummed. "Interesting, so he can write too" he said and both of the started to laugh at Sunggyu's silly joke.

 

 

 

 

After classes, and when it's time for everyone to go home, Sunggyu looked at the sky, it was clear and the sun is ready to set in few minutes. He took the small piece of paper out of his pocket and thought about why is he heading to the back of the primary school campus just to meet with Woohyun while they can meet in front of the gate or even in a cafe. Sunggyu has no idea why he accepted to meet the other, he's still mad at Woohyun though.

 

Once he was there, Sunggyu looked around himself, he thought it would be a dark alley between storage rooms, huge trash bins where no one would find him if he got beaten up by Woohyun, but it was totally different from what he expected. It wasn't as dark as he thought it would be, there were few spot lights on the back of the campus. There were two storage rooms but they seemed to be locked so no one can enter them. Other than that, Sunggyu saw an abundant soccer nets and some other sports equipments.

 

Sunggyu didn't wait long until Woohyun showed up from behind one of the storage rooms. The intern didn't bother to ask Woohyun why here why not somewhere else, but he looked at the time on his phone screen and informed Woohyun that he needs to leave after five minutes so he better say what he wants to say quickly without introductions.

 

Woohyun shook his head in disagreement "I'm not wasting your time, you are the one who's wasting my time!" He looked at Sunggyu who chuckled at his words. "Funny?"

 

"No, I'm sorry" Sunggyu tried to hold his giggle back, but no use..

 

Woohyun didn't know why, but seeing that other laughing at him, belittling him, made him want to beat up the person in front of him again, and be never responsible for what will happen next. He might get kicked out of school, yet he never cared, he hates the person in front of him the most, he wants to stop him, but he can't..

 

After few moments of silence, Sunggyu decided to stop giggling and listen to what the other wants to say. "I really need to go soon, I have work to do"

 

"What work?"

 

"Is this what you called me for?" Sunggyu looked directly into the student's eyes as he slid his hands in his pockets.

 

Woohyun tried to avoid the eye contact because that made him feel uncomfortable but he managed to answer with a nod. "Kind of?"

 

"I have a part-time job at seven" Sunggyu took another glance at his phone screen and continued "you don't seem like you have something to say". It was obvious actually that Woohyun had a lot to say, but Sunggyu wanted to say that to tease the latter so he speaks soon.

 

After few moments of silence, Woohyun decided to speak..

 

"Are you happy now that the whole class is talking bad about me? Huh? Are you satisfied now?" He breathed heavily. To Woohyun, Sunggyu sounded like he's not taking this serious, while it's Woohyun's most important concern of all the time.

 

Woohyun looked down at his feet as tears rolled down his cheeks. He felt a heavy weight being replaced on his chest as he started sobbing. Woohyun didn't want the other to see this side of him, to look down at him. In a blink of an eye, Woohyun was able to make his second move. Even though Sunggyu didn't say anything about it, he was just worryingly looking at him.. Woohyun felt like the other was stabbing him in his heart with these glances, so he gathered all his strength and pushed the person in front of him who's now down on ground.

 

Sunggyu groaned when his back hit the wall behind him, as his legs lost their balance and he fell so hard on the rough floor. His ribs ached making him pressing so hard on his left waist with his hands.

 

Woohyun's eyes widened to his sudden movement as he took few steps to the back. He had to admit that he didn't know he would hurt the other again, it's just that Woohyun can't control himself when he gets angry or frustrated.. Woohyun looked at his shaky hands then at the groaning guy in front of him, he didn't know whether to help him or not.

 

"Woohyun- uh.." Sunggyu mumbled feeling the pain in his ribs becoming sorrowful..

 

Woohyun stuttered as he answered him. He looked at the intern and managed to help him up. Woohyun's eyes flattered when they spotted Sunggyu's soft milky-white skin of his crotch that has been revealed by his shorts. Woohyun felt heat around his ears as pink tinted his pale cheeks. He remained in the same spot, unable to move.

 

Sunggyu shut his eyes closed in pain as he stood up "I really don't know what you are talking about". He kept holding his harmed ribs and looked at Woohyun who remained spaced out.

 

"Isn't it your fault?" Sunggyu admit that he had hard time to speak due to the pain in his waist but he continued "I know I did wrong talking to you but that doesn't mean to beat me up! Fix your attitude so no one will talk bad about you! If that was Dongwoo or someone else who have beaten me up, they wouldn't say anything.. why? well because they will never believe that.. because Dongwoo never does such things, and they will blame me because they do know nothing about me and they would expect it to be my fault!"

 

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu again but didn't say anything. Instead, he shifted his feet and walked away.

 

Sunggyu took a minute to catch his breath and stared at the other's back. After few moments, and when the pain in the left side of his torso has faded away, Sunggyu walked away on the opposite direction.