009: What A Dummy

Go Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Age fifteen. Three years ago...

"Happy birthday tooo you~" Jungkook made his voice crack as he sang. It had already been a year, during said year, Byul and Jungkook's friendship had blossomed into something she couldn't picture her life without. It was crazy how she had become closer to him than she was to Dahyun. But that also came with the fact that Dahyun was now sixteen and in her first relationship. "Happy birthday, dear Byulie, happy birthday to youuu!" Byul smiled as the staticky walkie talkie stopped making noise. 

"Wooo!" Byul cheered, she knew Jungkook could actually sing and the horrid thing his voice box just produced was a joke. It was currently midnight, Jungkook had insisted that he be the first one to tell her happy birthday. "I know, it was great." He humored himself. 

Byul rolled his eyes, "Whatever, I'm going to bed I have to get up early to get breakfast with Sana and Momo tomorrow..." Byul trailed off, "thank you, Jungkook and good night."
"Good night," he smiled. They both closed their windows, Byul wasted no time in snuggling into her sheets. 

Fifteen...bring it on.

~~

Fifteen take it back!! Byul had only been fifteen for a short two months, and she was already completely over it. She looked at the boy standing in front of her who had just poured his heart out to her, he was a taller boy named Yixing. 
"I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way." She gave the most generic reply she could, hoping that it wouldn't hurt him in any way. The boy just told her it was okay and left. He really did seem like a sweetheart...she pouted to herself. 

~

"Whyyyy!? That's the second person who's confessed to me! I don't understand whyyy!" She felt like throwing something as she told Jungkook what had happened while they walked home from school. Their first year of high school had started a few days after her birthday. Jungkook gave her a sympathetic pat on the back, "Probably cause you hit a glow up." He told her. Byul scrunched her nose, "I think I look the same as I always have, a bit older, but not much different." She pondered his words. Jungkook rolled his eyes, "I mean this is the most friendship-ish way, but you've definitely gotten prettier over the past couple months." Jungkook coughed after he spoke. 

Byul smiled, "Oh shucks~" She laughed. She could see her house now."Do you want to come over for dinner tonight, you and Jisung." Jungkook asked. Minsung was out, and her parents would be at work till late restocking the store and such. 

"Hmm, I'll ask Jisung and let you know! By-" Byul stopped when she suddenly got pulled back. She looked down and saw Jungkook's hand on her wrist. "What?" She asked. He looked at her a second before letting go, "Nothing, let me know." She nodded, watching him jog into his house. "Odd kid." She mumbled before going to her own house. 

"Jisung! I'm home!" She waited a moment, but no reply came. She shrugged before walking to her room and throwing on a pair of shorts and an oversized hoodie. Sure it was only in the thirties outside, but her house was nice and warm. When she was done she checked Jisung's room. When she saw it empty, the only other place he could be, came to her mind. 
She hurriedly ran up the stairs that lead to the attic. She hadn't been up there in ages, ever since Jisung decided to remodel it--with the help of their father of course--"I'm coming in!" she yelled, as she entered the room. Just as expected, he was in there. 

"Oh look who it is, little miss 'rejects everyone'." Byul's eyebrows furrowed, "Huh?" She hadn't told him about Yixing, so she had no idea how he'd known. "Yixing," Jisung stated, "he's one of the dudes I play soccer with." That took Byul by surprise, she didn't think Jisung would know him since Yixing was in her grade. "Is he upse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter