TEN

DISCIPLINE

The next morning, Sunggyu managed to type his written work in his laptop since he had nothing to do nonetheless. He decided to take a shower to make him feel fresh for the rest of the day. After the warm shower, he dressed up in a plain white shirt and demin. He doesn't like to wear tight jeans, it makes him feel uncomfortable. He doesn't prefer dark colors of shirts either, he always buys white shirts and colored ones if available.

 

Once he approached his tiny kitchen, Sunggyu remembered his empty fridge. He needed to go to the supermarket and buy the groceries but that would take so long. He checked his wallet, the money that he had was enough to order his favorite breakfast from his favorite café besides buying the groceries. After fetching his backpack, he wore his shoes and headed out of his apartment.

 

As he walked to the café since it was two blocks away from his apartment, he got a phone call from his classmate, his best friend "Aayeong-ah" he smiled.

 

"Hi Sunggyu!" the girl on the other side of the phone said softly.

"It's been a long while, I missed you!" Sunggyu can't believe how one call from his best friend can make his day, he was so happy that she called. He felt lonely before Aayeong's call that he even thought of calling his mother and chat with her.

 

He has known his friend Aayeong for almost ten years, she was his friend ever since middle school, the closest friend to him. And since sunggyu feels awkward with strangers, he tends to sit alone rather than sit in a group of people and start a conversation. After all, he never wanted a friend other than Aayeong, and maybe Dongwoo..

 

When Sunggyu has arrived the café Aayeong decided to hang up and go to her class, she was an intern in a public school. He was done ordering his favorite cheese sandwich and iced Americano when he took his wallet out to pay. When he received his order he located his favorite place to sit and frankly it was empty. Once he settled down on his seat, he took out his laptop and started typing information into it while taking sips of his cold drink.

 

Sunggyu believes that keeping your work till the last day before submission would affect negatively on the quality of it. He thinks that taking your time working on your projects and stuff during the whole semester would never affect the quality of your work and would never stress you out. Somebody needs to believe in that..

 

It was about two hours later when Sunggyu finished typing everything into his laptop. He rubbed his tired eyes after looking at the laptop screen for a while. When he checked the time in his phone it was already twelve past ten in the noon. He has to go to the supermarket so he gets home before lunch time. 

 

He left the café heading towards the supermarket. The weather was cold that day and the wind was blowing, Sunggyu regrets not taking his jacket with him, he assumed it to be warmer when he looked from his window in the morning. He wrapped his arms around his torso to keep himself warm as he walked into the supermarket.

 

Sunggyu didn't take too long to find everything he needed, being organized was one of his characteristics, he always has a list of what to do or what to get. Once he stepped out of the store, he peered at the sky, the sun was bright on one hand, but he frowned when he saw gray clouds hovering over the town. He sighed and got on a bus.

 

 

 

 

 

Before Music class, Dongwoo stopped Mr. Kim to ask him about Sunggyu. The elder assured him that Sungkyu was fine and he just need some rest. Many thoughts crossed Dongwoo's head, Sunggyu seemed to be a careful student in his college, but why would he take a rest, there must be something wrong with him, he must be hurt somewhere. After all, students who got beaten up by Woohyun before would stop coming to school for at least one week.

 

Thinking of that reminded Dongwoo of his classmate who was beaten up by Woohyun because he talked loudly while the other was sleeping.

 

Dongwoo rushed to his classmate, Minsoo, he asked him how painful was it when he got beaten up by Woohyun. The latter shrugged and asked Dongwoo to mind his own business because Woohyun would not be happy when people are talking about him.

"So what if we talked about him? He always does bad things and make people talk about our class!! No body wants to be friends with us because Nam Woohyun is our classmate!!" Dongwoo was loud as always, he gathered some students around him because of his loud voice.

 

"You are right! That time I told my friend to bring my notebook which I forgot at her house the night before, when she came here, she kindly asked Woohyun to give it to me because she was running late for her class! He didn't bother himself to give me the notebook, instead, he threw it in the nearest trash bin!" She huffed as she continued "Let's talk to Mr. Kim. We don't want him in our class".

 

Everyone seemed to agree with her. Nobody likes Woohyun after all, not even his teachers, nobody wants to deal with him. He never respected people around him. Nobody knows why, but he never respected his classmates and other students at this school. Ever since he came to this school, he fought with many people, even if they were older than him, he would always be the one to win the fight. His personal space is dark, everyone knows that they must not cross it, even young students in the primary school.

 

"Woohyuni, why you're standing outside the classroom when you are supposed to be in your seat doing you work?" Woohyuni is a bit... to much to be said to someone like Woohyun, but Mr. Kim never cared actually, neither does Woohyun. don't ask why..

 

He didn't say any word, he just went inside and watched everyone swallowing their tongues while he was making his way to his desk. Mr. Kim followed suit.