Chapter 17

Strictly No Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Three weeks ago.

Eunbi was sitting in a café while sipping drinks that was on her table. It was a day off and she took the opportunity to hang out with one of her closest friend, Exy. They were friends since high school, and had known each other for a while. They’re also both leaders for their groups, and Eunbi often refers to Exy if she has any problems managing her 11 members.

The WJSN leader was sitting opposite of her at the table, chatting happily with Eunbi. They had just went for a quick shopping earlier and exchanged fashion tips with each other. It’s nice to meet up with a friend once in a while.

“Is everything okay with IZ*ONE?” asked Exy, propping her elbows on the table as she looked at Eunbi closely.

Eunbi snorted, “They’re okay. They eats a lot and really healthy. Our food bills each month is unbelievable even the management are complaining. But luckily they’re not lazy to work out, so yeah, it’s balanced.”

Exy smiled, “They are mostly kids, right? Well, you too lost a lot of weight since I last saw you.”

“I’m doing pilates these days. Also I have a strict food regime that I’m following to keep the fat off my waistline,” Eunbi replied with a chuckle.

Exy nods, “It’s great if you’re taking care of yourself in the healthy way. I was just worried if you’re… having problems and lost appetite or something.”

Eunbi looked at her friend blankly and then she let out a sigh, “Oh that.”

Her friend raised an eyebrow, “So there is something.”

Eunbi grabbed her glass and sipped on her drinks for a while. Her iced matcha latte is only quarter left, though she just had her order 10 minutes ago.

“Is it Sakura again?” asked Exy.

Eunbi put down her glass and leaned her back on her chair.

“I really don’t know what to do with her.”

“Are you two still fake dating?” asked Exy with hushed voices.

Eunbi shook her head and smiled weakly, “No. I ended things with her.”

“Eh? Why? I thought you said it was thrilling and fun.”

“She… fell in love with me.”

“Oh.”

Eunbi looked down and fiddled with the bottom of her glass.

“And how do you feel about her?” asked Exy all of the sudden.

“Why does it matter how I feel?”

“Just answer the question, Eun.”

“I still can’t date her. It’s just wrong, it’s in the rules-

“Oh please, just answer the damn question!”

Eunbi bit her lip and let out a heavy sigh.

“I love her.”

Exy smiled, “I knew it.”

Eunbi leaned forward and pressed her temples with her fingers.

“I really love her, like… I don’t even know how to explain it. I dated in the past but it was not this serious, not this deep. I can’t stop thinking about her, her smiles, her kisses and her eyes, also about how it feels to be with her, how pleasant it feels just to cuddle with her, how nice it is to be her girlfriend and stuff like that. Gosh, I need help.”

“Let me help you, Eun,” Exy said, reaching for her hand.

“How?”

She smiled, “Let me help you with an advice.”

“What?”

“Just date her.”

Eunbi gasped, “I can’t! I’m an idol!”

“Oh screw it, just date her Eun! You’re in love with her!”

“I can’t!”

“Why are you so scared? No one is going to find out! You’re in the same group!”

“I can’t just do what I please! There are rules!”

Exy scoffed, “Okay, let’s say if you both are not idols, and there are no rules. What would you do?”

“I-If there are no rules?”

Exy shook her head, “No rules at all. You can do anything you want with Sakura. What would you do?”

“A-Anything I want?”

Eunbi’s face had turned red.

“You’re a !” Exy said with a laugh.

Eunbi buried her face in her palms, “Stop it!”

She huffed, “Fine! If there are no rules, I want to be with her all the time! She’s so gentle with me, and she’s such a great kisser, I’m losing my mind every time I told her to stop, she’s better than any guys I date, I can’t even begin how perfect she is.”

“Gosh, I want her as my girlfriend so bad.”

“Then date her.”

“It’s not that simple.”

“Yah Kwon Eunbi. IZ*ONE’s days are numbered. Sakura will go back to Japan once the contract ends and you will end up wondering how amazing it would be to have her as a girlfriend all your life and you’ll die single because you can’t get over her.”

“What the- Are you cursing me?!”

“Just date her. Kiss her. Do want you want with her.”

Eunbi gasped, “I-I didn’t think that far-

Exy cuts in, “My friend, here’s my advice.”

“Just do what you want to do. Before it’s 2021.”

 

**

 

190820

 

IZ*ONE had to head back to Japan that morning. They’re scheduled for another concert in the Makuhari Messe Exhibition Hall in Tokyo that weekend. They also have a few other schedules that was planned for them throughout the week.

The girls were still sleepy as they had just landed from LA the day before, most of them didn’t bother to do their makeup and just put on caps and masks. But Eunbi was really in the good mood that morning, she did her full makeup and looked radiant in red. She was energetic and cheerful the whole time, waving to the cameras and fansites that was taking their pictures.

She had a great night with her girlfriend.

Sakura was tired though.

 

**

 

“Bay FM, Miyawaki Sakura, Under the Sakura Tree!” said the DJ, Sakura.

“Today we have IZ*ONE members in the studio, as a unit from the B-Side song of the upcoming single, Vampire. Team Love Bubble is in the house!”

The unit members then took turn to introduce themselves.

“Hello, I am Hitomi! Thanks for having me!”

Team Love Bubble consists of Eunbi, Sakura, Hitomi, Hyewon, Chaewon and Yuri. The Korean members were nervous to show off their Japanese language, but Chaewon and Yuri did it great. And then it was Eunbi’s turn.

“Okay, next is Eunbi-chan,” Sakura said, glancing over at Eunbi.

The older girl was grinning from ear to ear, as she leaned forward to the mic. Hyewon was sitting in between the DJ and the leader, on purpose.

“Hello! I’m Eun-chan! Thanks for having me!” she said cheerfully.

Sakura can’t help but chuckle. ‘Eunchan’ is what she usually calls her when they’re together. Bold Eunbi is bold.

“Kang-chan, can you introduce yourself?” asked Sakura quickly, to cover her flustered face.

“I’m Kang-chan!”

“Thanks for coming!”

They went on recording with updates about their group and also the recent broadcast of their cover of Mister. Eunbi tried her best to converse with her limited Japanese. She was cheerful and it was definitely hyping up the atmosphere. Sakura can’t help but felt entertained with her girlfriend’s cute efforts.

And then they came to the topic of Private Mail. Sakura questioned Hyewon on her ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter