016: What Was That About?

Go Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The ringing noise coming from her bedside table irked her awake. 

Yet again Byul's alarm clock succeeded at waking her up. She blindly looked for her phone, refusing to open her eyes until it was in hand. The first thing to greet her was a text notification. 

Sent by: Kookie Boi

School's canceled, snow day. 

Byul jumped up to look out of her window, and sure enough, the grass was completely covered with snow. More was continuing to be added on top. It looked like it had been snowing all night. March had just begun, Byul wasn't sure how many more snow days like this there would be. That's why she headed for the staircase right away. As soon as she got to the front door, her mothers voice echoed from the kitchen. 

"Come and eat before going out!" Mrs. Go yelled, it felt like she was talking to a child. Byul sighed, but obeyed. 

"When are you and dad leaving?" She asked as she took a seat at the table. Her parents had a meeting to attend in Seoul, which is part of the reason why Corin and Byul decided to have their sleepover this weekend. 

"We have to leave in an hour." Her dad said, his laptop was covering his face as he read through emails. That was his usual morning routine when he had the time, on other days he'd read all his emails at work. Mrs. Go sat a plate of Frenchtoast in front of her daughter. 

"Eat up, I'm going to go make sure I have everything together." Byul thanked her mom as she watched her walk off. 

~

"Bye!" All the Go kids waved as their parents backed out of the driveway. As soon as they were out of sight, Byul ran to change into proper snow clothes. After getting numerous layers on, she decided to be a good sister and offer to pick her brother up something from the cafe. 

"I'm going to Mr. Kim's Cafe, do you guys want anything?"

"No." Jisung said.  "No thanks, be careful." Minsung said, looking away from his video games for a split second. 

Byul walked out of the front door. Their town has two big cafes, one called Mr. Kim's, which was everything coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, then there was the bigger one which her parents owned. They had everything from black coffee, and muffins, to bubble tea and specialty tarts. Despite being the daughter of cafe owners, she preferred to go to Mr. Kim's. 

She was about to begin the somewhat long walk, when the sound of her name distracted her. "Byul!" 

Byul looked behind her to see Cheol, "Oh, hey." She said once he came to a stop in front of her. "I was about to go to Mr. Kim's cafe, you wanna come?" He looked a little surprised by her invite, even though he had been living next door for a month now, him and Byul had had very few conversations compared to him and the others. 

"I was actually heading there too, should I go get the others?" He asked. Byul nodded. 

She watched as he ran inside. The sound of her phone ringing made her stop blowing hot air into her palms. Her hand reached into her pocket, when she took it out Jungkook's caller ID was on the screen. "Hello?" 

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked. 

"I'm about to go to get coffee with the Soo's...do you want to come?" 

A beep from the other side signaled he had hung up. Byul scoffed as she slipped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter