Chapter 30

The Little Merman

 

When he arrived at the pier Jungkook was sitting down with his arms around his legs and his head on his knees. Jackson and Hoseok were observing Jungkook gloomily. Jaehyun didn't have time to be melancholic with them. Something needed to be done about IU.

 

After transforming back into a human he sat near Jungkook, disturbing the silence that had developed. Jackson was glaring at him while Hoseok and Jungkook looked at him bewilderingly.

 

"You won't believe what I saw Kookie! I was flying and I saw her! The sea witch is on the wedding boat! She has your set of pipes in her possession too!" Jaehyun could see Jungkook and Hoseok piecing things together. "JIMIN IS MARRYING THE SEA WITCH IN DISGUISE!"

 

Jackson put his hand around his chin in deep thought, "That doesn't make sense, Jaehyun. Why would IU be doing that?"

 

Hoseok answered Jackson's question, "She has Kookie's voice, you say?" The swan boy nodded. Hoseok looked disgusted at the thought of the sea witch. "She must have Jimin on some spell."

 

Jackson glanced at the green tailed merman, "What makes you say that?" It wasn't farfetched as one might think.

 

"What other use would she have for Kookie's voice? Jimin fell in love with Kookie because of his voice and song!" Hoseok pointed out the obvious.

 

Jaehyun gazed at Jungkook with his tearstained face, "Jungkook that means you still have a shot! You can still get your happily ever after."

 

Jackson eyed Hoseok and then Jaehyun, "Are you sure about this?"

 

"Have I ever been wrong?" Jaehyun questioned the three. Jungkook recalled the dinglehopper and snarfblatt. Jaehyun sighed, "I mean when it's important."

 

Hoseok turned to Jackson, "What are we going to do? How are we supposed to get Kookie to Jimin?"

 

Jungkook's eyes set on the sun that was beginning to drop. In his head he could hear IU's words echoing.

 

Before the sun sets on the third day.

 

He had time.

 

Without thinking a second time Jungkook jumped into the water just to struggle. Hoseok went to him and held him securely. Jackson thought up a plan as quick as he could. There wouldn't be much time and just in case, a particular king needed to know where to be. It was time for Namjoon to know where his son was.

 

My poor friend has suffered long enough, Jackson thought of his family and best friend. Hopefully I'm not murdered by Namjoon or Mark.

 

"Hoseok, get Jungkook to the boat quickly," Jackson demanded. Jungkook wrapped his arms around Hoseok, "Swim as fast as you can!"

 

Hoseok nodded, "I'll try!" The bubbly merman swam away with Jungkook holding tightly.

 

Jackson nodded confidently. They could do this. They knew what to do. "I have to get to Namjoon. He must know about this."

 

Jaehyun felt betrayed for being completely left out. He cleared his throat to get the merman's attention. "Uh, what about me?!"

 

He hadn't even considered for a second until now. Jimin and IU couldn't get married - Jungkook had to get to the prince before they tied the knot.

 

"YOU have to stall the wedding, you hear me?" Jackson commanded before driving into the water swimming swiftly back to Atlantis.

 

Jaehyun anxiously bit as his fingernails, "Stall the wedding? How am I...?” He spotted a few seagulls flying by. A plan hatched into his head. "That's it!"

 

The man transformed back into his white swan form and flew away from the pier. He spotted nearby seagulls. Since he literally knew how to speak a bird language he was able to communicate with them. In a hurry, he screamed at the other birds that there was an emergency and that they were to follow him at once. In response to Jaehyun, there were more birds that followed along.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

 

King Hyoshin and Queen Sejeong weren't present for their own son's wedding. There were important matters to tend to but they wished Jimin the best. Sungwoon saw how overly happy for Jimin. Queen Sejeong had even gifted Jieun with a beautiful pearl necklace that said bride wasn't wearing at the moment.

 

As he had sworn Sungwoon got onto the boat with Taemin and Kai trailing behind. Moonkyu still hadn't returned from the trip but they'd have plenty to tell him once he came back. It was unknown whether Jimin would be married when Moonkyu came back to Mikrokosmos. Only time would tell.

 

Weddings were meant to be jubilant celebrations that people could cry and talk about. No doubt there'd be tears and chatter but it lacked joy from Jimin's behalf. While his friend stood at the altar next to the priest, Jimin looked dead. He was looking handsome in what he was dressed in but looking into his eyes one could tell he was without a soul.

 

As Jieun walked down the aisle she was dressed in her white wedding gown while holding a bouquet of pink flowers. She wore her golden seashell necklace rather than the gift Queen Sejeong had given her. She appeared to be the perfect bride yet Sungwoon found himself looking at the woman untrustworthily. Maybe he was overthinking it?

 

His plan was to have a conversation with Jimin and talk him out of the wedding. He didn't get the time since the wedding started. Jimin was dressed and ready to go as was Jieun. Jimin hadn't even noticed that he had brought Chimmy along. The dog had to know his owner was being off too.

 

Sungwoon was going to give up when he saw Chimmy growl at Jieun. He was taken back when he saw her kick the dog. Chimmy stayed back as Jieun stood next to Jimin with a smile on her face.

 

Jimin would go crazy on anyone who'd hurt Chims, Sungwoon thought. The priest began speaking. It was when he said "let them speak now and forever hold their peace" was when he rose. Gasps were heard.

 

Sungwoon realized what he had done.

 

"What are you doing?" Taemin hissed at him as people were giving them odd looks. He hadn't been expecting this.

 

Sungwoon his lips and walked towards Jimin, "I need you to know that you have a say in your life, Jimin. You deserve to be happy, Jiminie. It doesn't matter who you're with."

 

Jimin turned his head a bit, "I am happy, hyung. I'm getting married to the one I love. I'm happy."

 

"You were happier..." Sungwoon eyed the audience that was looking their way. He whispered, "When we were talking about your savior."

 

Jimin nodded, "Exactly," he looked down at Jieun and then looked at Sungwoon, "I'm marrying my savior." Sungwoon flinched when he saw an unnatural glow in Jimin's eyes.

 

"If you're finished, sir, may we continue?" The priest asked Sungwoon. Taemin got up and led Sungwoon back to his seat.

 

His eyes glowed, Sungwoon thought as he saw a deadly glare coming from Jieun. Huh.

 

"Yes, um, Jimin, do you take Jieun, to be your lawfully wedded wife, for as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked Jimin.

 

Under IU's spell, Jimin replied, "I do."

 

The priest turned to Jieun, "And do you-" he never got to ask the woman since all of sudden there was an attack on the boat.

 

There were a bunch of birds that came down like rain and onto the boat. The guests screamed and got up from their chairs. People were screaming, hiding and trying to get rid of the birds by hitting them with objects.

 

Deliberately Jaehyun had a group of birds attack Jieun only. In shock of what was going on, Jieun screamed and tried scaring the birds off by hitting them with her bouquet. In response more attacked her. They began tearing her dress and messing up her hair.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

 

"Don't worry, Kookie, were going to make it!" Hoseok wouldn't be running out of hope now that they had one last chance.

 

The green tailed merman sighed in relief once they got to the boat. Hoseok helped Jungkook climb onto the ship. He reassured him that if he fell he'd catch him. Hoseok watched as Jungkook got over and onto the boat. He wouldn't know how it ended up. He prayed there was still time.

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Guests were still appalled and fearing for their lives as the birds continued their mayhem. The whole decorations and food for the wedding was scattered all over the floor including tipped over chairs and tables. The only thing that remained still was Jimin in his emotionless state.

 

Sungwoon was about to go over to Jimin when a few birds began picking at him. They stopped when Taemin told him to hide under the table with Kai and him. Sungwoon listened since he didn't want to continue being pestered by the birds.

 

Jieun was trying to get rid of the birds attacking her. No longer was she a lovely bride but a girl wearing shreds of her wedding down. Jaehyun grabbed onto her necklace and tried pulling it.

 

"Why you little-" Jieun tried hitting Jaehyun with her bouquet but she hadn't realized what the white swan was really trying to do. Jaehyun let go when the necklace fell and the seashell shattered.

 

At the perfect time Jungkook had gotten onto the boat the same moment when the seashell broke. A little ball of yellow light glowed vibrantly and it made all its way towards Jungkook. The mer prince felt the instinct to open his mouth and when he did his voice came out.

 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Euphoria

 

Jimin spun around and his eyes glowed yellow one last time. He placed his fingertips on his head as he felt a bad headache. His eyes landed on Jungkook and he knew. Now he knew!

 

"Jungkook?" He called out to the red haired boy.

 

Jungkook smiled and ran to him, Jimin wrapping his arms around his waist, "Jimin." The mer prince was so happy Jimin could hear him speak.

 

Jimin Jungkook's face with the back of his hand. He couldn't believe it. The one he was looking for had been in front of him the whole time.

 

"You can talk," Jimin yearned to hear that voice for what felt like forever. He chuckled, "You're the one!"

 

Jieun screeched when she noticed what happened. She called out to Jimin, "Jimin, get away from him!"

 

"It was you this whole time." Jimin whispered as he leaned his face closer. He had already found his savior.

 

Jungkook leaned close too, "Oh Jimin, I wanted to tell you."

 

"JIMIN NO!" Jieun yelled.

 

Jimin and Jungkook leaned in so close that their lips were inches away from touching. Jimin didn't want to wait any longer. The human prince put his hand behind Jungkook's head as he was about to kiss him. At that time the sun set and it was too late. Jungkook whimpered in pain as he felt his bones shifting back to their original form. He could tell.

 

He was a merman again.

 

Jimin had been confused and scared by Jungkook's discomfort. He looked down in shock as Jungkook fell to the floor. Instead of legs, Jungkook had a red tail. Jimin was flabbergasted while everyone else gasped.

 

"You're too late, too late!" IU singsonged and now she had her tentacles instead of her legs. She grabbed onto Jungkook, "See you later, my prince!" The mer prince and she went overboard as Jungkook thrashed.

 

"Jungkook!" Jimin called out in fear of what was to come. He nearly married a woman, found out Jungkook was his savior and now there was even more commotion.

 

Either way Jimin needed to get Jungkook back. He had to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

Our handsome Jimin's wedding outfit: 

Go save Kookie, Jiminie! ( ╹▽╹ )

How do you guys think this is going? 

Comments are loved <3