Chapter 34

The Little Merman

 

Being summoned by his parents was what he expected to happen once he returned to the castle. Anyone who was a guest at his wedding was nicknamed loonies since no one believed for a second that octopus women or mer people existed. Jimin kept his own mouth shut since he'd be told the exact same thing. He wouldn't have married whatever woman he was so supposed to whether she be human or a sea creature.

 

His heart yearned for one person and that person was neither female nor human. Standing at that altar he would've wanted it to be Jungkook. In his own perfect world created by his fantasies and daydreaming, he would be with Jungkook and far from whoever tried breaking them a part. They wouldn't ever have to deal with them - all they'd think about loved each other for their entire lives.

 

Why couldn't it be like that? Jimin thought somberly. There was no such thing as perfect worlds and reality always pulled people out of their dreams.

 

After Sungwoon had found him Jimin knew he had to listen to what Jungkook told him. The last words he heard from his beloved would be ones he'd listen to. They might not have been positive ones but they held their own meaning. Jungkook's words echoed in his head as he sat on the floor of the throne room waiting for his parents to arrive.

 

Choose the life you've always lived or the life where you make your own choices.

 

All his life the decisions had been made for him. Living as a prince had its perks, he guessed, but his life had always been controlled by his parents. Even his pick for a spouse had been monitored by his parents who would only ever allow him to be with a woman. They had been desperate to let any girl become queen as long as Jimin ended up marrying one - that's all that mattered.

 

He hadn't been living freely at all. If he took his life by the reigns he would have knowing pulling the strings. Jimin acknowledged the life was wearing and he wouldn't have personally chosen it if he had gotten to choose what social status he wanted to be born in. Being born royal was out of his control but accepting his life was his own wasn't.

 

All he had to do was let go. He would be letting go of his own parents but it'd be worth it, right? They wouldn't be making choices for him anymore. He wouldn't have to worry about trying to please someone because he wasn't doing something right. He'd be living out in the world like an every day person. It wouldn't be like what he was used to and he wouldn't have any family, but he'd be free and hopefully happy.

 

He had his best friends. The four of them wanted him to be content. He might be seen differently by the citizens but his life would be his own.

 

Forget about me, fall in love with someone and be happy with them.

 

How could he forget someone like Jungkook?

 

The time he didn't know who he was Jimin found out more about his savior. Jungkook was an innocent, kind soul with a beautiful heart. He had saved him when he didn't have to. He had risked everything just to get back to him. Jungkook really did love him and Jimin felt the exact same. Was that not enough for the universe to let them be together?

 

Jungkook was even sacrificing something now. The merman had thought about him when he let him go. He didn't want Jimin to completely say farewell to his family. Jungkook wanted him to fall in love with another - the other was unselfish and loving. Clearly it broke his heart to have said those things.

 

Jimin didn't want to forget Jungkook and he didn't think he could fall in love with someone else. Maybe he'd learn to care about them but that was it. Jimin knew the other was his soulmate. When he didn't know Jungkook's identity, he was slowly falling in love with him. They were meant to be but fate didn't want them together.

 

Don't imprison yourself. I want you to live happily.

 

Jungkook wanted him to be happy and free. If it meant Jimin had to let go of his original life and family so be it. Jungkook didn't care what he had to do as long as Jimin wasn't living a depressed, joyless life.

 

"We've heard that you remain unwed, Jimin," Hyoshin said. It seemed like the king would continue to be discouraged by his one and only son.

 

Sejeong expressed shame, "How did this happen, Jimin? You were, believe it or not, demanding to marry that girl! What happened?"

 

He couldn't lie to them or himself. There was no way anyone was winning this long game of theirs that had been going on for far too long. He thought long ago maybe he could lie that he'd live happily with a girl since he would get to have children. He loved kids and maybe his own sons or daughters would get him through his unhappiness?

 

Jimin didn't want that though. He would never wish to put that on innocent children. He'd give up that desire if not meant less broken hearts. He was saving others from more disappointment.

 

"She's not the one," Jimin said frankly. His parents had heard of that one before. It was the truth. His one was under the sea giving up everything for him. "Any princess or lady will never be."

 

With rage, the king gritted his teeth, "Think wisely about the next words that are going to come out of your mouth."

 

Jimin had been walking on eggshells for far too long for his parents. "Umma and you want me to be something that I'm just not. I thought I could be but I can't, I did try."

 

Sejeong was muddled, "What are you trying to say, Jimin?"

 

Jimin eyed his parents, the next words not being ones he expected to ever say to them. "I have found the one I wish to marry, that's true. I've fallen in love."

 

Sejeong brightened by her son's words unknown to the truth behind them. "Well Jimin why didn't you just say! Why haven't you introduced her?"

 

Him, Jimin thought. "I finally understand that I can be happy. Someone, the one I love, risked so much just telling me that. His words won't be in vain."

 

The king and queen realized what he had said. It wasn't a female that their son had fallen in love with.

 

"I've made my choice."

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Seeing his home made him smile. It had been some time since he had been where he was born and raised. He did feel homesick in Mikrokosmos, specifically when something reminded him of the ocean or Atlantis.

 

Jungkook spotted Moonbyul, Yoongi and Taehyung in front of the castle. He sensed he was going to be rebuked by the three of them for so many reasons he probably couldn't count. They would scold him so more afterwards when they found out he had sought after help from IU in order to go on land with the human prince he had fallen in love with.

 

Hoseok watched as Namjoon, Jin and Jungkook made their way towards the three who had their mouths gaped as well as the citizens outside watching. He could see sadness and joy mixed in the other two princes and it could be seen when both embraced Jin and Jungkook tightly. They had questions and they would be answered for sure.

 

The chirpy green tailed merman saw Jackson go towards Mark and his three sons and pecked the four of them. Hoseok knew he was right when looking on the bright side of the situation. Jungkook may have been brokenhearted but there was joy being spread around. Jackson returned to his family and so had Jin. The ocean's queen was back where he belonged.

 

Though he himself shouldn't be out of sorts he couldn't help it. He could comprehend Jungkook's pain when he thought his mother was dead. It was different now, a bit bitter. He would never take Jin's spot but Jungkook had needed someone there for him and it felt like he wasn't needed anymore now that Jin was back.

 

It was best this way. The princes should have their parents. Obviously at this moment it was time for a family reunion and that didn't include him. It never would. He began swimming away when Jackson caught his wrist.

 

"Where are you going?" Jackson questioned the young merman.

 

Hoseok was glad Jackson had let go. He eyed the royal family who were engrossed in each other. "They should be with family right now."

 

"And that doesn't include you?" Jackson raised an eyebrow; he was referring to being friends with Jungkook and Taehyung's ex-betrothal.

 

Hoseok shook his head with a small smile on his face. "They have other things to concern themselves with, Jackson. They should be together, it's been so long."

 

The blonde merman continued swimming although Jackson lightly called out to him. Hoseok hadn't caught Taehyung looking at his direction longingly.

 

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Nae paran kkumsoge

Neol dameullae

Anirago haedo

Nae nun soge

 

He had found a rock that he had decided to sit on top of while looking up the darkened sky and shiny bright white moon. There were many emotions inside of him but only one was radiating off of him. It had been some time since he felt it: loneliness.

 

Even with a smile on his face he did feel gloomy. Particularly he felt lonely after he had lost his family and before he met Jungkook. Sometimes when Jungkook was busy Hoseok felt it. It was nauseating because he didn't want this feeling. He wished he could remove it from his system.

 

Meeting Taehyung he hadn't expected he'd fall in love with the second prince. He never anticipated for him to ever propose to him either. It had been the last thing he would've expected yet it still ended up happening unexpectedly. Taehyung confessed that he loved him.

 

Nae paran kkumsoge

Neol aneullae

An doendago haedo

Nae pumsoge

 

He didn't know exactly where he stood now. He had assumed his place would always be with Jungkook as his friend but he didn't truly need him - Jin was back. Hoseok didn't have any clue where he stood with Taehyung either. For all he knew he forgot all about him - maybe it was best that way.

 

Lonely, he felt very lonely.

 

Every day he missed his family but right now when he felt utterly alone he longed for them badly. It would've been nice for them to have met Jungkook. If Taehyung and he had worked it they could've attended their wedding. They would've saw Taehyung's and his children. There were tears rolling down his cheeks as he sang gloomily.

 

Blue Side

Back to Blue Side

Blue Side

Back to Blue Side

Blue Side

Back to Blue Side

Blue Side

Back to Blue Side

 

He wished for anyone to come to him. He yearned for anyone presence to be made known. Hoseok just didn't want to be alone. And he wasn't.

 

Sumgyeowasseo

I tell you something

Geujeo mudeodugien

Ijen beotil suga eobneun geol

Wae geuttaen mal mot haenneunji

Eochapi apawaseo

Jeongmal beotil suga eobseul geol

Now cry

Neoege neomu mianhal ppunya

Tto cry neol jikyeojuji mothaeseo

 

 

The familiar deep voice he knew so well filled his ears. In any other situation he would've smiled but he was mostly bewildered by Taehyung being here. He shouldn't be here. If wanted to see him he should've waited until after a few days. Right now the blue haired prince should be with his family.

 

Hoseok turned to see Taehyung with his head out of the water and one of his hands gripping the edge of the rock. He had a little smile and waved at Hoseok.

 

"What are you doing here?" Hoseok questioned the prince. He felt bad for Taehyung being here. "You should be back at Atlantis with your family."

 

Taehyung his lips nervously, "Once upon a time I wanted you to be a part of my family."

 

"And now?"

 

"You've always been, Hob-Hoseok," Taehyung stated not wanting to overstep his boundaries. "When Kookie introduced you, you had a place in our family."

 

Hoseok thought that to be sweet. "Why did you follow me here, Taehyung? What drove you to do such a thing?"

 

Taehyung resisted the desire to grab Hoseok's hands. He stayed still. "My intentions remain the same, Hoseok. It's never changed."

 

Hoseok could taste his own bitterness, "Marrying me wasn't the only thing on your agenda when you proposed." He didn't know whether to take a chance. "Do you blame me for being this way?"

 

Taehyung understood he deserved all the bitterness. Before going to Hoseok, Taehyung had told his parents what had happened. Jungkook glared at Yoongi while Taehyung took all the blame. He didn't have to go with the idea but he did and it was his fault. Jungkook convinced him to take the chance because he was lucky enough that Hoseok was here in Atlantis to stay.

 

The blue haired prince could tell what his younger brother meant. Namjoon had told his sons that Jungkook had fallen in love with a human prince - Taehyung stiffened when he was told. Jungkook could never be with the prince he loved. Jungkook had meant that he should try to persuade Hoseok because he was lucky enough that they were both Merfolk and they'd never have to endure an obstacle of different worlds.

 

Jungkook had been right. Taehyung couldn't ever think of anyone the same way he thought of Hoseok. Therefore he'd make an effort to convince Hoseok to give him another chance.

 

"I know, Hoseok, and I take full blame. It's my fault and I thought hard about this, especially when we realized Jungkook ran away. I love you, Hoseok, and I'm the one who messed up. I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you, for you to forgive me for tainting our love." Taehyung apologized passionately.

 

Hoseok could see that the younger mer was truly sorry for what he had done. Their relationship wouldn't be completely the same but it'd still be there as it had always been. No matter how disputes they had their hearts would belong to each other.

 

They both loved each other.

 

"Tae, I love you just as much," Hoseok began as he looked away for a moment. He continued, "I think that-"

 

Hoseok never got to finish his sentence since Taehyung smiled as he pulled his lovely merman into the water. Once the green tailed mer was in the water, Taehyung claimed the other's soft heart shaped lips.

 

"I love you, Hobi." Taehyung whispered as his lips ghosted over Hoseok's.

 

Hoseok giggled, "I love you too, Tae."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡 

Well we got the complete family reunion 

Plus established where Vhope stands (。♡‿♡。)

And now finally last but not least JIKOOK (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤