Chapter 28

Strictly No Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

Strictly No Dating

 

“I’m so nervous, Chaewonnie, what if I failed again? This is already the third time!” Eunbi said to her closest dongsaeng, Chaewon.

They were in the car, drove by Eunbi’s father, Mr. Kwon, heading to the driving school where both of them will be taking their tests.

It’s already been 2 weeks since Sakura went to Japan, and also the girls were free to go back to their families. Nako and Hitomi flew back to Japan a few days after Sakura, so the dorm is rather empty. Sometimes some of them came over just to crash after practicing, but it was not the same anymore.

A few members took the opportunity to get their license, as initiated by Yena. Chaewon, Chaeyeon and Eunbi followed through as they were also at the legal age to obtain license. For the three of them, it was their exciting first time, but for Eunbi, it’s her third. She had tried getting license 2 years ago, and another attempt a year after, but she failed.

And now she’s feeling more nervous than ever.

Mr. Kwon dropped them off at the school, giving them some words of encouragement. Eunbi forced a smile and waved at her dad as he drove away, though she was pale as a ghost. Chaewon linked arm with her and pulled her along.

“Relax, unnie! You’re gonna pass this time!” said the younger girl.

Eunbi clung to her arm, “But what if I failed again? I can’t keep failing, I’m already 25 and I still don’t have license!”

Chaewon stopped walking and grabbed the older girl’s shoulders. She looked closely at her and smiled.

“Okay, just imagine how cool it’s going to be when you drive the car with Sakura unnie by your side…”

“Kkura?”

Chaewon nodded, “Yes! Imagine going on dates with her, and you’re behind the wheel, coolly driving with one hand on the steering wheel, while the other hand firmly holding her hand…”

Eunbi raised an eyebrow, “Wow, that’s really cool.”

“Right? And when you two went driving at night, you can stop somewhere quiet and… you know?” added Chaewon with a smirk.

The leader’s face turned red, “Oh, I know what you mean.”

Chaewon chuckled, “Is that enough motivation for you? Remember that you’ll have to pass the test, so you can do those things with her.”

Eunbi nods, “Yes, I have to pass this time. No matter what!”

“For hot dates with Kkura unnie!” said Chaewon, excited.

The leader nodded, “Yes, for hot dates-

She smacked Chaewon’s shoulder, enticing laughter from the younger girl.

“Is that your motivation to get driver’s license? For dates with Minju?” asked Eunbi.

Chaewon grinned, “Of course.”

 

 

**

 

 

Eunbi passed the test.

She was so happy she hugged Chaewon like a koala hugging a tree, twirling around a few times until they both stumbled backwards. The younger girl passed it too, she was so proud that she passed with just one trial. Eunbi congratulated her and patted her as if she was a baby, Chaewon let her be, she had given up fighting her at this point.

Mr. Kwon dropped them off at the dorm after they had a hearty lunch prepared by Eunbi’s mother. The nice lady even packed them with some side dishes and fruits to bring back for the others. There are some members at the dorm, Yena and Yuri was there, also Hyewon and they were excited to see what food that Eunbi brought, Minju was also there, but she ran straight into Chaewon’s arms.

Chaewon break the news to her girlfriend and Minju was so ecstatic. She even shed tears, too happy that Chaewon passed the test. Eunbi rolled her eyes at the sight and made her way to her room and shut the door behind her. KimKim are displaying their PDA ever since they went into hiatus without hiding anymore. She walked on them once, making out on the couch at night and it just made her feel annoyed.

She’s not sure why, but she felt so annoyed seeing them together.

She laid on her bed and took out her phone. She texted someone.

‘Hey baby, guess what?’

There was no reply. She waited for a reply but it never came, and it’s almost half an hour. She huffed and typed.

‘I passed the driving test but I guess you don’t even care.’

She threw the phone aside and walked out of the room, feeling more annoyed.

 

 

**

 

 

It was Friday night and Eunbi was doing some stretching in the living room.

She put out her yoga mat and did simple exercise while the other members were lounging on the couch. They were watching a drama on TV. Yuri came back from her hometown earlier than expected and had been sleeping in their dorm. She was sitting next to Yena, eating some homemade popcorn that they made together. Eunbi can’t help but noticed that they’re wearing matching sweaters, and similar colored pants. Yena opened and Yuri fed her with the popcorn. They kept feeding each other, as if they don’t have their own hands.

She looked away, feeling annoyed.

But on the other end of the sofa was Chaewon and Minju. Chaewon was lying down, with her head on Minju’s lap. None of them really watching the TV. Chaewon kept making jokes, causing Minju to chuckle, and now they’re laughing together in their own world. Minju reached for the older girl’s hands and they intertwined their fingers together. Chaewon brought their hands to and kissed the back of Minju’s hand. They looked at each other, smiling. Honestly Eunbi has ideas what the two has been up to, since Chaewon is now sleeping in Minju’s room while Yujin is not around.

Suddenly Minju leaned down and gave Chaewon a quick peck on her lips.

Eunbi scoffed, “Ugh, what the hell.”

Minju glanced over at the leader who is now rolling her mat to keep it.

“Unnie, are you okay?”

Eunbi shook her head, ignoring the question. Suddenly she saw Hyewon all dressed up with a bag on her shoulder.

“Where are you going?” asked Eunbi, concerned.

Hyewon smiled and tucked her hair behind her right ear.

“Lee Chaeyeon want to treat me to dinner. She said she’s bored. She’s picking me up with her car, I know she just want to show off her license.”

Yena whined, “Hey, why she didn’t ask me too?”

Yuri smacked her shoulder and now she’s sulking.

Chaewon smirked, “Oh a late night drive? Are you guys dating?”

Hyewon laughed, “No. Mind your own business, Chaewon.”

Eunbi stood up and carry the yoga mat with her.

“You guys are just so annoying, huh?” she muttered.

Hyewon raised her eyebrow, “Unnie, are you mad at me?”

Eunbi shook her head, “Nah. I’m just gonna go to sleep, alone in my bed. Enjoy your date.”

 

 

**

 

 

Eunbi checked her phone and noticed that Sakura had replied to her texts that she sent about 2 hours ago.

‘oh I had lunch with grandma, she’s a great cook. maybe someday you can taste her food too!’

‘look at maruchan, he’s so cute and fat now’

Sakura even attached a picture of her cat.

Eunbi smiled.

‘when are you coming back?’

‘You said you’ll return in 2 days, right? We’re going to start practicing again soon’

‘Are you still in Kagoshima?’

Sakura replied.

‘I’ve returned to Tokyo earlier this evening, now I’m at my apartment.’

‘oh, when is your flight? Is it tomorrow?’

‘unnie…’

‘yes?’

‘I’m sorry’

‘I had pushed back my return ticket to Tuesday next week.’

Eunbi stared at her phone screen.

‘but that’s 4 days from now. Do you still have work to do?’

She saw that Sakura was typing but there were still no replies. She’s typing for minutes but there’s still nothing. And it’s making Eunbi anxious.

‘there’s no work’

‘I just want to tidy up my apartment and play some games’

Eunbi gasp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter