Chapter 19

The Little Merman

 

Jeonghee entered the dining room. At the doorway of the dining room there was a shadow. She chuckled, motioning to come forward, "Come on, dear, don't be shy!"

 

After the soothing bubble bath, he had been given a long comfortable robe before being taken into another room that Jeonghee told him would be his chambers. It was nothing like his own in Atlantis. No seashells, sand or water. There was a large bed, a table and two chairs, a long mirror and a nightstand with a small mirror. There was also a balcony with long dark blue curtains.

 

On top of the bed there were clothes Jungkook had never seen before. They were unlike the trousers he walked in or the outfit Jaehyun swore regularly. Jeonghee guaranteed him that she had it picked out and that there would be additional clothing added to his wardrobe as soon as possible. The shirt was a long sleeved silky dark ocean blue with a black and matching blue ribbon attached. Feeling the shirt brought a smile to his face; the silk felt cool on his skin. Jeonghee brought socks and shoes too.

Looking at the shirt in the mirror reminded him of his home he was so far away from but close. He was getting homesick.

This was all foreign to him that Jungkook wanted to run back to the ocean thinking his tail would grow back. He remembered why he was doing this though. For Jimin. He would have to endure these peculiar customs. If Jimin kissed him he would be human forever and have to get familiar with it either way. All that concerned he was that he'd have Jimin with him always.

 

Putting a shirt on had been as bizarre as wearing shoes. It was weird having so many layers on his body since all he had formerly was his tail. When he had dressed into the full ensemble, he suspected his look in the mirror. Jeonghee congratulated herself on picking something that made his red locks stand out. Mers would be scandalized by looking at him. He smiled positively as he exited his chambers while trailing behind Jeonghee.

 

Now he would be presenting himself to Jimin, his life mate. They would have their first meal together, not alone, but still. Jungkook wanted to look nice for Jimin and Jeonghee thought so. Jungkook would up the outlandishness of it.

 

At a slow pace he stepped away from the doorway and was brought into the light. He swallowed as Jimin's eyes landed on him. He held firmly into hope that Jimin liked what he saw.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

 

"Oh Jimin..." Sungwoon didn't know where his words were. One glance at his friend and the savior was definitely out of his head. "Isn't he a vision?"

 

Sungwoon's words suggested something other than friendly emotions towards someone who appeared well dressed. Jimin had no words. The boy did look phenomenal. He felt like his thoughts were betraying his heart. He could tell that when it came to "love" he was sold on the person who had saved him. This boy wasn't his rescuer but Jimin couldn't resist.

 

Wow, if my heart wasn't already stolen, Jimin thought in distraught.

 

He wanted to believe that he would find the young man who had prevented him from drowning. It didn't help that his parents were pressuring him to marry a girl or that he had no lead on his savior. Seeing this red haired boy in all black was not helping him either.

 

The boy's red hair. His creamy, flawless skin. His doe dark eyes. His beautifully sculpted body. Everyone would be making a mistake to ever reject such a beauty. Jimin felt like an imbecile for thinking this way towards this stranger when all he had been yearning for was the stranger who saved him with the rich voice.

 

Could and would he pass up on someone that was right in front of him?

 

Jimin had felt his mouth go dry. He cleared his throat, "You look wonderful." He said too quickly.

 

"Come, come, you must be famished," Sungwoon said sending Jimin a look.

 

Jeonghee stepped out of the room as the boy moved towards the table. Jimin pulled the chair on the right for the red haired pretty boy who express thanks him with a nod and sat down. Jimin saw the visible blush on the boy's face. For an instance, he pondered on the thought that this boy might find him interesting.

 

Probably not, Jimin scolded himself. No male would be open about liking other males. The boy probably hasn't been complimented like that before. Which didn't sound right to him.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Sungwoon gazed upon Jimin, "It's not often when we have guests, is it?" While the two humans are engaging in their own chat, Jungkook felt useless slightly.

 

He couldn't talk so he had nothing to say. Why did IU have to take his voice? Opinions didn't matter according to her but humans talked just as much as mers did! Jungkook brushed it off. He got his legs so he’d have to endure it all. He wouldn't have been able to have this moment plus two days with Jimin if he had his tail.

 

Jungkook's eyes averted down where his silver plate was in front of him. On top of the white napkin cloth next to the plate was silverware. Jungkook was left mouth opened when he spotted a dinglehopper. He picked it up and recalled what Jaehyun had told him about the human object.

 

Humans use it to straighten their hair. He familiarized with the human things so it only made sense that he dove further into their lifestyle.

 

Jungkook confidently began combing his hair with the dinglehopper. He was laid back since he had known about it that he hadn't realized that the two humans in the room observing him. Both were thunderstruck by what they were seeing.

 

The red haired merman caught the two pairs of eyes and his cheeks went crimson. He was nervous. Jimin's and Sungwoon's dinglehoppers hadn't left their cloths. Jungkook set his down with an uncomfortable smile plastered on his face.

 

Sungwoon cleared his throat and withdrew a snarfblatt. Jungkook brightened at the sight of the human object. Perhaps he could fix his mistake since he knew how to use a snarfblatt too. Sungwoon had seen Jungkook's joy.

 

"Uh, do you like it?" Sungwoon gave the object to Jungkook who held it assertively in his hands. "It's actually fin—" Jungkook blew into the snarfblatt just for the contents to blow into Sungwoon's face.

 

"Oh my!" Jeonghee exclaimed. She had plates in her hands. Jimin chuckled at what happened. She caught Jimin's joy.

 

Jimin held out a napkin to Sungwoon, "Sorry about that, hyung."

 

Jeonghee intervened, "Jimin, that's the first time I've heard you laugh in a long time."

 

Sungwoon wiped his face, "Ha ha, very funny." When Jeonghee put the plates with food onto the table, he came up with an idea, "You can't spend your youth moping and waiting, Jimin. You should go do something."

 

Jimin was about to protest when his friend carried on with the topic. "Maybe you should show our guest our lovely Mikrokosmos?"

 

Jungkook thought of the idea before Jimin answered. He would be seeing more of what the human world was like. It sounded exciting! He would be closer to Jimin by the time they would be spending together. Surely they would get close enough and form a bond to where attraction might grow on Jimin's behalf.

 

Jimin opened his mouth to reply when the dining room door opened and in came three guards. A man and woman, dressed majestically, entered the room. Jungkook could tell they were Jimin's parents due to the crowns on the man's and woman's heads.

 

"What are you doing, Jimin?" The king interrogated his son not so kindly. He wasn't patient for an answer either.

 

Jimin gulped, Jungkook missed the smile that had been on his face. Evidently there was tension between Jimin and his father, Jungkook didn't know why. It made him sad. Nonetheless if his own father didn't understand him, Jungkook was never feared him. He loved his father, king of the ocean, hopelessly which was why it hurt to leave his family behind. Jungkook wished this wouldn't stress his father like it did.

 

Why couldn't he just let him be happy?

 

"Appa, I'm having a meal with my friends..." Jimin retorted back, rising up from his chair. He motioned at Sungwoon and Jungkook, "That's all."

 

The queen's eyes averted to Jungkook. "Who's this? We've never seen him amongst your group of friends before, Jimin."

 

Jimin his lips, "I found him on the beach. With the generosity a prince should have, I invited him and let him stay in the castle for however long."

 

The king was appalled by his son's words, "You let a random commoner into the castle? He's a stranger for crying out loud, Jimin!"

 

Jimin shook his head, "I see him as a friend of mine now. I don't treat my friends below my birth status."

 

"We have things to discuss later, Jimin," the king forewarned his son. He sent Jungkook a disapproved look, "Befriend whoever you wish, for all I care." Both king and queen exited the room with their guards.

 

Jimin slowly sat back down. Jeonghee and Sungwoon looked down. Jungkook wanted to say something to Jimin that would put a smile on his face. His family might get along but Jimin's didn't it seemed. All he could do was smile and hope Jimin could somehow understand what he meant.

 

"You're not a low commoner, you're a friend of mine," Jimin spun to him. Jungkook blushed. Jimin changed the mood, he glimpsed at Sungwoon and then back at Jungkook, "Would you like to join me on a tour of my kingdom tomorrow?"

 

Jungkook nodded. He wanted his human prince to forget all about the intense situation with his family. Jungkook hoped that Jimin would be okay.

 

"Wonderful!" Sungwoon cried joyfully as he lifted his silverware, "Now let's eat before this crab runs away."

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Once night arrived Jungkook had felt so fatigued. He wished Jackson and Hoseok could join him on this journey but he knew his friends were crossing their fingers that he would do alright. Jaehyun had entered through his window just moments ago to check on him. His bird friend was officially on the list of those helping him to achieve this goal.

 

Jaehyun wandered around his room checking everything out while Jungkook had gone to the balcony. He closed his eyes and relaxed as he heard his home call out to him. The waves too addictive. It made him homesick. He did miss his family. It was the first time being without them. They all just needed to understand that he truly wanted this.

 

He hadn't noticed that Jimin was outside right beneath his balcony playing with Chimmy. Jungkook gulped when Jimin looked up at him and waved. Jungkook waved back before rushing inside in humiliation.

 

"Jackson-hyung gave me an overview of how he feels about all of this. I'm telling you, Kookie, he's a worrywart!" Jaehyun exclaimed with a head shake. "He kept complaining too! Tomorrow you have to make that prince kiss you. Bat your eyes; pucker your lips like this!" Jaehyun demonstrated just to find his friend sleeping on the bed.

 

Jaehyun chuckled lightly. He had so much to tell Doyoung when he came back. For now he was to focus on helping out Jungkook with his Prince Jimin. Jaehyun was determined to help out Jungkook like always. Jackson, Hoseok and him would aid him on making sure that Jungkook is kissed by his prince.

 

"Good night, Kookie," Jaehyun blew out the candle before transforming into a white swan and flying out from the balcony.

 

They all had an objective and a lot to go through tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡    くコ:彡    くコ:彡

 

This was the look I was going for when it came to Jungkook's dinner outfit: 

 

He looks so awesome in this outfit (✷‿✷)