TWENTY-ONE

DISCIPLINE

 

 

 

“Jisung ah, what are you doing here at this time? You don’t have a class?” Sunggyu asked the student who was just walking towards them.

 

“I excused the teacher to go to the bathroom” he said glaring at Woohyun who has already retraced his hands from Sunggyu’s collar.

 

The student looked around him and asked Sunggyu if he needed any help.

 

The intern thanked Jisung for asking but he didn’t needed any help nevertheless.

 

“So, what do you have to do right now?” Jisung asked.

 

“Nothing” the intern shrugged.

 

“Then what about following me to the PE class and watch me playing soccer” he offered with a giggle.

 

“Am I being invited to watch the school’s most handsome and excellent soccer player by the said person himself?” Sunggyu said surprisingly as he covered his lips with his long pink fingers.

 

The student nodded as he chuckled at Sunggyu’s remark.

 

Soon after, both of the student and the intern left the classroom towards the PE class.

 

 

Woohyun felt jealous of Jisung.. the kid was so lucky, he was handsome and he also can play sports.. Woohyun couldn’t be good at both... but on the other hand, Woohyun was so happy that Sunggyu had joined the kiss while ago, he was so happy that in a second he felt like running behind the intern and steal another kiss from him ..

 

Soon after, Woohyun remembered that he asked Sunggyu to date him but didn’t get any answer, he was so stupid about the kiss to insist for an answer nevertheless.. Woohyun hit his useless head, hitting his useless head was his habit..

 

 

 

Meanwhile, curious cat Jisung asked Sunggyu about what they were talking while ago. Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders and told the other that they talked about random stuff. The student pouted, he really wanted to know everything though..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu entered the classroom with Mr. Kim and greeted his student. Before staring his lesson, Daehan excused the intern to spare him few minutes of the lesson time to speak with the student. Sunggyu nodded and told him to take his time.

 

 “Thank you Sunggyu ah, it just I wanted to announce that there will be some changes in the class’s president and vice president because we have upcoming events and activities and I need some serious people for that, so who wants to be responsible of that?” Said Daehan while scanning the room with his eyes.

 

“Choose Park Jisung already” a student shouted out. Everyone agreed with her.

 

Mr. Kim looked at Jisung and asked him if he wants to be the class president.

 

Jisung shook his head and apologized to his teacher and friends saying that he wanted to focus more on his studies.

 

The students started blabbering that no one suits this rule more than Jisung, and they even begged their friend to accept it already..

 

Mr. Kim clapped his hands once or twice to grab his students’ attention to him as he advised them to visit his desk after class if they are interested in these two rules and register their name. He also added that the students with the most votes from both teachers and students are going to be chosen, other than that, he told them to forget about it for now and focus their attention on Sunggyu and the lesson.

 

 

While Sunggyu was giving his lesson, Woohyun was there on his desk overthinking about what their teacher has just announced. Woohyun admits that he wants to win over Jisung in everything, he wants to win Sunggyu, Jisung’s reputation in school, and he wants to be better than Jisung in everything because the other makes him jealous in so many ways.

 

Woohyun wants to register his name and nominate himself, but he knows for sure that no body is going to vote for him anyway. It’s not like he is dying to be the class president, he just wants to wins Sunggyu’s heart.. he wants to show Sunggyu that he is a kind kid, he is responsible of himself and that he’s trustworthy.. dating Sunggyu was his only goal nevertheless.

 

 

After the class, a student walked up to Mr. Kim and asked him about the voting period. Daehan had informed her that it will be only for a week starting from this day.

 

And that’s how Woohyun noted that he has no chance in this..

 

At recess, and when Woohyun has already made his mind, he sneaked to the teacher’s office instead of hitting the canteen with his friends. Woohyun bowed to his teachers as he walked to Daehan’s desk making everyone in the room wondering what he’s up to being so polite suddenly.

 

Woohyun bowed once again for his teacher “could you please register my name in?”

 

“And why do you want to become the class president?” Mr. Kim said with a chuckle.

 

“It’s the only thing I can do to raise my GPA at the moment” the student said with a shrug.

 

“Then why don’t you try to raise your marks?”

 

“It’s late for that” Woohyun laughed at his own remark making his teacher laugh as well.

 

“Ok then, I’ll add your name to the list” 

 

“Why? Is there anyone else on the list as well?”

 

“Not yet, it’s only you” Daehan stated as he examined Woohyun’s reaction, the student seemed nervous to him, so he asked him if he was worried about the voting.

 

“Nope, even if I didn’t make it, at least I have thought about it..” he paused and looked down at his entwined hands, thinking before speaking. Woohyun then mumbled “..thought about changing”

 

“You are changing already, and I’m so proud of you boy” Mr. Kim praised him.

 

Woohyun bowed and thanked his teacher before excusing him to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun walked into the canteen and grabbed a tray then started filling his plate with his favorites. Once he was done picking his lunch, Woohyun walked to his usual table and spotted Sunggyu and two of his classmates sitting there. He took a seat beside Sunggyu because that was the only seat available nevertheless, and started eating.

 

“Where were you?” Dongwoo asked the new comer.

 

Woohyun took a glance at Sunggyu and Jisung who were talking on their own, not minding his presence. Then he answered his friend that he went to the bathroom.

 

 

 

After a minute or two, Sunggyu finally noticed the presence of Woohyun.

 

“Woohyun-ah, where were you? I was just talking to the boys over there, and told them that we all should vote for Jisung starting from tomorrow. I mean, he deserves to be the class president don’t you think so?”

 

“Ehey, at least wait and see who’s on the list! Maybe I register my name, who knows” Dongwoo stated jokingly.

 

“Will you? Really?” Sunggyu’s tiny eyes widened in surprise.

 

Dongwoo shook his head and said “Nah, but that is the rule of voting”

 

“Anyway, I’m voting for Jisung. Woohyun-ah you should vote for him too!” The intern asserted.

 

“Why should l?” Woohyun said coldly.

 

“Because he is your friend!!” Sunggyu claimed.

 

“Are we?” Woohyun asked sillily before leaving the canteen.

 

The boys at the same table looked at Woohyun questionably, what’s with his sudden mood swings.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Jisung asked as he tilted his head in confusion.

 

“Because you two are too obvious! What acting skills you have?”  Dongwoo said putting his spoon down on table.

 

“But he looks fooled already” Sunggyu stated.

 

“Ah, I don’t know, I don’t know, but you two better stop this game already because he seemed that he was about to do something really bad” Dongwoo warned as he took his tray and left the canteen behind Woohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun felt really suffocated as he walked to the sports yard to smell some fresh air. How could they just be so lovey dovey at school? Woohyun hates it already, hates having feeling to that stupid cute hamster..

 

Woohyun shook these thoughts off his head as he sat on a bench to watch other students playing some sort of sports, he assumed its soccer.

 

Few minutes later, a student in a sport uniform sat beside Woohyun as he gulped down some cold water.

 

Woohyun didn’t really mind the presence of that student, he just continued watching the ball being thrown from side to side, thinking about nothing but how will he look in one of these uniforms..

 

The student glanced at Woohyun, he was amazed of Woohyun’s semi-muscular body, he must be good at sports he supposed.

 

“Wanna join us?” The student finally asked.

 

“Me? No, sorry but I haven’t play any sports in ages” Woohyun mumbled.

 

“Why? Is something wrong?” As far as he knows, Woohyun wouldn’t have such body without playing any sports.

 

“It’s just I can’t run, I had injured my leg before, so”

 

“Ah, so bad” the student mumbled. “Well you can still be the goal keeper?” He suggested.

 

“You know, I have never thought about it before.. can I join?” Woohyun asked excitedly.

 

“Of course!! Come on with me” the student said as he walked to the sports field with Woohyun following him suit.

 

 

 

 

Woohyun stood by the net and tried to prevent the ball from entering the net. He tried his best to jump from here to there, nevertheless he did well despite his school uniform which was so uncomfortable to play with.

 

 

While the boys were playing soccer, a group of girls was passing by the sports field when they spotted that student who was playing with his uniform. The girls found it really funny, he must be so stupid to play soccer with these clothes..

 

A girl from the same class as Woohyun tilted her head in confusion and asked her friends if that was Nam Woohyun.

 

“Oh, you are right, it’s him!” Her friend shouted surprisingly.

 

“He looks soo different, I would probably not be able to recognize him if he was in sports clothes” Woohyun classmate mumbled.

 

“Yeah, I have never seen him in sports shorts before” her friend said.

 

“I would love to see him in sports shorts!”

 

“Me too!!”

 

 

 

 

 

After a while, more girls has gathered around the sports field, watching that hot student in school uniform playing with the team. The girls were so amazed with how beautiful Woohyun’s smile was. The girls screamed and cheered the team, especially when Woohyun was blocking the ball from going inside the net..

 

 

 

 

After the match, the team walked to Woohyun and complemented him on his awesome skills. Both of Woohyun and the team had introduced themselves to each other. The team also told Woohyun that he should join them for the next game. Woohyun smiled and accepted their offer gladly.

 

And while Woohyun was drying his sweat, a group of girls walked up to him and offered him some cold drinks. Woohyun smiled, he accepted the drinks and thanked each one of them for their kindness.

 

Woohyun drank that cold drink as he looked around him.. he really missed this feeling, the feeling of acceptance, the feeling of belongingness, the feeling of being loved by someone.. Woohyun admits that no one ever hated him, or really cared about his presence. It was actually just him who locked himself away from people, and hated them for no reason.. the student admits that he enjoyed the game and that soccer might be his new hobby..

 

 

Few minutes later, the bell had rang, so Woohyun decided to go to the changing room and clean himself up.. unfortunately, he didn’t have any other clothes to change to, because he has never changed his clothes at school before nevertheless, he never plays sports or attends the swimming classes..

 

Woohyun looked at his pants and sighed, they were soaked in dirts. However, he smiled.. It’s the first time for him to feel like a real student.. Woohyun has never joined any school activities before, that’s why he was always a clean student with clean uniform.

 

 

A kid from the soccer team entered the changing room to change his clothes. He looked at Woohyun’s dirty uniform and offered him to wear his tracksuit.

 

“No no no, it’s fine. Thanks for offering” Woohyun smiled.

 

“Please accept it, I have my school uniform to change to, so take my tracksuit. Please.” The kid insisted.

 

Woohyun pouted because he really felt bad for taking someone else’s clothes, but accepted the tracksuit anyway.

 

“I will wash it and give it back to you!”

 

“No problem” the student smiled.

 

Woohyun changed his clothes to that tracksuit when the student left the room. He checked himself in the mirror and fixed his hair. Once he was done, he escaped the changing room to his classroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun was walking down the corridor when he saw Sunggyu with a pile of papers.

 

“Why are you in a tracksuit?” Sunggyu asked curiously.

 

“My uniform was dirty” Woohyun shrugged.

 

“Are you ok?” Sunggyu asked.

 

Woohyun nodded. He looked at the pile of paper and asked “what are you doing?”

 

“Ah, there are posters for the next music competition. There will be prizes for the students with talents in singing” the intern explained.

 

“So we must play instruments or are we supposed to sing” Woohyun asked.

 

“Both.”

 

“Are you in?” Sunggyu asked.

 

Woohyun shrugged, he was not sure if he should join or not.

 

“I think you should try” Sunggyu advised.

 

“Nah, I will never win” Woohyun mumbled.

 

“But why do I have the feeling that you are gonna do well?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Stupid, because your voice is so sweet” Sunggyu said with a smile.

 

Woohyun stared at the other smile, it was so ing beautiful. His lips were so ing kissable. Should he try that? Yes? No?