Chapter 18

Strictly No Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you cheating on me, Sakura?! How could you?!” asked Eunbi, furious.

Sakura looked at the girl she loves, whose face had turned red from anger. She shook her head vigorously as she stepped closer to her.

“No unnie! I’m not cheating on you! This is a misunderstanding!”

Naachan looked at the two of them, confused.

“What are you guys talking about? Are you two fighting? Isn’t that izone leader?”

Eunbi was gritting her teeth but soon curled down into a frown. Her eyes were getting misty with tears as she kept her gaze on her Japanese girlfriend.

“Unnie, trust me, this is not what it looks like…” Sakura said, pleading.

Naachan walked to Sakura and touched her shoulder, “Saku-chan, what is going on?”

Sakura flinched on her touch and touched her hand to push it away.

“I will explain to you later, Naachan…”

Eunbi saw them touching and she looked away.

“I don’t care anymore,” she muttered.

“U-Unnie, listen-

But Eunbi had already turned around and left the room.

“Eunbi unnie, wait!”

Sakura tried to leave but a grip on her arm stopped her.

“Saku-chan, tell me what is going on? Why is she so angry? Did she think that we-

Sakura turned around and looked at the girl who caused the misunderstanding.

“Why did you have to walk into that door at this time?! I thought you were my girlfriend!”

Naachan looked at Sakura, and she let out a gasp.

“Girlfriend?? Saku-chan wow…”

The older Japanese girl sighed, “Now you know...”

“Y-You’re dating your own leader?!”

 

**

 

Sakura tried to explain to Eunbi but the rest of the day was occupied with more dance practice. Eunbi purposely avoided her and hang out with the other members or the staff. Their practice went on till 9pm and the managers were escorting them to their transport to go to the hotel. Eunbi walked fast and was the first to enter the van. Sakura stood in front of the van, looking at her girlfriend through the window. But the older girl continues to ignore her, and kept her gaze down on her phone screen.

“Sakura, you’re staying at your own place, tonight, right?” asked Manager Kyu.

The Japanese girl nodded, “Yes. My family is in town.”

“We’ll send a car to pick you up tomorrow at your apartment, so get ready early. We have sound check at the hall tomorrow morning,” he added.

Sakura nodded without saying anything.

Soon all the Korean members were inside the van, some of them already doze off within minutes.

“See you tomorrow, mommy Kkura!” said Yujin excitedly. She had the window rolled down just to wave at Sakura.

“See you tomorrow, daughter,” replied Sakura with a weak smile.

Eunbi stays unfazed. She kept her stoic expression until the van was out of Sakura’s sight.

 

 

**

 

When the girls reached the hotel, they all went straight to their rooms. Hyewon was especially excited because she wanted to order room service that night. Her roommate was the growing baby Wonyoung so they’re going to throw their own food party. Yujin was going to join without being invited.

Eunbi headed straight into her room after giving a few reminders to the members about tomorrow’s schedule. They’ll be having their concert in Makuhari tomorrow evening and they had to be early for sound check.

The leader didn’t speak much in the room, despite her roommate for the week, Yena, who couldn’t stop talking to her. Yena was yapping away about random topics, ranging from her nervousness for the concert to the fact that she found her missing shirt inside Yuri’s luggage. Eunbi only smiled and nod at the younger girl.

“Yena-ya, I’m tired. Can we turn off the light now? I want to sleep,” said Eunbi.

Yena nodded, “Oh, yes. Okay unnie, let’s sleep.”

Eunbi laid down on her bed and put her head on the fluffy pillow. She pulled up the blanket to her chest and tried to close her eyes.

“Good night Eunbi unnie,” said Yena from beside her.

“Good night, Yena.”

Eunbi shut her eyes as she tried to take her mind off things. There were too many things crowding in her head, and it’s really hard for her to ignore. She can’t just pretend not to see Sakura canoodling another girl inside a dimly lit room. The image of her girlfriend wrapping her arms around an attractive looking AKB member kept haunting her. They were speaking Japanese among themselves too, and Eunbi had no idea what they were talking about. Maybe they were mocking her, and she wouldn’t even know. Her Japanese skill is still at elementary level though she’s studying hard for it.

She knows there must be an explanation for what she just saw. Sakura probably just catching up with her old friend and she came in at the wrong time. She knows Sakura wouldn’t cheat on her.

But she can’t help but feel jealous.

She’s so jealous that she can’t even say anything about it.

She never thought she would feel this way, she always thought dumb jealousy is childish and foolish. But now she’s the one feeling that way.

It’s stupid.

Suddenly her phone rang.

The light from her phone screen were beaming in the darkness, and the ringtone was breaking the silence in the room. Eunbi reached for her phone on the side table to check the caller.

It was Sakura.

Eunbi gripped tight on the phone and just stare at the screen. She didn’t want to pick it up. She let it rang until it stopped by itself.

“Who called you, unnie?” asked Yena with her hoarse voice.

“It’s a wrong number. Go back to sleep, Yena-ya.”

“Hmm.”

Yena hummed and then pulled up her blanket to go back to sleep. But then, the phone rang again.

Eunbi bit her lip, it was Sakura again.

Yena sat up straight, “Unnie, just block the number if they bother you…”

She saw Sakura’s face on the phone screen with the caller name, Kkura Baby.

She snorted, “Just pick up your Kkura baby calls please.”

Eunbi quickly put down her phone screen and slid it under her pillow.

“Yah, don’t peek at my phone!”

Yena grinned, “Are you fighting with Kkura baby?”

Eunbi sighed, “It’s none of your business.”

“What did she do to you, unnie? I knew it, Sakura is awful when dating. She has that vibe.”

The older girl kept mum.

Yena crossed her arms, “Sakura is a dating , she never dated before. She’s als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter