Chapter 7

The Little Merman

                             

"A hurricane is coming! Stand fast! Secure the rigging!" A sailor yelled from the boat.

 

The storm was coming fast. Immense, sharp winds were in the atmosphere. The skies darkened and rain began hammering from above like cats and dogs.

 

The vast wind ended up taking Jaehyun up in the air. Jungkook witnessed his winged friend fly farther and farther away from him. As of right now his friend wasn't his thoughts. The red-haired prince was more troubled with the handsome human. Due to the storm, Jungkook ended up falling off the ship and into the ocean.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

The ship crashed through the storm. Lightning bolts started lightening up the dark sky. Ultimately the ship had caught on fire due to the lightning. No one had seen the rock in advance. Deprived of time to dodge it, the ship crashed into the rock and there was more destruction.

 

Some sailors threw the lifeboat onto the ocean and one by one everyone jumped into it as the flames engulfed the entire ship. Jimin saw that time was running out. He grabbed Chimmy and edged him towards the edge of the ship. Sungwoon had his arms out ready to catch the dog.

 

"Jump, Chimmy! Cone on boy, you can do it! Jump!" Jimin encouraged his furry friend. Luckily, Chimmy jumped off the ship and fell perfectly into Sungwoon's arms.

 

As the prince was running towards the edge to jump his foot got stuck on the board. All of Jimin's friends were waiting for their friend to jump. Soon the ship would be nothing about remains in the ocean.

 

"Jimin!" Sungwoon called out to his friend as held onto Chimmy firmly and securely.

 

Without prior knowledge, the whole ship explodes and the sailors are traumatized. No one could survive an explosion like that. Their thoughts had gone into full tragedy. They had lost their friend.

 

"JIMIN!" Sungwoon screamed as he saw the pieces of the ship scattered all over the water. There had to be some way, there had to.

 

Taemin placed a hand on Sungwoon's shoulder, "Maybe he'll end up being washed up ashore? We have to get back to land!"

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

So much had happened that he didn't know what to piece together. He was back in the water with Jackson and Hoseok. The storm had been a shock and then seeing the ship set aflame and explode made Jungkook worry. He went back up to the surface even though he was being influenced to go back home.

 

"Jungkook!" Jackson called out to him.

 

Jungkook's mind went back to the handsome black haired prince that was on the ship. The prince had to be with his friends. He spotted a boat row away but he didn't know if the prince was with them. Just to be sure, he looked around.

 

His eyes caught someone that was sinking down to the ocean. With interest, Jungkook swam towards the person. The man had gone completely underwater which was a plus for Jungkook since it was no struggle for him since he happened to be a sea creature. Jungkook gulped. It was the handsome prince!

 

Jungkook wrapped his arms around the unconscious prince. His cheeks went pink since he was holding onto the handsome man. The mer prince tried to avoid those thoughts since it wasn't important at the moment. He had to get this prince onto land. In a tussle since the prince was muscular, Jungkook swam until he found land which took until the dark skies became lighter again.

 

Jackson was biting his fingernails as he watched Jungkook in the water with Hoseok. Astonishingly, Jaehyun returned. The white swan morphed into his human figure, including his large white wings. Jungkook was only inches away from the water, his tail touching the water. He laid the human prince on his back. Jungkook rested his hands on the young man's chest, wanting him to wake up.

 

"Do you think he's...dead?" Jungkook didn't want to think of that chance. In this situation he had to think of reality.

 

Jaehyun exhaled. He opened the prince's eyelids and got no response. "I, I dont know." He picked up the prince's left hand and put it to his ear. "I can't make out a heartbeat."

 

The prince's chest begun went up and down. Jungkook smiled. The prince was alive! "He's breathing, look!" Jungkook tentatively touched the human's cheek, "He's so beautiful..."

 

Jungkook sang as he the prince's face. All feelings emitted from his as he sang.

 

Jeogi meolliseo badaga deullyeo

Kkumeul geonneoseo supul neomeoro

Seonmyeonghaejineun geugoseuro ga

Take my hands now

You are the cause of my euphoria

 

Jackson and Hoseok were taken back by the beautiful melody that Jungkook composed just for the human. Hoseok had never met the queen of the ocean, but Jackson saw memories come right back to him.

 

Jungkook without doubt inherited so much from his mother. It brought grief to him that the queen had passed on so young and that his sons had to bear such a misfortune when they were only children. Jackson could see Jin smiling down at Jungkook. If only Namjoon had heard Jungkook.

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

As if the human prince had been brought back to life, Jimin stirred and his eyes opened up. The illumination of the sun blinded him as soon as his eyelids opened. It hadn't been the smell of the ocean, the heat or the blinding light.

 

The melodious voice that filled his eardrums is what woke him up. His body was aching however he yearned to see who possessed such intoxicating voice.

 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Euphoria

Take my hands now

You are the cause of my euphoria

 

The sweet voice sang once more. Jimin felt someone touching him. His face was being caressed too.

 

Who could this be?

 

Barking ruined the moment. The familiar yapping came from his beloved dog, Chimmy. And he could hear someone calling his name which was none other than Sungwoon.

 

Whoever had been singing left since no one was touching him anymore. His eyes adjusted to the light and he opened them widely. He moaned in pain and turned to his right to see Chimmy running towards him with Sungwoon following right behind.

 

To try and find the person with the mellifluous voice, Jimin turned around to see if anyone else was on the beach. No one else was present. It almost felt like a dream but it wasn't.

 

Jimin leaned into Chimmy when his dog him ecstatically. Jimin nuzzled his face onto the white fur and exhaled. Sungwoon came to him and assisted him. He had to bring up the person with the rich voice.

 

"You really like to make me worry, don't you, Jimin?" Sungwoon lightheartedly questioned his friend.

 

Jimin was still looking around, "A male..." Yes, it had been a young man that had saved him. The voice belonged to a boy. "...He had the most beautiful voice I've ever heard..."

 

Sungwoon tittered, "I think you hit your head too hard when you ended up on land, my friend. Come on, Chimmy!" Chimmy followed the two males.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Jungkook observed everything. He jumped back into the water once Jimin's friend and his dog came in sight. Jungkook’s desire was to stay with the handsome human but he couldn't. Humans and mer weren't a part of the same world for a reason. Shorn of knowing what they'd do to him he couldn’t make himself known.

 

He had never met a human before and had never been so close. Once upon a time he had spotted some on land but kept his distance. His entire life he’d been warned to never go near the land where humans, vile beasts as his father titled them, would be. Jungkook was starting to change his mind now that he's met Prince Jimin in some way.

 

"This didn't happen, understood? Should've never happened and won't be mentioned to the king. As long as he doesn't know we'll have our lives to hold onto, do I make myself clear?" Jackson said as he eyeballed Jungkook who was still watching the prince.

 

Hoseok beamed at Jungkook, "That was beautiful, Kookie. Your appa would've loved it!"

 

"If he ever sings such song again it can never be for this human! Now, let's go back!" Jackson instructed them as he swam down just to come back up and saw the other two mermen where they were.

 

Jungkook swam near a boulder that rose up. He climbed up it, singing tenderly.

 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Euphoria

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Close the door now

When I'm with you I'm in utopia

 

Jungkook sang at full volume, his eyes attached to the human prince, as a large wave crashed down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

This was one of my favorite parts to write. It's a nice scene in the movie so I hope I did good trying to write about emotions well. Tell me what you guys think, hope you're enjoying and comments are loved <3