Chapter 39

Strictly No Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 39

 

It’s another day of practicing for the twelve girls. They had been working hard preparing for their upcoming online concert, spending time in the practice room from morning till evening. There are a lot of new songs and unit stages that they will showcase to the fans during the two days’ concert. They were all tired but, being with each other made it all less tedious and stressful.

Eunbi was watching the girls from the corner of the room, as she was wiping the sweat on her forehead.

Her lips curled up.

That’s how it feels like each day with the girls, she thought.

Each day is so fun with them. She saw Yuri and Yujin were both crowding Nako, bothering her with food and their nonsense jokes. The young Japanese girl had just heard the news about her grandmother’s passing 2 days ago, and the members had been extra attentive to her ever since. They wouldn’t leave her alone.

Especially Sakura.

Eunbi noticed how Sakura kept staying close to Nako, watching over her and make sure she’s never alone. Maybe she didn’t do it so obviously like how the others, being the tsun she is, but Eunbi knows her girlfriend cares about Nako the most.

They’re just like real sisters.

Eunbi bit her cheek. Trying to control her emotions.

It’s hard for her to believe that this will all ends soon.

She won’t be seeing them like this anymore.

Suddenly she saw Chaeyeon walking towards her. And she quickly smiled at her.

“What is it, Chaeyeon-ah?” she asked.

The dancer bit her bottom lip, hesitating. After a few gulps she looked at Eunbi.

“Unnie, have you… heard anything from your agency?”

The leader raised an eyebrow, “About what?”

“You know, our contract extension. Is it going to happen… or not?”

Eunbi looked at the younger girl, speechless. Suddenly felt dry.

“The representative from WM called and said that suddenly the companies can’t come to an agreement. At the rate we’re going, it looks like we’re really going to disband…” Chaeyeon added with hushed voices.

Eunbi sighed, “Chaeyeon-ah...”

Chaeyeon creased her eyebrows, “We’re just 2 weeks away from the concert but they haven’t finalized the decision for our group. Unnie, I’m worried.”

Eunbi nods, “I know.”

“The fans are all hoping for good news, and we’re here… just acting like nothing happened. The members acted like they’re okay, but… I know they’re all just pretending. They’re not okay,” Chaeyeon adds.

Chaeyeon bit her lip and sighed, “Nako’s grandmother just passed away, and she can’t even go back and visit her. Because we’re in limbo like this… I feel so helpless, unnie.”

Eunbi gulped.

“After this concert ends, we have nothing else in our group schedule. Is this really the end? Or not?”

The leader reached for Chaeyeon’s arms and squeezed her gently.

“I’m worried too. But, the decision is not in our hands. The only thing we can do is… do our best for the concert while waiting for the announcement.”

“Chaeyeon-ah, we have to stay calm and composed, for the younger members, you know?” Eunbi added.

Chaeyeon nodded slowly, “Okay, unnie…”

“What are you guys doing here, alone?” asked a voice suddenly.

Sakura appeared from the corridor, walking towards them suspiciously.

Eunbi saw her and forced a smile, “Oh Kkura-ya.”

“Why? Are you worried seeing me alone with Chaeyeon? Jealous?” she teased.

Sakura scoffed, “Jealous? What do you take me for, unnie? I’m very… m-mature, you know!”

Chaeyeon snorted, “She’s jealous.”

Suddenly she put an arm around Eunbi’s shoulder, pulling her close. Eunbi laughed at Chaeyeon’s attempt to annoy her best friend, but still she plays along. She put an arm around Chaeyeon’s waist.

Sakura’s face had turned red, and she cleared .

“You think that would annoy me? I trust Eunbi unnie! I’m not affected in the slightest!”

“Oh yeah? What if I kiss Eunbi unnie?” Chaeyeon taunts her. She turned to the leader’s cheek, inching closer.

Sakura gulped, “Chaeyeon, wait-

Eunbi broke out laughing before Chaeyeon’s lips reached her cheek.

She pushed her playfully, “Enough you two!”

Chaeyeon grinned, “I told you she’s jealous!”

“I’m not! I-I know you’re just teasing me!” Sakura retorted.

Suddenly Eunbi grabbed Chaeyeon’s cheek and kissed her. Chaeyeon’s eyes widen in shock, “Omo.”

Sakura’s jaw dropped, “U-Unnie…

Eunbi smirked and leaned forward to her face. She put her hand on her cheek, covering what she’s about to do. Sakura froze as she was giving her a quick peck on her lips.

Chaeyeon gasped, “Omo!”

“Are we good now?” Eunbi asked.

Sakura nodded without saying a word. Her cheeks felt hot and she’s sure her ears are red. She can’t believe Eunbi just kissed her, in the middle of the practice room.

She grabbed Sakura’s hand and smiled at her.

“Let’s go back to practice, Kkura. You still have to work on your dancing.”

“W-What? But I did so well earlier! Unnie, you saw me!”

Eunbi chuckled, “Let’s just go, Kkura.”

 

 

**

 

It was already past 10 o’clock at night and the girls were resting in their dorms. They were given a day to rest, so most of them are staying up late. Like Hyewon and Yena who managed to rope in Sakura as well to play games with them. The three of them are cramming in Hyewon/Eunbi’s room to play LOL. Minju and Chaewon are watching movies together in Minju’s room with their door locked.

That leaves Eunbi and Yujin hanging out in the living room. Fiddling with their phones. Eunbi was lying down on the sofa, browsing for late night snack. Her stomach had already growled twice.

“Just eat something if you’re hungry, unnie. Your stomach is noisy,” Yujin said, annoyed.

“Yujin-ah, don’t you feel hungry? Let’s eat with unnie.”

Yujin raised an eyebrow, “I just had ramyun. I offered it to you earlier but you refused it.”

“I don’t want ramyun. It makes me bloat in the morning.”

“Then what do you want, unnie?”

“I want to order Sannakji. Share it with me, Yujin-ah, I can’t finish it alone.”

Yujin made a disgusted face, “I don’t like sannakji! Eat it with your girlfriend! She’s the only one who likes it as much as you do!”

Eunbi smiled sheepishly, “Oh yes, I forgot that my baby is here.”

Yujin noticed her smile and she scoffed, “I know that everyone in our group knows that you guys are dating, but can you tone it down a little?”

Eunbi sat up and looked at Yujin, “What is that supposed to mean??”

The teenager rolled her eyes, “I saw what happened at the practice room today.”

Eunbi gulped, “W-What? Nothing happened!”

“Yeah nothing happened, just your lips meeting her lips…”

The leader’s face turned red, “That wasn’t what happened! I was just-

“Just what?”

Eunbi broke a sweat, “J-Just, helping her, you know… wetting her lips because it was too dry…”

Yujin chuckled, “Helping her wet her lips? Seriously? Do you think I’m 5?”

Suddenly Eunbi stood up, “I did help her with that, you want me to help you too, Yujin-ah? Your lips do seem a little dry…

The teenager gulped.

“No. Unnie, I’m good.”

Eunbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter