Chapter 24

Strictly No Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The alarm sounds blaring across the room. A girl under the sheets pulled her blanket over her head and pressed her hands over her ears. Her phone was pushed away and it dropped on the floor with the alarm still set off. The phone’s screen is all cracked because of this, but Yujin didn’t care.

“Yah, Yujin-ah, wake up!” a voice said. It was her roommate, Minju. She had been awake a while ago, and all dressed up in her school uniform.

Minju picked up the phone and turned off the alarm.

She sighed, “We have to go to school today, Yujin-ah! Hurry up!”

“She’s not waking up yet?” asked Eunbi who peeked from the door.

Minju sighed exasperatedly, “No unnie! Can you do something about this? I’ve tried everything!”

Eunbi walked over to Yujin and Minju stepped back to let the older girl come closer. Eunbi leaned down and moved closer to the younger girl’s face. Yujin stirred but she kept pretending to be sleeping.

Eunbi whispered, “Yujin-ah, you better wake up now or unnie will-

Yujin creased her eyebrows but still keeping her eyes shut.

“Unnie will kiss you.”

Suddenly the leader leaned closer and gave Yujin a peck on her cheek. The younger girl’s eyes shot open immediately and she sprang up from the bed.

“UNNIE! WHY DID YOU KISS ME?!” Yujin said angrily. She was rubbing her cheek with both hands as if it had been contaminated.

Minju’s eyes were wide open, shocked.

“Wow that worked! Eunbi unnie, you’re amazing!”

Eunbi smiled proudly, “My kisses really do wonders.”

“Yeah but your girlfriend is still sleeping, maybe you should kiss her awake,” said Yena from the doorway.

Eunbi chuckled, “I should, right?”

Yujin let out a loud grunt, “EWW! EWW! EWW! UGH I HATE LIVING HERE!”

She grabbed her towel and stomped her way to the bathroom.

Minju and Eunbi exchanged looks.

 

**

Yujin was in a foul mood all day. She had to leave to school for the last time, for the farewell party her classmates were throwing her. Her parents had decided that she would be home schooled as she was too busy to attend classes due to her schedule.

She washed up and put on her uniform hastily. She left with Minju as soon as she was dressed without saying anything to anyone. Eunbi walked her to the door to see her off, but the younger girl didn’t even glance at her.

Eunbi watched until Minju and Yujin were out of sight and then closed the door behind her.

She walked to the kitchen where Yena and Hyewon were eating their breakfast. Sakura was also there, flipping bread in her pan. She was making her famous toast.

“Yujin already left? I made breakfast for her,” said the Japanese girl.

Eunbi sighed and made her way to her girlfriend.

“Yeah. I don’t know what’s wrong with her. She’s been grumpy these days.”

Hyewon shrugged, “She’s okay with me. We even wrestled last night.”

The leader leaned her back against the counter, “Then, does she only acting like that towards me?”

Suddenly Sakura came and handed her a glass of water, “Here, you haven’t even drink anything yet.”

“Thanks Kkura-ya,” Eunbi took the glass and brought it to .

Sakura sighed, “She’s cold towards me too. Last night she was upset with me because of my gaming equipment in the living room. Her leg accidentally caught in the wire and she fell down.”

“She don’t even call me mom anymore.”

 

**

 

Eunbi suggested that they’re having ribs barbeque for dinner. She, Sakura, Chaeyeon and Minju were out to buy some groceries and they stopped by a restaurant before heading back.

The leader placed the meat on the girdle, and the sizzling sound of the grilled protein was filling the air. Sakura was watching the meat as the color turn from red to brown, waters in anticipation. Noticing her girlfriend drooling over the meat, Eunbi can’t help but chuckle. She flipped the meat to make sure it’s cooked properly before taking it out of the grill. She gave a large piece to Sakura.

“For you, Kkura-ya.”

“Wahhh, thank you unnie!”

Chaeyeon shook her head, “It’s not fair, unnie. I want a big piece too.”

The dancer complained playfully. Eunbi laughed and put more meat on the grill for the two other members.

“How’s Yujin in school today?” asked Eunbi to Minju.

Minju smiled, “She’s okay. Cheerful and hyper like a puppy as she is. Everyone was falling for her in class. We had a mini fansign for our friends too.”

Eunbi nods, “That’s good to hear. I was just worried because she left the home in such a foul mood.”

The high school girl sat up straight and looked at Eunbi, “Eunbi unnie.”

“Yes?”

Minju alternates her gaze from Eunbi to Sakura, “I think she’s mad at you and Kkura unnie.”

Sakura and Eunbi looked at her.

“Us? But why?” asked Sakura.

Minju shrugged, “I don’t know. Maybe you both should ask her about it.”

The conversation continues with other topics from their upcoming Korean album to diet plan. Eunbi took a piece of salad and begin putting meat on it with other sauces. She wrapped the leaf and turned to Sakura.

“Open your mouth, baby,” she said.

Sakura opened obediently and bites on the wrapped leaf in one go. Eunbi had made it with an appropriate size, and Sakura had no problem eating it. The Japanese girl munches on the wrap as she looked at her girlfriend. Eunbi was watching her eating with a loving gaze and a sweet smile on her face. Sakura felt so full. Not just from the food, but her heart swells with happiness just by being with Eunbi. She reached for the older girl’s hand on her lap and they intertwined their fingers together.

Eunbi took a napkin and reached forward to wipe the corner of Sakura’s mouth. The younger girl stiffened by her sudden proximity. The smell of her sweet vanilla perfume igniting her senses. She gulped. She had to fight the urge of kissing her deeply.

“Hi girls,” said a voice.

All four of them turned around and saw their manager, Miyeon was there with 2 other people behind her. They looked like her friends.

“Ah unnie! Are you here for dinner too?” asked Chaeyeon, smiling.

The manager nods. She pushed up her glasses and looked at the girls before her.

“Are you guys back from grocery shopping?” she asked.

Eunbi replied, “Yes unnie. Things finished up quickly in our house. The kids are all eating well.”

Miyeon smiled at them and then suddenly her expression changed. She raised an eyebrow as if she noticed something.

“I didn’t know Eunbi and Sakura are sweet with each other,” she said.

All four of them suddenly stiffens, and it showed on their faces. Everyone suddenly went quiet. Minju reached for a cup of water.

Sakura cleared , “Not sweet unnie! W-We’re all close. What do you mean?”

The older woman crossed her arms, “I saw Eunbi feeding you wrap and you two were holding hands just now.”

Eunbi laughed awkwardly, “I made wrap for everyone, not just Sakura. Why are you suspicious?”

Miyeon shrugged, “I hope you two aren’t dating each other, that’s all.”

Sakura and Eunbi looked at each other blankly before suddenly bursts out laughing.

“No way! Eunbi unnie is not my type! She likes Sprite while I like Coke! She also nags so much yet too clingy! She hugs all the time. I don’t like clingy people!”

Eunbi nods, “Yeah! I don’t like someone who’s too obsessed with gaming! All Sakura does is either stare at her phone or her computer screen all day! She even replied my texts late!”

Sakura looked at Eunbi, and saw the older girl’s face serious. Either she was really into acting or she actually meant it. She gulped.

Miyeon sighed, “Great then! I really hope there’s no more dating couples in this group. Especially not you two.”

The four of them smiled awkwardly at their manager. The manager’s two friends were calling from the counter. One of them settled the bill for their dinner.

“Okay, I’m coming!”

She e last time to the girls and said, “If you two are dating and got caught, especially by the Japanese side, they won’t tolerate. They will kick someone out.”

“I can’t imagine IZ*ONE without the leader or the Miyawaki.”

Eunbi felt that.

 

 

**

 

The girls flew to Japan the next two days for another schedule and it’s a busy week for them. They were attending another Tokyo Girls Collection where four of them became the models. They were also performing at the show. They went straight to their airport after the show, flying to Incheon from Fukuoka.

Eunbi was waving her hands towards the fans who were waiting for them at the airport. Some of them were handing out gifts and the girls kindly took them. The leader got herself a Kirby p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter