011: One Less Lonely Girl

Go Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Byul took a seat at her vanity, mentally preparing herself to do her hair. She never liked messing with the 'rats nest', as she and her friends called it. But today was a special day, which made her a wee bit more excited. The cold December hair was coming in through her window. It would usually be too cold, but the straightener by her head made her warmer than usual, thus making the window nicer than usual. Byul was still a bit shocked that she'd be going to a dance with Baekhyun, even though he assured her multiple times that it was just as friends, she couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable. But she chose to look past her own discomfort, after all tonight was supposed to be fun. 

After her hair and makeup were finally done, she began shutting the window. That's when it hit her. She could rarely go this long with having the window open, without some sort of noise from Jungkook. This was just another oddity to add to the list. That mental list has been growing quite a bit, but Jungkook is a weird kid, so it was to be expected. 

~~

When Byul walked into the gym, she immediately scanned the room for anyone she knew. Taehyung was the first one she noticed, then right beside him she saw Jungkook. Jungkook was wearing a pair of black slacks and a white dress shirt tucked in. He even had a black belt, though his shoes were just sneakers. Even in her eyes, he looked more dashing than usual. A small smile crept onto her lips as she began walking towards them. Only the feeling of someone grabbing her wrist stopped her. Her eyes flicked up and landed on Baekhyun. "Sup, buddy." 

Baekhyun smiled, "Nothing much, you clean up nicely, pal." he threw her friendly greeting back at her. It surprised Byul that that wasn't uncomfortable to her, she imagined actually seeing him here to be a bit odd. Any discomfort between them vanished as they both chuckled. "I-" just when she was about to talk, someone on stage interrupted her. Byul looked at the stage and immediately recognized the giant boy, he was named Soobin and he was a first year just like her.
"How'd he get stuck doing that?" Byul whispered to Baekhyun, who just shrugged, 
"No idea." The job of an MC usually wasn't given to first years. 

"Hello, since I'm being forced to do this, let's go ahead and get it over with." A few girls giggled at his blunt, yet joking tone. "We have a DJ who's taking requests, but you have to write them on the sheet of paper beside him." He paused, "Oh, and we have the snacks and drinks over there, I suggest getting them quickly since some students are already camping out." He chuckled, which sent the girls into another fit of giggles, this time Byul was one of them. What can she say? "We have a little dance competition going on later. With that being said, have fun and don't do anything stupid." Soobin looked over to where Mr. Kim was standing. The teacher nodded, indicating that Soobin had said everything he was supposed to. As Soobin got off stage, Byul felt a pair of eyes on her. 

"What?" She asked Baekhyun, who was just shaking his head at her. 
"We're here together but you're giggling over that giant?" Byul laughed, "We're here as friends, and you can't blame me, he's adorable." Baekhyun just playfully rolled his eyes. "Let's go sit with Jungkook and them?" Baekhyun nodded and walked over with her. 

 

"Sup?" Byul asked as she took the seat beside Jungkook, Baekhyun was to her right. Jungkook glanced at her passively and mumbled a 'nothing much' before turning his head to Taehyung. Byul looked at Taehyung, mouthing, "Who spit in his punch?" Taehyung shrugge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter