008: You're on, Jungkook!

Go Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Over a month had passed since Jungkook gave Byul that walkie talkie. October would be coming to an end soon, which meant the holiday season had basically already begun. 

As for Byul and Jungkook's friendship. They had started talking more since she was gifted the walkie talkie--after all they're really just five year olds trapped in fourteen year olds bodies. It was kind of weird for Byul to see years of distaste towards Jungkook had started to fade away as they started to understand one another. If Byul had been able to put the pettiness and anger aside sooner, she might even say that her and Jungkook would have been close a long time ago. But there isn't really a way to tell if her haunch is true or not. 

Byul was currently sitting on her bed, texting Sana on this wonderful Saturday morning, when the walkie talkie on her desk started to make noise. "Anyone there?" The staticky voice spoke. The side of her lips curved up as she grabbed the walkie talkie, "No." She delivered the one line with such seriousness she thought she could be an actress...not. 
"So funny," Jungkook said, she could practically see his eye roll, "come to the window." He instructed. Byul grumbled but did as instructed. She dragged her chair over to the window before opening it and taking a seat. 
"What do you want?" She asked, slightly annoyed that she had to move. "Want to go to the park?" He asked, she could hear the bit of excitement in his voice. Byul rolled her eyes, "Seriously Jungkook? We're fourteen years old...with that being said, race you!" She threw the walkie onto her bed before darting out of the room. Byul almost yelled that she was off, but then she remembered that the house was once again empty. So she just continued running. 

When she got outside, she ran past Jungkook's house as fast as she could. As she did so, she heard his front door open and slam shut.

 

"This isn't fair, you got a head start!" Jungkook huffed as they came to a stop in front of the playground. 
"Oh grow up, I won fair and square." She boosted, technically she did get a head start, but she preferred to say she used the element of surprise to her advantage and Jungkook's tiny brain couldn't process that. 
"You're such a sore winner," he rolled his eyes at her smile. Byul just scoffed, his attitude would not bring her down, this was the first time she'd beaten him in a race. Jungkook seemed to also want a change of subject, "Let's swin-" he abruptly stopped speaking. Byul followed were his gaze was glued. As soon as she did,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter