007: Ignoring Instead of Annoying

Go Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A little over a week had already passed since Byul's birthday. It was now Monday, a day that started with Byul tapping her foot on the ground as she waited to see any of her friends at the school's entrance. Usually Byul would go to school with one of her neighbors, but today her parents had dropped her off. Her eyes finally moved from her feet back up to in front of her, right away her eyes landed on Jungkook, he immediately averted his eyes. And for the first time, instead of annoyance being the first thing to fill her, it was curiosity. 

In all honesty, she would have gone up to him and questioned him--it wasn't the first time he had done this, it had actually been happening since her birthday--but luckily, she saw Dahyun right behind him. Byul walked up to them, and Jungkook seemingly disappeared to somewhere else. "Dahyunie!" Byul smiled as she locked her arms with the other girl. "Byulie!" Dahyun returned the greeting. Byul troubled her bottom lip for a few seconds, Ah whatever! 

"Dahyun, why does your stupid brother keep avoiding me." It was Byul's job to do that. Dahyun shrugged, "Probably because he feels guilty." Byul's head tilted to the side, "For what?" There were so many possible answers. "Ditching your birthday party, I assume." His sister just shrugged. Byul blinked, now that she was thinking about it, she did realize the lack of Jungkook-ness. Only briefly, she just figured it was because Momo was there. "Are you not mad about it?" Dahyun asked, noticing Byul's blank expression. Byul shook her head. 

Why would she have a right to be upset? Her and Jungkook weren't close, and she'd already hung out with him earlier on. If you pictured it like this; Byul and Jungkook are those relatives that only show up on Christmas so they can get presents...but replace relatives with neighbors, and Christmas with birthdays. Two days a year doesn't make them any closer, and it doesn't suddenly mean they will be around for one another. But maybe that was just Byul's perspective, she hadn't spoken with Jungkook about that subject. As far as she was concerned, they were just neighbors, so why does he feel so bad about missing her birthday? Maybe she should bring it up to him, maybe...

"You should tell him you don't care then." Dahyun said. "He's been moping around ever since he was rejected, the birthday party guilt is only making it worse." For some reason the news that Dahyun knew about the rejection surprised her. She didn't think Jungkook was the type to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter