025: A Birthday To Remember...

Go Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

September 3rd...

"Byul!"  Taehyung and Jimin yelled as she joined them at the lunch table. Today was their official first day back to school, they were now in their third year. 
They all seemed to notice her tired expression, "Wow, had a rough day so far?" Taehyung asked. 

Byul sighed, "Three freshmen asked me out." Byul said uncomfortable. 

"Three!" The boys yelled--Jungkook being the loudest. 

Byul crossed her arms, "Why do you sound so surprised?" She questioned, slightly offended. 

"Three's a lot, Byul." Jimin said. 

"Yeah, but still you shouldn't act so surprised." Byul told him, Jimin eventually put his hands in the air in surrender.  Byul shook her head at them, before changing the topic. "So, how's your guy's day going?" Jimin and Taehyung both gave a small nod while saying 'good', but Jungkook seemed to have more to say. 

"Same senior said I was cute."  He said. Byul felt a cloudy feeling take over her chest, but tried to push it away. "Yah, Byul are you zoning out on me?" Jungkook asked, noticing a distracted look in her eyes. 

Byul shook her head defensively, "No!" 

"Then why does your face look so distant?" Byul could hear Jimin giggling in the background, and Taehyung slapping the back of his head. 

"I don't know, sometimes my face just looks like that!" She defended herself, "What's the girls name?" She put the conversation back on track. The name that left Jungkook's mouth made Byul balk, "The Kim Jisoo?" She asked in shock. Jisoo was a very, very, well known senior. "What did you say to her?" Byul asked, silently begging for the feeling of discomfort to leave. 

"I said thanks," Jungkook hesitated slightly, "I also said she was pretty."

Byul bit down on her bottom lip, she tried to keep her voice steady as she spoke next, "And?" She wasn't going to overreact until she knew the whole story, just because Jungkook complemented someone doesn't mean she had to be all jealous. Byul wasn't usually the jealous type. 

''She said we should hang out, but I told her I wasn't interested." Jungkook said before taking a bite of his food. 

Byul didn't trust herself to speak, she had a feeling her voice would sound way too relieved. Luckily, Jimin said what she'd been thinking, "Why?" He knew why. 

"She's just not my type." 

That made Byul look at him funny, "You mean Beautiful, talented, nice girls aren't your type?" She asked, clearly skeptical. 

Jungkook shook his head, making eye contact with her, "No, my types more..." he trailed off for a moment, "breathtaking, funny, and amazing girls." He didn't even blink as he said it, which made Byul blush from just how strong his gaze was. Luckily, Taehyung saved her by taking Jungkook's attention. 

"What kind of drama am I watching right now?" He asked, standing up, "I'm going to class." Byul also stood up frantically. She muttered 'I'll join you' under her breath.

Jungkook chuckled to himself as he watched her walk off. Jimin cocked an eyebrow, "Seems someones getting more daring~" He teased. Jungkook shrugged, 

"I've liked her for two years, of course I'm getting tired of not showing it." He smiled, "But, I only have to wait a week before I won't have to hold back at all." Jungkook seemed to remember something at that. "Oh yeah, we changed the party to where it is on her birthday." Which is a few days after his. Jimin nodded. 

"Okay, I'll let Taehyung know." 

~~~

D-Day (B-Day)

 

"A little higher!" He instructed Jisung, who was helping him set up the decorations. The party was being held at Jungkook's house. Jungkook tapped his foot as he watched everyone around him do as he instructed. 

Dahyun passed by him with a sigh, "You're acting like an idiot." She muttered. Jungkook was about to retort, but his mom cut him off. 

She anxiously walked over, "Honey, Byul's mom just texted saying that Byul was heading over here!" Jungkook just waved it off. 

"Don't worry, I have people to distract her until the party starts." He knew Byul would be impatient and try to come and sneak a peak before she was supposed to. 

~

Byul paused at the sight in front of her. "Byul!" Jimin greeted from his spot on her driveway--Taehyung sat beside him. 

"Hey..." She said uncertainty as they both stumbled to their feet. 

"Guess who's here to take you to lunch?" Taehyung asked. 

Byul looked between them, "You two?" She guessed. They both nodded happily, Taehyung walking over and slinging an arm around her shoulder. 

"Mmmhuh! It's orders from headquarters, so you can't back out." He insisted. Jimin stood right beside her as well, as if he were ready to stop her if she tried to ditch them. 
~~
"Guys, why am I here?" Byul asked the two clowns, (Jimin and Taehyung) who were stuffing their faces. 

"What do you mean?" Jimin asked, "We just wanted to take our friend-" he pointed at her, "out for some lunch on her special day." Byul raised an eyebrow, it wasn't unbelievable; but they'd never taken her out before.

"Is that so? Listen, I know you guys are just trying to distract me until the party." It wasn't that hard to figure out, after all, Jungkook had been extremely tight lipped about the whole thing. "But, shouldn't I be able to see the party set up?" She was growing more and more curious by the second. "And I know it's going to sound stupid, but usually Jungkook and I go out to lunch together...it feels kind of sad to break that tradition just because of a party." Maybe she should have kept that bit to herself, because now she had to deal with their embarrassing reactions. 

"Oh, young couples, always trying to spend time together." Taehyung shook his head. Byul almost spat the bite of food she'd just taken out.

"Why does e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter