TWENTY-TWO

DISCIPLINE

 

“Really?” woohyun asked absentmindedly. He wasn’t really paying any attention to what Sunggyu was saying, he was thinking of something else nonetheless.

 

“Of course” Sunggyu chuckled at how stupid Woohyun’s question was.

 

“Then let’s have a cup of coffee after school!” Woohyun suggested.

 

“Cool! I was thinking of asking Ji-”

 

“Just the two of us” Woohyun continued.

 

“O..Ok!” Sunggyu stuttered. He remembered what Dongwoo told him at the canteen before.. Sunggyu was afraid whether Woohyun had already caught them playing on him or not, he was scared of the consequences already..

 

The intern shouldn’t have made this game from the beginning he supposed, but thinking about it, Sunggyu can see the results already, that woohyun was changing. He didn’t wanted to stop here and watch woohyun changing by himself, because he knows for sure that woohyun wont change unless he changes him!

 

At the end of the day, Sunggyu knows very well how much the student loves him. His biggest fear was not what Woohyun was going to do to him if he knew about this whole idea, sunggyu’s biggest fear was to break Woohyun’s heart. He just doesn’t know why, Sunggyu doesn’t even know if he can love his student back, he didn’t catch the feelings yet but he feels like he wants to protect Woohyun.. His student is just so precious to him, he would do anything just to make his student safe, aka Woohyun.

 

“Then see you after school” said Woohyun with a smile. His chubby cheeks rose up to reveal his tiny dimples which by looking at them Sunggyu lose his grip on the papers he was holding earlier.

 

As soon as Sunggyu kneeled down to pick up his papers, Woohyun followed him with the same action making his head smack on Sunggyu’s head.

 

“Ouch!” Sunggyu cried out and Woohyun was already bursting into tears. “Yah, what’s wrong with you?” The intern asked immediately.

 

“Did I hurt you?” Woohyun asked with a pout on his lips.

 

“No, I’m all fine..”

 

“Then why your nose is bleeding?” Woohyun cried out loud.

 

“My nose?” He mumbled wiping off the liquid running down his nose. It was red, dim red that dimmed Sunggyu’s sight as he passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I said it was an accident!!”

 

“An accident will not break his nose” Mr. Kim scolded.

 

“HE BROKE MY NOSE?” Sunggyu yelled as soon as he got up because of the others arguing over his head.

 

“NO”

 

“YES. Please explain Sunggyu!” Mr. Kim commanded.

 

“It was an accident” the interned mumbled as he explained what happened to the teacher. He looked at Woohyun and asked him why he is still crying.

 

“I’m sorry” said Woohyun while sobbing.

 

“He doesn’t like crying babies” Daehan stated.

 

He sniffed as he wiped off his tears “I’m not..”

 

Sunggyu giggled.

 

“Sunggyu Hyung!” Cried Jisung as soon as he entered the nurse office. He jumped on the bed and hugged the other. “You ok?” He asked with pouty lips.

 

Sunggyu nodded as he took a glance over Woohyun who was grinning his teeth in anger. The intern slowly let go of his student as he confirmed him that he was fine.

 

 

 

 

 

After school, Sunggyu waited by the school gate for Woohyun to go out with him for a cup of coffee as they promised before.

 

Woohyun threw his backpack over his shoulder when he saw the other waiting for him. He ignored the intern as he walked past him towards the bus stop.

 

“The cafe is this way!” Said Sunggyu as he strolled behind his student pointing to the opposite side of their direction.

 

“My home is this way” answered Woohyun as he continued walking.

 

“Ehey! Come on!” He whined as he pulled Woohyun from his arm.

 

“Go with your boyfriend!” Woohyun said coldly as he took Sunggyu’s hand off his arm.

 

“I don’t have a boyfriend”

 

“Then what’s Jisung to you? Your toy?”

 

“We did not even kiss!”

 

“Then what was that I heard over the phone?”

 

“Just a peck on the cheek” sighed Sunggyu.

 

“Aha! A peck to a kiss to ”

 

“I am not what you think Nam Woohyun!”

 

“Really? Does your boyfriend know that we kissed?”

 

“He is not my boyfriend!” He huffed.

 

Woohyun hummed just like he doesn’t believe Sunggyu at all.

 

“We did not kiss yet how we are supposed to be in such relationship? Huh?”

 

“Ha! But we kissed, you even joined the kiss. Does that makes me your boyfriend?” Woohyun smirked. After all, he enjoyed teasing the other.

 

“If you wish, then why not?” Said Sunggyu firmly.

 

Woohyun’s heart got tickled by Sunggyu’s words. The feeling made him blush on the other’s remark.

 

At the end of the day, Sunggyu ain’t joking about relationships, even though he is not a very social person but he was always firm and serious with people. If he likes them then they are welcome to be friends with him, if he doesn’t then he won’t ever feel shy to reject them.

 

Unfortunately, Woohyun wasn’t the same.. the kid’s life was so much different from Sunggyu’s life.. he doesn’t hear good things most of the time. A sweet word from anyone would make Woohyun so happy. That’s why he liked Sunggyu, well, he prefers him over all other people he knew because the intern always believed that Woohyun was a better person. The kid wanted to change himself for Sunggyu, to show him how good he is.

 

“Hm? You still don’t want to go to cafe with me?” Sunggyu asked.

 

He didn’t think about it for a second, not even gave an answer to the intern. Woohyun just shifted his feet and walked towards Sunggyu’s favorite cafe.

 

Sunggyu giggles as he shouted for Woohyun to wait for him.

 

 

 

 

Around three past ten, the two of them reached the cafe. Sunggyu allowed Woohyun to pick his order first as he checked his wallet secretly to make sure he had enough cash.

 

When Woohyun was done choosing his food, the lady at the cashier noticed Sunggyu and asked him if he’s getting his usual order.

 

Sunggyu smiled nervously, he doesn’t think his money will be enough for that, so he told her to give me a chocolate chip cookie instead of his usual croissant as he handed her some cash.

 

“Thank you. You may have a seat until your order is ready!”

 

Sunggyu bowed his head to thank the lady as he strolled behind Woohyun.

 

For few minutes, the two of them were busy fiddling with their phones as they took few sips of their drinks. They were avoiding eye contacts nonetheless, for no reason.

 

“What do you like about me?” Asked the elder of the two.

 

Woohyun blinked in response to the sudden weird question.. Sunggyu would’ve asked him what Woohyun doesn’t like about him the student supposed as it will be easy to answer.. but that question, hmm, Woohyun wasn’t ready for that.

 

“Who said that I like you?” He mumbled as he sipped his drink.

 

“Then why.....you... kissed me?” The intern bite his bottom lips.

 

“Just like that? You looked cute!” He teased.

 

“I am not cute!” Sunggyu growled angrily.

 

“I like teasing you and seeing your cute reaction” Woohyun giggled.

 

“I hate you!!!”

 

“I still love you~” the student said absentmindedly.

 

“Eh?”

 

“N...nothing”

 

Sunggyu hummed and smirked. Did Woohyun just confessed to him after saying that he doesn’t like him?

 

“By the way... tell me more about that competition” Woohyun wasn’t interested in the competition, nevertheless he brought this topic up to change the previous subject..

 

“I see that you are trying hard to change the topic but are you really thinking of joining?” The intern rubbed his chin, this kid ain’t serious, is he?

 

Woohyun hummed “am I not allowed to participate?”

 

“Of course you can participate, but I heard that the judges are hard to please...” said Sunggyu to scare Woohyun. Well, it’s not like he doesn’t want the student to join, Sunggyu’s only goal was to make Woohyun a better person.

 

“Who are they?” Said Woohyun with a raised eyebrow.

 

Sighed Sunggyu and confirmed him that the competition is based on voting. And that his classmates and every single student and teacher at school are going to vote to the participants.

 

“So what I mean is that if you are famous and you have a good reputation between the students you will be safe”

 

“But it’s a talent competition! They must judge me on my voice.. hm? Or my face? Hm?” Said Woohyun while cupping his chubby cheeks.

 

.. why is he so handsome and cute at the same time?

 

“Hmm? Did you just say that I am handsome?”

 

Sunggyu cursed himself for thinking out loud. He bite his bottom lip and said “who said you are? I just said that you think you are handsome but you are not really!” He nagged.

 

Woohyun pouted cutely as he the remained cream on his spoon.

 

“If you joined and you won, then I’ll admit that you are handsome!” Sunggyu added to cheer up his student.

 

“No”

 

“Why?”

 

“If I won, you will have to kiss me!” Woohyun added another term.

 

“Ok!” Said Sunggyu jokingly because he knew that Woohyun won’t be able to beat the school’s famous band.

 

Woohyun watched Sunggyu’s reaction, he studied it very well, he knew that the other doesn’t trust him. However, he smirked because he knew that he is gonna get that kiss, Woohyun was confident about himself nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the light meal at the cafe, the two boys decided to have a walk before going home. Since the weather started to become cooler than earlier this month, Woohyun suggested to go shopping for new clothes. Sunggyu told Woohyun that he isn’t in need for new clothes, but Woohyun insisted that they buy new hoodies for school. Sunggyu had no other option but to join Woohyun despite his empty wallet..

 

“Let’s go to this shop. I always dress up from them” said the rich boy Woohyun while pointing at the huge luxury store.

 

“But this is a bit..” he mumbled.

 

“What? They have your saggy clothes too. Don’t nag and follow me!”

 

Woohyun dragged Sunggyu from his arm towards the shop. Once they stepped in, the latter picked up a basket and started filling it up with warm sweaters and hoodies.

 

Sunggyu followed the other between the aisles. He looked around for a ‘hoodie’ only because his budget won’t allow him to have more than that, but he didn’t like any, or he didn’t find any which is below his budget..

 

“Hyung, why you didn’t choose anything yet? You don’t like the clothes here?”

 

“Nooo, everything is nice but I don’t know which one to choose..” he lied.

 

Woohyun hummed. He picked a random hoodie and placed on the other’s chest. It looked good he supposed. Woohyun picked another hoodie and tried it on Sunggyu, surprisingly the other one looked good as well.

 

“The two looks soo good on you! You must get them!” He said folding the two fabrics between his hands and handing them to Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu took a quick glance on the price tag.. one of them only was double his budget. How the heck he supposed to get both of the hoodies?

 

“Ehey, one is enough Woohyun ah!” He mumbled.

 

“Tsk, I said get both!”

 

He nodded. Honestly, Sunggyu had so many thoughts in his head, he didn’t want to walk to the cashier and get embarrassed when the machine reject his card for not having enough balance. He wanted to lie and say that he has the same as one of the hoodies, but he knew that Woohyun will never believe him.

 

“Let’s go” said Woohyun as he walked to the cashier.

 

Sunggyu bite his lips nervously as he followed Woohyun.

 

“Woohyun ah!” He mumbled but the other didn’t hear him so he had to pull Woohyun sleeve to get his attention.

 

“Emm?” He responded immediately as he looked at Sunggyu.

 

Yes, it’s better to be embarrassed in front of Woohyun but not the whole store.. 

 

Sunggyu stood on his toes to reach Woohyun’s ear to tell him the same “Woohyun ah, to be honest with you... I can not afford the two hoodies..” he pouted as he stood back on his feet.

 

Woohyun wasn’t sure if the other heard his loud heart beats or not, but he knew that the other caught him blushing from his red ears.. Sunggyu’s warm breaths on his neck, his cute pout or when he held Woohyun’s arm.. The latter can never help but to blush because of these.

 

“Y..you don’t have to worry about that” he stuttered. Woohyun took the hoodies from Sunggyu and put them in his basket.

 

“Noo.. I mean no need to get them, just allow me to return them back...” he mumbled.

 

“I am not buying them for you. Please understand that I am paying a lot to see you in them” Woohyun stated as he stood by the cashier and payed for the new clothes.

 

“Don’t!!! I’ll wear them in the dressing room if you really want to see me in them” Sunggyu nagged.

 

“Thank you!” Said Woohyun as he took the bags and walked out of the shop. Was he listening to Sunggyu nagging? Probably, but he decided to ignore him.

 

Sunggyu pouted and followed Woohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a decent dinner, Sunggyu told Woohyun that he feels tired and that he will be going home to take some rest.

 

“Come to my home” Woohyun suggested.

 

“Nooo, I have to work on something for tomorrow’s lesson I need to go home”

 

“I have a laptop, I’ll let you work on that”

 

“Well, do you have food? clothes?”

 

“We will buy something for breakfast from the convenience store near my house, and you don’t have to worry about clothes, we just bought some”

 

“Wanna hear a compliment?” Sunggyu asked.

 

Woohyun hummed.

 

“You are so good at convincing people when you want something from them”

 

“Really? Then you are so good at finding excuses to everything you don’t like!”

 

Sunggyu scoffed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the end of the day, Sunggyu accepted Woohyun’s invitation just because Woohyun’s home was close and he was so tired of walking already.

 

After shopping for breakfast at the convenience store, the toy boys walked towards Woohyun’s house. It was around 9 degrees outside, not too cold for people who are living in Seoul but too cold for who’s in a thin shirt and who’s in a sports tracksuit.

 

Sunggyu rubbed his hands together to keep them warm, he also tried blowing on them but no use he was frozen already.

 

Woohyun was kinda baring the cold weather. He looked at Sunggyu when a genius idea hit his head. The student took Sunggyu’s hand, he entwined their fingers together then placed their hands in his warm pocket.

 

Sunggyu giggled as he suddenly felt the warmth of Woohyun’s hand. He mumbled thank you to the other.

 

“No need!”

 

“Aw, what is this?” Asked Sunggyu as he took out a tiny squared plastic envelope which seemed like a new . Sunggyu looked at the strawberry flavored and gave Woohyun that questionable look to explain him this.

 

“Aw, this?” He blinked.

 

“Yes? This?” Sunggyu tied his eyebrows.

 

“It’s not mine!”

 

“It was in your pocket!”

 

“Come on, don’t be so silly, I’m gay!”

 

“Please, don’t be so silly, even gays wear these... and I don’t know why they do anyway, cause I am not one!” Sunggyu stated.

 

“You are right, but this is not mine!”

 

“How to believe you?”

 

“This tracksuit is not mine!”

 

The intern hummed. He sulked and continued walking.

 

“Why sulking? Are you jealous that I might’ve had it with someone?”

 

No response from Kim Sunggyu.

 

“No way!!! Were you really jealous???” He laughed.

 

Sunggyu pouted. “Not funny!” He said cutely.

 

“I am not laughing at you babe!” Said Woohyun as he placed a quick peck on Sunggyu’s cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Woohyun ah!” Said the person standing in front of them, the one who stood in front of Woohyun’s apartment..