Chapter 14

The Little Merman

 

Taehyung's affectionate confession motivated him to do something for Jungkook. It was a while before the red haired boy's birthday so it wouldn't be that. Hoseok had an idea that Jungkook had helped out Taehyung. Jungkook was just persuasive that way. Plus they could celebrate which would be downright fun! Hoseok snuck to the shipwreck graveyard and searched for any items that might be of interest to Jungkook.

 

There were countless objects for Hoseok to choose from but they didn't seem special enough for this type of occasion. Hoseok tried seeing if there was anything human like that had been abandoned nearby. He squealed and felt fruitful when he found the perfect gift for Jungkook. He quickly took it back to Jungkook's lair and left it there so he could get the lucky boy.

 

Taehyung was going to go around and tell his family about the engagement. It was the right time for Hoseok to go looking for Jungkook's gift.

 

Hoseok found Jungkook with Jackson. Namjoon's right-hand man was prattling while Jungkook was absent-minded by what he believed to be a certain human prince.

 

Jungkook asked, "Why can't you just tell me what this is about?" Hoseok told him he had a surprise for him. He was on pins and needles, curious to what Hoseok had for him.

 

Hoseok was the one to move the rock and the first to enter. He swam quickly and stood in front of Jungkook's surprise. Jungkook moved the rock back and gaped at Hoseok with impatience.

 

"Surprise!" Hoseok exclaimed as he moved away to reveal the statue of Prince Jimin from the ship. He witnessed Jungkook's reaction and knew he had done right.

 

Jungkook's eyes sparkled as they set on the statue. Ever since seeing Jimin for the first time on the ship, he couldn't get the human out of his head. Jungkook tried just for the attempts to remain futile like always. This wasn't a little fascination, it was so much more. He loved Jimin hopelessly.

 

He beamed and swam towards the statue, "Hobi...I...This is amazing! It looks exactly like him! His eyes and everything." Jungkook placed his hands on the statue's chest, "Run away with you, Jimin? Oh I'd love to!"

 

Hoseok gasped and Jungkook wheeled around and could understand why his best friend had been left open-mouthed. Standing at the entrance of the lair was Namjoon with his golden trident in his right hand. The most noticeable thing about the king was his infuriation that could be seen in his eyes.

 

"Appa!" Jungkook couldn't find anything to say. His father wasn't going to like this one bit no matter what he told him. He spotted Jackson right behind.

 

Namjoon advanced towards his son, "I'm a practical king, Jungkook. I know what rules to lay out for my children. Why does it seem like you aren't onboard with my rules?"

 

Jungkook rested his back to the statue as if for support, "Appa, I—"

 

"Did you rescue a human from drowning, Jungkook?" Namjoon felt those words too familiar with this situation.

 

Jungkook objected, "Appa, I had to!" He couldn't have allowed Jimin to die. It would have been a tragic loss to the world to lose someone so divine.

 

"Humans and merfolk interacting is forbidden, Jungkook! You know this. Everyone but you seems to be listening!" Namjoon knew another name but Jungkook didn't need to know that. No one did.

 

Jungkook shook his head, "He would've died!"

 

"One less human to worry about." Namjoon had loathed humans ever since Jin's departure.

 

"You don't even know who he is." Jungkook argued back.

 

Namjoon didn't need to know any to know that they're vile creatures. All they do is destroy and steal. Polluting the oceans. Murdering. Stealing what didn't belong to them.

 

"I don't need to know him, Jungkook," Namjoon snapped. "They're all spineless, savage, repulsive, thieving monsters lacking any emotion."

 

Jungkook cried, "Appa, I love him!" He gasped when he took in what he had proclaimed. Hoseok and Jackson shared the same appalled expression.

 

Namjoon's eyes widened. What he had dreaded and never predicted was happening. "No...It can't be..."

 

While he loved his mate dearly, Namjoon had questioned him once too many times. He didn't comprehend why Jin wanted to be friends with humans. Why his love needed to see the humans and their repellent world. Jin was getting a taste of it and the price was steep; his tail and family.

 

Maybe Jin didn't fall in love with Hyosang but Jin had been misled by the "friend" he trusted. Jungkook would fall into the same place as Jin or even worst. Namjoon had let Jin fall into his faith for humans but he wouldn't be letting Jungkook. He lost Jin, his love, but he wasn't going to lose his own son.

 

"I swear to you, Jungkook, I'm going to end this infatuation of yours." Namjoon swore. He didn't stop Jin but he could stop Jungkook. The trident began glowing as he pointed it towards one of the shelves, "If this is how, so be it."

 

With the power of his trident, Namjoon blasted each and every item that his son had ever collected. Hoseok and Jackson had watched near the entrance in terror of the king's wrath. Jackson was sympathetic while Hoseok was grief stricken to see every single thing Jungkook had admired so much all gone. Even if Jungkook let go of his love for the human prince, he would at least have all the items he had been charmed by.

 

No, Hoseok thought mournfully as he was frozen. He couldn't help Jungkook.

 

All Jungkook would do was beg and cry out as he watched his father destroy everything he had come to cherish. He had spent time assembling everything. Jaehyun had helped him out by figuring out the names of each item. He had learned all of their names and was riches to him.

 

Once everything surrounding them was demolished and just dust, there was one last item left. The statue of Jimin had remained undamaged. To see one thing still in flawless shape while being surrounded by debris of memories was sad. What Namjoon was about to do would be more a devastation towards Jungkook.

 

"Appa, no!" Jungkook begged his father as Namjoon pointed the Trident at the statue. In flashes, the statue was only pieces on the floor.

 

It was like witnessing a daydream being torn away from his grasps. All he had of the human prince was the statue. He didn't know what would ever come of them but at least he'd have the statue. It wasn't like that anymore, regrettably. His father had blasted the beautiful masterwork into smithereens. Jungkook sat on the floor near where the statue had been standing as he sobbed hardly.

 

Hearing his son's sobs broke his heart but Namjoon could only have faith that this would end Jungkook's concentration on humans. It had to be done and he had been doing it for the right reasons. With grief, Namjoon left the cave that had once been full of things Jungkook valued.

 

The last thing he heard of Jungkook for a while was his cries.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

Poor Rapmon :( he just cares too much about his baby Kookie