Chapter 33

The Little Merman

 

Exhaustion and anticipation was all he felt at the moment. Tired from the chaos he had experienced and anticipated for Jimin to wake up. This time Jungkook wasn't on the sand with him. He was watching from afar on a rock that was nearby. Besides exhaustion and anticipation, Jungkook also felt fear.

 

Fear that Jimin would hate him. Fear that Jungkook would actually have to be wise about the next choice he'd make with Jimin.

 

Now that IU was dead neither had to fear of some evil sea witch coming after them. There were other things that wanted to tear them a part though. Jungkook gulped at the thought. He started considering things as he waited for Jimin to wake up for what felt like hours and still he'd wait.

 

Jimin's parents had been so quick to accept the marriage. They didn't like how Jimin was with him the night of the second day. Humans didn't accept relationships like that and it . Humans were different from Merfolk and that was one of the things - what they accepted and what they didn't. Jimin's parents wanted him to marry a girl and have children with her.

 

Jungkook would beg for not such event to take place but it wasn't up to him. Jimin should get to choose what he wanted to do without anyone pressuring him. Not only that but it was Jimin's life and his family. Jungkook could never ask him to do that. So in all reality Jimin only had two choices: his family or his freedom.

 

It's not like they could ever be together since they were from different worlds, bit Jimin wouldn't have to settle into a life. Jimin could find love with some other male and not worry about upsetting his parents. Jungkook wanted Jimin to be happy.

 

"Jungkook...?" He looked up from where he stared at his hands. Jimin had woken up and he was steadily making his way towards him.

 

Jungkook feared the human prince would fall. Luckily Jimin made it to the rock without stepping wrong. The merman blushed by how close they were again. It was calmer and he could indulge in this moment since they weren't being killed by anyone. It wasn't completely easy since there was another obstacle for them to face.

 

Jimin brushed his hair out of his face, "That was...Um, yesterday was eventful, wasn't it?" Two chuckled by how the word eventful didn't do justice when describing last night.

 

Jung apologized, "I'm sorry for dragging you into all that. I never wanted it to go that way."

 

Jimin tilted his head, eyeing the red tail, "Um...So how did you end up getting on that woman's bad side?"

 

Jungkook felt anxious. He would have to explain to Jimin what happened. He didn't think it'd come to that but he also wasn't anticipating the plan to kill IU.

 

"When I saved you I fell in love with you. I yearned to return to you. IU said she could give me legs, the payment being my voice." Jungkook explained.

 

Jimin nodded in understanding, "That's why she was able to control me to almost marry her." Jungkook felt more guilty of Jimin being troubled.

 

"If we kissed before sunset yesterday I'd remain a human forever," Jungkook imagined what ir would've been like. He grabbed Jimin's hands in his, "We'd be a part of the same world."

 

Jimin wasn't hesitant when he pulled Jungkook closer to him with their hands still intertwined. "Why can't we be together now? I know who you are."

 

Jungkook wished for his future to be with Jimin. Once before he went to IU, he thought something could be done. After all of this it felt like a dream impossible to come true. How could a human and mer be together? Jungkook wouldn't ever be able to move on, but Jimin could.

 

It's not like he didn't want to be with Jimin - he desired for that life. Before Jungkook didn't know all that was tugging Jimin away from him. His own family didn't want him to be happy. Jungkook could never tell Jimin to leave everything behind for him. He would never ask him to do that. Even if Jimin did they couldn't be together. They weren't from the same world.

 

Jungkook embraced Jimin tightly with his head on Jimin's chest, not wishing to release him, "Jimin, do you know that I have two males for parents? My umma, a merman, gave birth to me. It's not like that in the human world, is it?" He would cry soon.

 

Jimin gulped, rubbing circles on Jungkook's back. "It isn't. Your world and mine are so different. I'm guessing it isn't frowned upon like it is here?"

 

Jungkook shook his head, "No, it isn't." He lifted his head to gaze at the human he loved, "Jimin, you have to make a decision."

 

Jimin stiffened, "What are my options, Jungkook?" He didn't want to know.

 

"I love you, Jimin, I truly do. I'll never love anyone as I love you. My heart, body and soul belong to you and it'll always. That's how it's like for mers. Jimin, I want you to follow your heart. You don't wish to be king nor do you want to marry whatever girl your parents put in front of you. You shouldn't have to live forlornly."

 

Jimin took back his hands and gently Jungkook's face adoringly, "What do you mean, Jungkook?"

 

"You either choose the life you've always lived or the life where you make your own choices. Forget about me, fall in love with someone and be happy with them. Don't imprison yourself. I want you to live happily." Jungkook said truthfully though he wouldn't be there with Jimin.

 

Jimin had tears falling from his eyes; he didn't want it to be like this. He sensed what was to come. "Stay with me, Kook, please."

 

Jungkook put his hands over Jimin's, "I want to, I really do, Jimin. But can't you see? I tried to be with you and I just ended up messing so much stuff up. I don't want to ruin your life, Jimin."

 

"You didn't and would never. You've made me so happy, Kook. You love me and I love you. Why must soulmates be torn from each other? It's cruel."

 

Jungkook understood what Jimin wanted - he longed for the same. "You have to choose, Jimin. You have-"

 

Jimin was about to shut Jungkook up with a kiss until they heard a familiar male voice call out Jimin's name.

 

"JIMIN! Jimin, is that you?!" It was Sungwoon who was on the beach. Jimin spun his head to see his friend and waved to him. He hadn't seen Jungkook dive into the ocean.

 

When Jimin turned around expecting to see Jungkook he widened his eyes. The merman was gone. Jimin felt his heart ache by the absence of the red haired male he loved.

 

"Jungkook! " Jimin called out. He screamed at the top of his lungs with more tears staining his cheeks, "JUNGKOOK!" 

 

It wasn't a completely joyous day.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

"What is the issue, Joon?" Jin questioned his husband as they had witnessed the heartbreaking moment between Jimin and Jungkook. Namjoon told him that must've been the human Jungkook fell in love with.

 

Originally their plan had been to go right back to Atlantis when Namjoon realized they had forgotten one person. Jackson and Hoseok stayed back with them, curious to see if Jungkook's whereabouts as well. They found the red haired prince watching Jimin as he lay unconscious on the beach. Obviously Jungkook was waiting for Jimin to awaken.

 

It took time for Namjoon to figure out what was really wrong in this situation. Only moments ago Jin told him that Soojin told him that human males didn't give birth and same gender relationships were looked down on as repulsive yet not rare. Jackson and Hoseok explained that IU used Jungkook's voice to hypnotize Jimin into falling in love with her but the woman kept her female form.

 

Humans didn't accept men being together or women being together. Namjoon couldn't imagine living a life like that. It would be stressful and might even be considered taboo. Namjoon didn't thank pirates for killing off countless mermaids in the past but Poseidon wouldn't have ever given some mermen the ability to carry children had the event never occurred. He wouldn't have Jin or his sons if the event never happened.

 

It wasn't like that on land. Only a man and woman should be together and ergo they'd produce children. Even if Jungkook was to live life as a human Jimin and he wouldn't live peacefully. There would be people wishing them ill because of loving someone. What was worse was that Jimin was the only child and a prince - Namjoon could comprehend the stress the human boy must be enduring. Jimin's life would be harder for loving a male and the next king.

 

"Jimin can either live the life his parents wish for him to live or decide the routes he wants to take," Namjoon said.

 

Jin frowned, "Poor Jimin. He can't win at life, can he?"

 

"If Kookie had been kissed before sunset he'd giving up things too. His family and the life he has here - where he wouldn't have to worry about others judging him." Namjoon have Jin a back hug, resting his chin on his husband's shoulder.

 

Jin exhaled, "Kookie will be hurting."

 

Namjoon didn't want such thing to happen but Jin spoke the truth. "Yes, he will suffer greatly. It'll be similar to what we've endured."

 

Jin covered his face with his hands at the utter sadness. He wouldn't wish this for anyone, including his beloved children. "Why must it be like this, Joon?"

 

Namjoon had many things to consider. Rather than answering to Jin, he closely watched Jimin's and Jungkook's interaction as the human prince had woken up and made his way to Jungkook. There were things to ponder on.

 

Foe the longest time the sea king believed humans to heinous creatures but he was proven wrong by Soojin's assistance. The human girl had no reason to help them besides that she felt guilty for Jin being imprisoned though she had been a child seeking for help. By what Jackson and Hoseok told him, Jimin had welcomed Jungkook into his castle without knowing who he was. They nearly kissed the second day on a rowboat ride.

 

Jimin didn't sound deceiving or wicked as he knew some humans to be. Namjoon wouldn't want Jungkook to ever be on land if it meant his son would face prejudice. By their moment, Jimin had no issue with Jungkook being a sea creature which was a good sign. Apparently it had been Jimin who hurt IU badly before Jin had burned the bracelet. Jimin was a good human and had assisted them in eliminating IU from any future problems.

 

Even after Jungkook jumped back into the ocean Namjoon declared that this wasn't over. There were matters he had to discuss with Jin about Jimin's and Jungkook's relationship.

 

"I'm sorry, Kookie," Namjoon turned to see Hoseok embracing Jungkook while offering comfort to soothe his friend.

 

Jungkook didn't want to cry but the tears came out quick, "It was something that needed to be done, hyung...I had to."

 

Hoseok rubbed his thumb over Jungkook's cheeks to wipe away the tears. He gave him a hopeful smile, "Have hope, Kookie, always have hope."

 

Jungkook sniffled. For the first time in a long time he didn't know what to hope for. "For what, hyung? What do I have faith in now?"

 

"That everything will turn out good. Something, anything, will bring that joy back in your heart." Hoseok replied, his smile never leaving his face.

 

Namjoon gulped when Jungkook looked over to Jin and him. Namjoon had his own peace to make with Jungkook but right now he wanted his youngest to react to seeing his mother after so many years. Jungkook and everyone else thought Jin was dead and there'd be mixed reactions when they made it back to Atlantis.

 

Slowly Jungkook swam towards Jin with his eyes attached to his mother. It was as if the youngest prince was expecting his mother to vanish into thin air - as if he was just a figment of his imagination he made in his head.

 

"Umma," Jungkook faintly called out to his mother. He couldn't believe that IU wasn't lying.

 

Jin gazed upon Jungkook just as he had when his youngest had been born. The queen debated on holding his arms out for his baby to take. He couldn't blame him if he didn't. It was his entire fault that he had been away for so long. He didn't deserve the love and forgiveness from his children. He wouldn't expect it of them either.

 

If they couldn't resolve things today, Jin prayed that one day later in life they would.

 

Jin hadn't anticipated Jungkook to hold him strongly. Stunned by his youngest son's reaction, Jin hugged Jungkook back as his son trembled and sobbed. He might gain the same reaction from his other son's. Namjoon told him when he said he had died Taehyung and Jungkook cried while Yoongi was emotionless by the news.

 

He could only hope they could pacth things up.

 

Calmingly, Jin spoke, "I know, Kookie, I've missed you too, love." There were tears in his eyes as well. He sniffled, "It's been too long."

 

Not looking up, Jungkook stammered, "H-how, U-Umma..." Jin smiled when he saw Jungkook's innocent baby eyes looking up at him, his lips trembling, "How?"

 

"It's a long story, Kookie," it was the humblest answer he could give his son at the moment. There'd be a time to give details. "All you need to know right now is how sorry I am for being away for so long."

 

Jungkook rubbed his wet eyes with the back of his hands, "We all missed you a lot, Umma...I don't know if I'm angry, happy or sad...So much has happened today."

 

Namjoon approached his husband and son, he advised Jungkook, "That's why we should go home and settle down calmly. It's been action packed."

 

Jungkook looked at his father with compassion. He blamed himself for the trouble he's caused. He loved Jimin so much but maybe something could've been worked out if he hadn't gotten to IU for help?

 

"Oh Appa, I'm really sorry for the madness I've caused. I'm sorry for running away too." Jungkook was sincerely apologetic for stressing everyone out. He'd be making an apology to people back home too, particularly his brothers.

 

Namjoon pecked Jungkook's forehead and sent his son a loving smile. He just wanted his youngest son back with him.

 

"That doesn't matter, Kookie. You've returned to us in one piece. I just wanted you back home." Namjoon told Jungkook so he would stop blaming himself and putting this guilt on his shoulders.

 

Jungkook thought about the positive of the situation. He was going back home. "Let's go home."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

A successful family reunion! 

But there's still more to come such as Jin reuniting with his other two sons 

 

Vhope of course 

 And then of course Jikook's story still isnt over 

So it's still not over yet (✿^‿^)