EIGHTEEN

DISCIPLINE

“Who’s it?” Said Sunggyu to the person behind the door. Honestly, the intern was nervous, the sound of the knocks on door reminded him of his very first day at this school. He remembered the time he was bullied by the naughty boy Nam Woohyun. He didn’t want the new student to get in troubles with Woohyun either, for a moment, he regretted letting the student to sit on that kiddo’s place..

 

 

On the other hand, the students had already confirmed the intern that woohyun was absent, but why he was so nervous, Sunggyu didn’t even know why he was thinking that the person by the door could be Nam Woohyun. It was impossible, Sunggyu couldn’t believe that thought. Woohyun would kick the door and barge in, so that must be someone else the intern supposed.. after all, Sunggyu must expect the unexpected when it comes to someone like woohyun, the kid was full of surprises.. Sunggyu mentally prayed that it isn’t woohyun.

 

 

Few seconds, and the door of the classroom was opened. Two old-in-age females who seemed to be cleaners bowed to the intern.

 

 

“The principal told us to bring extra desk for the new student” one of them said politely.

 

 

Sunggyu sighed in relief as he smiled to them. He signed the ladies to go in and do their work.

 

 

Once the ladies were done, Sunggyu made sure to thank them then carried on teaching the lesson.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The weekend passed by so quickly like a blink of an eye for Sunggyu. He was busy with his part time jobs as well as college work. It was Saturday already but Sunggyu was able to balance his schedule and finish everything on time.

 

 

 

 

 

Later that day, Woohyun was laying down on his couch doing nothing but thinking about Sunggyu. The latter didn’t leave his house for days because he felt guilty that he hurt Sunggyu again.. The intern didn’t leave Woohyun’s mind for a second, ever since he decided to stay home and not go to school, the intern was always in his mind. Woohyun thought about what the intern has been telling him before about changing himself.. Honestly, Woohyun was trying to change himself, he was trying very hard but again, he hurt Sunggyu the other day.. Woohyun couldn’t forgive himself for doing that. No. Woohyun shouldn’t try to forgive himself for hurting the intern. He doesn’t deserve any forgiveness..

 

 

 

Again, Woohyun can’t forgive Sunggyu for minding his business.. who was he to even speak about woohyun’s family? Woohyun was so irritated because of that.. he hated the intern for being like that.. but on the other hand, Woohyun felt so sensitive when anyone mentioned his parents. The boy thought that his parents might be the reason he is so aggressive and sensitive, but that was a weak reason.. if they really were the reason he is so grumpy like that, woohyun wouldn’t forgive himself for hurting Sunggyu for this stupid reason.. because of his stupid parents..

 

 

 

Woohyun checked his phone and decided to text Dongwoo first for Sunggyu’s number.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                     [if you tell Sunggyu that I asked for his phone

                                                     number then you will be dead!!!]

 

 

 

[OK! I won’t say anything!]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Who are you texting?” Said Sunggyu as he cleaned the table next to dongwoo’s table.

 

 

“Woohyuni!” The angel boy mumbled. “He asked for your number” he added.

 

 

“My number? Why?” He mumbled.

 

 

“I don’t know, but don’t tell him that I told you this!!” Dongwoo warned.

 

 

“I won’t!” The intern giggled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After few hours, Dongwoo excused himself and left home while Sunggyu stayed at the cafe to mop the floor before leaving home. And for honesty, Sunggyu has been waiting for a call from Woohyun ever since he heard from dongwoo that the latter asked for his phone number. Sunggyu was curious, he wanted to know why woohyun asked for his mobile number..

 

 

On the other hand, woohyun was hesitant whether to call the intern or not.. the boy wanted to apologize to Sunggyu, he thought about texting the intern but that would be so weird and embarrassing.. yet, woohyun couldn’t find the courage to call and apologize. He didn’t know what to do.

 

 

After about half an hour, Sunggyu took off his apron and returned it back into his locker. He grabbed his belongings and managed to leave the cafe when he received a phone call from a new number.

 

 

Sunggyu took his phone out and stared at the screen, that could be woohyun he supposed, so he rushed to answer the call, hoping to hear woohyun’s voice.

 

 

“Is this Kim Sunggyu?”

 

 

“Speaking?” Sunggyu answered the caller’s question.

 

 

“Your boyfriend is at Rusty Could Night Club.. he passed out after drinking two bottles, so may you come and get him?” The guy on the other side of the phone said.

 

 

“Wait.. what? I don’t have a boyfriend!”

 

 

The guy checked the phone he was holding again, he scratched his head and mumbled “then why there’s a heart emoji beside your name?”

 

 

“Listen sir, I don’t really know what you’re talking about-” Sunggyu mumbled, but after a moment of silence he asked again “-wait, is that Jang Dongwoo?” He stuttered, afraid to hear ‘Yes’ from the other..

 

 

“Who’s Jang Dongwoo? This is Nam Woohyun!” The guy answered.

 

 

His heart skipped a beat hearing the name of Nam Woohyun.. Sunggyu couldn’t understand why he had that weird feeling, yet he only supposed that he was nervous and didn’t know what to do in this situation, nothing more than that..

 

 

“Quickly come before he starts a fight!” The guy warned.

 

 

 

Other than the weird feeling he just had, sunggyu couldn’t believe that woohyun was drunk at a night club. That could be a prank or something, because how the hell he got in there anyway? He was minor, no one would get him in such places. Sunggyu didn’t understand this weird situation, he had to go and see himself..

 

 

 

The intern rushed out of the cafe and from that to the bus stop. He searched through the maps app about that club since he had a little experience with bars and stuff.. After he got on his bus, Sunggyu tried to call that number again because he was so worried about his student.. that guy might be lying to him, he might be a kidnapper and kidnap Sunggyu as well, or he could be a .. Sunggyu had a shiver running down his spine by just having such thoughts..

 

 

 

Sunggyu bite on his lip waiting for woohyun or even that guy to answer his call. He panicked when nobody answered the phone after three missing calls.. Sunggyu mentally prayed for the god to save Woohyun until he reaches there. If something bad happened to his student, Sunggyu would never forgive himself..

 

 

 

Once the bus came to his stop, Sunggyu jumped off his seat and rushed outside of the bus toward the club. He ran as fast as he could because he didn’t want anything bad to happen.. He had to check his phone from time to time to not lose his way which made him bump into some people, Sunggyu even tripped down and scratched his knee, but that didn’t stop him from rushing toward the club.

 

 

 

When he finally reached there, Sunggyu walked past the long waiting line towards the entrance, earring some people cursing at him for cutting the line.

 

 

Two giant guards in black suits stood in front of the intern, they looked down at him since they were so tall.

 

 

“Let me in” Said Sunggyu in a very cold voice.

 

 

“Hey kid, go back home, this place is not for you!” The tall guy said jokingly.

 

 

“LET. ME. IN!”

 

 

“Oh-wow cutie, calm down!” The other guard chuckled.

 

 

Sunggyu didn’t tire himself to say one more word to the two stupid giants standing in front of him. He took out his identity card and sticked it out in front of their faces.

 

 

The two men in black suits checked Sunggyu’s age from his ID, they laughed at first but then they informed Sunggyu that he should stand in the line.

 

 

“I didn’t come here to play and have fun, I came to take my younger brother and go. So, will you let me in or I call the cops?” Sunggyu warned.

 

 

“We will call the cops because you’re not following the rules!” The guy stated.

 

 

“Ok, go ahead and call” He teased.

 

 

“Yah, go and call Kihyun to deal with this kid!” the guy sent off his colleague to call their manager as he bowed to the people waiting in line and apologized for the delay.

 

 

Sunggyu checked his phone, he tried to call that number again, but there was no answer..

 

 

“What the hell is going on?” Kihyun, the manager scolded the guard who was standing by the entrance.

 

 

“This guy is refusing to standing in line sir..” he explained.

 

 

“Hey you little boy, how may I help you?” Said Kihyun. At least he was nicer than the other dudes.

 

 

“I’m not a little boy!” Sunggyu huffed.

 

 

“Ok, I apologize for that. Now, what do you want?”

 

 

 

“I got a call and the guy who spoke to me told me to come here to pick up my boyfriend.. now I don’t have a boyfriend and I’m not sure if this is real or just a prank.. but I don’t understand from where did that guy get my phone number, and how did he know my name.. more than that, he mentioned someone called Woohyun, and I’m not sure how did he know that I know someone with this name!” Sunggyu sighed, he took a deep breath to calm himself down..

 

 

“It was me who called you. Are you Kim Sunggyu?” The manager asked.

 

 

Sunggyu nodded. “Where’s Woohyun?” He asked worryingly.

 

 

“He’s safe, now don’t worry and follow me” The manager ordered as he headed inside the club.

 

 

Sunggyu obeyed and followed the other. Once he stepped in, Sunggyu looked around him and examined the place. He has never been to a night club before.

 

 

The place was soo crowded and the music was so loud. The walls were navy blue which was in Sunggyu’s opinion the only good thing about this place. There were around six lounges with maroon couches filled with people who wore fancy dresses and suits, and the glass tables in each lounge were holding up what-looked-like expensive bottles of wine and whiskey.

 

 

They walked through a dark corridor and the music started to become quieter and quieter. Sunggyu assumed that it was staff room due to the wall of lockers they were walking along with.

 

 

“Come in” The manager ordered.

 

 

Sunggyu was now in a new room. He looked around himself until he spotted the black hair boy sleeping on one of the couches.

 

 

“Woohyun ah..” he mumbled as he sat down beside the couch. Sunggyu covered his nose to stop himself from smelling the alcoholic scent coming from his student. It was so nasty.

 

 

“Are you his boyfriend?”

 

 

“No! But how could you let a minor to drink alcohol?” Sunggyu scolded.

 

 

“I apologize, but he pays a lot and we need money!” Kihyun explained.

 

 

“Huh, so stupid. You guys deserve to be in jail”

 

 

“Your boyfriend as well!” He chuckled.

 

 

“He is not my boyfriend!!!”

 

 

“Whatever, he punches my employees until they bleed so we have no other choice” the older of all shrugged.

 

 

“How long he has been here for?” Sunggyu asked.

 

 

“Maybe a year? He comes every other month so”

 

 

Sunggyu sighed. He watched woohyun who was sleeping peacefully. He didn’t know what to do with his student anymore. The intern didn’t want to get himself into more troubles but Nam Woohyun was the source of these troubles.. he has no other choice, this is his student, he must take care of him.

 

 

“This is my number, call me if you want to know more about your boyfriend” The manager passed out his business card to Sunggyu who frowned at him. “He already added a heart emoji beside your name in his phone!!”

 

 

“But he’s not my boyfriend! I’m straight!”

 

 

“He’s gay!”

 

 

“H..he’s what??”

 

 

“I have to get back to work now, call me whenever you want to know more!” Kihyun smirked as he left the room.

 

 

So woohyun was gay. Sunggyu never thought that his student would be gay, he didn’t even think that he might be straight as well, Sunggyu never really cared about the other’s ual orientations nevertheless. Sunggyu wasn’t even sure about his own..

 

 

Sunggyu sighed again. He tried to wake the drunk boy up by patting his shoulder but there was no use.. so he decided to carry him piggyback as that was the only way to get him out of this place.

 

 

The intern tried to make woohyun to sit up so that he can carry him on his back. He held his arm and sat him up slowly. The latter groaned, and Sunggyu looked at him with tears in his eyes. He sat between woohyun’s legs and wrapped the latter’s arms around his neck.

 

 

Woohyun hugged the warm body tightly as he drifted back to sleep.

 

 

Sunggyu sniffed. He held woohyun’s firm thighs and wrapped them around his tiny waist. The intern carried the drunk boy out of the night club and towards the street. Sunggyu waited for a minute or two until the next taxi drove by. He managed to wave his hand for the taxi driver to stop for him but failed upon the heavy weight he was carrying. However, the taxi driver noticed Sunggyu’s attempts to wave for him, so he stopped the car and sighed the intern to get in.

 

 

The intern bowed and opened the door to get woohyun in the taxi. He made sure to fasten his seatbelt.

 

 

Sunggyu felt a hard grip on his sleeve, it was Woohyun.. right, Sunggyu can’t leave the latter alone, he wanted to make sure that woohyun reaches home safely. So he hopped in the car and sat beside his student. 

 

 

“Woohyun ah.. where do you live?” Sunggyu asked softly.

 

 

Woohyun mumbled his address tiredly, and snuggled closer to Sunggyu.

 

 

The intern watched the sleeping kid with the corner of his eyes. He was so mad at Woohyun.

 

 

After like ten minutes, the taxi stopped by a large apartment complex. Sunggyu peaked outside the window. He was dazzled by the elegance of the place, were they even in the right place?

 

 

“Have we arrived yet?” the intern asked.

 

 

The taxi driver nodded his head and informed Sunggyu that he needs to pay him around $10.

 

 

“sure!” said Sunggyu as he took out his wallet.

 

 

The intern was still looking for a change when Woohyun let go of his arm. The kid took out some cash and handed it to the taxi driver. Luckily, it was exactly ten dollars so he didn't wait for any change, it just like Woohyun was used to pay this exact amount of money every time he used a taxi. Woohyun sniffed as he got off the taxi.

 

 

Sunggyu watched every move the latter made. How could he pay exactly what the taxi driver asked for without even opening his eyes? And now he was walking to his apartment with his eyes closed.. Sunggyu assumed that Woohyun was fully awake and that he can make it to his apartment without any issue since he already paid the taxi driver and he was now walking towards his house..

 

 

He was watching Woohyun walking clumsily when the kid tripped and leaned onto a street light to stop himself from falling on the ground. Sunggyu cursed to himself as he got off the taxi and rushed behind his student.

 

 

“Are you fine?” Said Sunggyu as he held Woohyun from the shin of his arm.

 

 

Woohyun looked up at Sunggyu and smiled tiredly before resting his heavy head on the other’s chest.

 

 

Sunggyu’s heart ached as it skipped another beat. Sunggyu has never seen a very beautiful smile like this one before. The intern admits that it was the first time he sees Woohyun’s smile. He didn’t even know that Woohyun had a beautiful dimple as well.. Sunggyu took a deep breath that he couldn’t remember how many seconds he was holding it for. Sunggyu looked down at woohyun as many thoughts crossed his head. The main concern was, what was this weird feeling in his chest.

 

 

The intern shook these thoughts away as he managed to carry woohyun on his back again. He walked through the entrance of the apartment which was as luxury as heaven, and from that he walked to the elevator.

 

 

Sunggyu didn’t know to where he was taking the kid. He has no idea where his student lives.

 

 

“Room number?” He asked.

 

 

“Fourth floor, 228” Woohyun mumbled in his sleep.

 

 

No more words said by the intern. Well, even if he had something to say, Sunggyu wouldn’t say it, Woohyun was drunk and sleeping so there was no use to educate the other now.

 

 

Sunggyu walked Woohyun to his room. As he was by the door, Sunggyu remembered about the keys.

 

 

“Give me your keys” Sunggyu ordered, but there was no answer from woohyun.

 

 

Sunggyu turned his head to check on woohyun who’s head was on the intern’s shoulder. Sunggyu blinked once or twice, their faces were only few centimeters apart.. the intern admits that Woohyun had a very handsome face, a very beautiful smile as well.. but he never showed that.. Sunggyu felt really bad for his student.

 

 

Woohyun never felt so comfortable in his sleep as he did now. Of course, he was hugging a very warm body he thought he never found warmer than that.. Just when he felt he was losing this warmth little by little, felt like he was sliding off this warm body, woohyun pulled himself closer by crawling back up and tightening his hug around the intern’s neck. Woohyun snuggled closer, buried his face in Sunggyu’s warm neck.

 

 

Sunggyu felt blood rushing to his face as red tinted his pale skin. He felt hot, suffocated. Sunggyu decided to search for Woohyun’s keys and get this kid to his bed as soon as possible..

 

 

The intern’s hand went searching for the keys. Sunggyu touched few areas around woohyun’s pocket but he couldn’t find the keys. His hand went up to his torso hoping that he could find them anywhere in woohyun’s jacket.

 

 

Woohyun suddenly giggled in Sunggyu’s ear, and for god seek that sudden giggle freaking the hell out of Sunggyu..

 

 

The intern assumed that woohyun was ticklish around that area, he smiled. Sunggyu’s smile turned into a smirk when he finally found the keys. He took them out and unlocked the door to woohyun’s house.

 

Once he stepped in, Sunggyu kicked off his shoes and looked around himself. This place was really no joke. The house was so luxury and elegant. Sunggyu supposed that Woohyun could be rich due to this huge house. The kitchen only was as big as Sunggyu’s house.. if woohyun wasn’t rich, he could be a drug dealer as Sunggyu supposed..

 

 

The intern found two doors on his left hand, he stared at the doors for few seconds not sure which door should he open first.. Sunggyu didn’t want to open the door to woohyun parent’s room, that would be soo embarrassing. He mentally prayed that it was Woohyun’s room as he placed his hand around the door knob. Twisting it slowly, Sunggyu opened the door to the bathroom.....

 

 

“Aw” Sunggyu mumbled as he decided to go for the second door. He opened it, it was a very cozy room and frankly no one was there. At the end of the day, Sunggyu thought it was obvious that woohyun lives by himself nevertheless..

 

 

The intern walked to the bed. He tried to lay Woohyun slowly down on bed, but he ended up being dragged down by woohyun who was hugging him too tight.

 

 

“Stay!” The drunk head whined.

 

 

“I have to go” the intern mumbled.

 

 

Woohyun shook his head in disagreement as he pulled Sunggyu closer. He made sure he was hugging that warm body tight to never lose the warmth.

 

 

Sunggyu sighed, he struggled at first as he tried to let go of woohyun but there was no use. Tiredness took over him as he drifted off to sleep beside his student..