006: Another Reason To Dislike You

Go Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Byul! Happy birthday to you!" 

Byul turned to the other side of her bed. Her mom had barged into her room just a minute before. "Sweetie, get out of bed." Byul shook her head, "It's Saturday, can't you just let me sleep in?" Mrs. Go chuckled, "It's already ten o'clock, plus your pancakes are getting cold." That got her up. Byul practically jumped out of her bed. 

The both of them walked into the kitchen. Byul picked her fork up and began digging in. "Look at our little girl," Mr. Go said as he looked over the top of his newspaper. "already fourteen." He said wistfully. It's funny how when you're little, and everyone says stuff like that to you, you think it's annoying. Probably because at that age you can't wait to grow up. But with every passing year Byul's started to understand why her parents seem borderline sad as their kids age. It's funny how time passes faster when you wish it would slow down.

Mr. Go looked over at his wife, "Have you told her about you know what?" This piqued Byul's curiosity. "What's what?" She asked. Mrs. Go pressed her lips as she took her seat, "Well, you need to get ready after breakfast because," her mom took a deep breath before speaking, "Jungkook is going to take you out to get ice cream." Her words were barely audible due to the speed of which she spoke. Byul chuckled, "I thought I heard Jungkook, taking ,you, ice cream, in there somewhere, but there's no way that's right." The laugh wore off when she noticed the smile on her mother's face. "Be ready by eleven-fifteen." Before Byul could protest, her mother was already speed walking out of the kitchen.

~

After breakfast, Byul had lost all will to do anything. But her mother told her if she didn't get ready the party would be canceled. Byul mumbled as she grabbed her clothes--a pair of ripped blue jeans with a white square necked t-shirt tucked in, paired with an oversized black jacket--even then she moved like a snail while doing so. When she was finally done, she winked at herself in the mirror. Before she could even turn from the mirror, a far off voice sounded. 

"Trying to look good for our ice cream date?" The dang window!  Byul walked up to the window, putting her hands on the glass, "One, it's no date, two, I'm only going cause you owe me ice cream!" She huffed, slamming the window shut. A smirk made its way onto Jungkook's face before he softly closed his own window.

"Who does he think he is? He's so conceited, somehow he made a day about me into a day full of him!" She hissed as she walked down the staircase. When she reached the front hallway her head absentmindedly whipped around--expecting to see someone. But to her dismay, though not surprising, everyone had already left. When Byul went to open her front door, she came face to face with a note. She didn't even bother reading it, it was probably just going to say how they all went to the cafe. That was the way Saturdays usually went, but she thought that this special day might have been treated as such, special. But perhaps that was her own conceitedness taking over. 

~

 

Jungkook opened the door to the ice cream parlor, "What flavor do you want?" He asked, grabbing his wallet from his back pocket. Byul hummed as her eyes scanned the list of flavors. "Chocolate." Jungkook nodded as they went up to order. 
The whole walk here had been rather awkward in her opinion, though if someone were to ask Jungkook he'd say it was a comfortable silence. Usually they'd just ignore one another, it wasn't ever too awkward, just unenjoyable. But this time, Byul's mind kept going to Momo. Byul hadn't really talked to either of them, it was unfortunate that she'd even witnessed the practical end of their friendship. 

And in all honesty, she wasn't sure if she should bring it up. Or if she should even tell Momo that she was there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter