ELEVEN

DISCIPLINE

Thursday morning, Sunggyu dressed up in long shorts and big tee shirt after he saw other teachers at school dressing up like this because the weather is becoming hotter and hotter. After he had breakfast he went to school and arrived on time. He saw a group of his students and greeted them before making his way to the teacher's office. After greeting the teachers in that office, he walked to Mr. Kim who welcomed him back and pulled a chair for him to sit.

 

"How are you now?" The elder asked worryingly.

 

"Better!"

 

"I told you to take more rest, why did you come to school today?"

 

"I am really fine Mr. Kim" Sunggyu wasn't sure why he decided to not skip school for two days. He didn't come to school because he loves teaching, probably not because of the school delicious lunch, and he's not there because Dongwoo forced him to come -but the student was so worried about the intern that he really forced Sunggyu to come to school to check on him-.. Sunggyu didn't come to school to see someone, he's still mad at him.. maybe not..

 

"As you like.. May I ask you why did you choose teaching?" Mr. Kim asked putting the book he was reading back into his desk drawer.

 

"First of all, I love kids, I love teaching them. And I also think that teaching is my thing, I used to make living out of teaching when I was young, I was explaining some Math lessons for my friends and I got paid for that". There were other reasons why Sunggyu chose this job, but he didn't want to share it with the other nevertheless.

"Woa Kim Sunggyu. I thought you would say 'I chose teaching because I can sleep when I go home' you seem to be lazy to do other jobs" he laughed.

 

"Not really, but I won't say you were wrong" he chuckled.

 

"Anyway, we don't have much work today, the students will continue working on the presentations of their work. We will be there to help them make it done, so by next class, they will start presenting their works" Mr. Kim continued on explaining what must be done, and what have been done while the latter was off school.

 

 

 

At lunch time, Dongwoo with a group of students came to the teacher's office looking for the intern. Mr. Kim excused them and told Sunggyu to go with the students. Dongwoo dragged the intern out of the teacher's office by his arm making the latter's eyes widening from the sudden movement.

 

"Let's go to the canteen, the kids are waiting" Dongwoo remarked as he took the lead to the canteen.

 

After filling their plates with something to eat, the students and the intern walked to where the other students were sitting and waiting impatiently for them.

 

Sunggyu had to admit that he took few glances around the canteen to check the presents of someone, and pouted when the person he was looking for wasn't around.

 

Dongwoo took a sip of his drink before making his second remark. "fist of all, how have you been doing?"

 

The intern nodded. He assured the students that he took enough rest and that he's totally fine. He also told them that it wasn't something serious, and that when he fainted the other day it was because he didn't have breakfast that morning. He didn't lie to them or something, he really didn't have breakfast that day, he just didn't wanted to reveal the whole truth and tell them that he didn't eat anything for two days before the incident happened.

 

"That Nam Woohyun must be kicked out of this school already" the student sitting across of Dongwoo huffed. She looked irritated.

 

"Yeah, does the principal loves him or something? He never discipline him for the bad things he does to students" Another student added.

 

"This is unacceptable! How can he hurt a teacher and never be grounded? My mom will get angry if she knows about this" Someone remarked.

 

"If you just let us tell the truth to the principal.."

 

"Enough!" The intern who was having his lunch while listening to the nagging students on the table now slammed his spoon down to the table. "Told you I don't want anything between us to be told to someone else. It was my fault. This won't happen again so please forget it". Sunggyu took his tray and returned it back. He was walking out when he faced Woohyun who just entered the canteen but he didn't make any eye contact with the student.

 

Woohyun noticed Sunggyu's cold gaze. He wasn't expecting the intern to smile at him or greet him anyway, so he kicked these thoughts out and walked to the buffet to fill his empty stomach. Once he filled his plate with his favorites, he grabbed a bottle of water and strolled to his usual seat.

 

A student from the same table as Dongwoo huffed when Woohyun passed by their table "Look at him, how could he have the guts to eat after hurting people" She stated.

 

Woohyun got irritated hearing the other students laughing at that remark. They don't know anything about him. How could they judge him? Woohyun hates that.