Chapter 13

The Little Merman

 

He psychologically equipped himself for what was to arise. Moonbyul went off to her mate at their shared home. A mermaid, present to help Solar, notified Moonbyul that the baby would be arriving soon. Jackson wished the blonde haired mermaid as she swam fast to her mate to welcome their child.

 

He would've gone inside the throne room but he could hear Namjoon talking with a guard about the perimeters of Atlantis. No one was allowed to interrupt the king and therefore Jackson was staying where he was until the guard left and it was his turn to talk to Namjoon, which he was dreading heavily.

 

As he stood waiting, unpredictably the two older princes came up to him. Yoongi was the first to question, "Jackson, what are you doing?"

 

Jackson felt his mouth go dry, "I'm going to be talking with your appa soon, why?" Soon enough Yoongi and Taehyung would know of their brother's love.

 

Taehyung wrinkled his nose, "About what?"

 

Jackson's pale face told the older princes it wasn't something good. "Jungkook."

 

Yoongi grinned as if he knew what Jackson meant, "Let me guess, it's about Jungkook being in love, correct?"

 

He could visualize Namjoon's enraged eyes once he found out what his baby son was in love with. No mermaid or merman.

 

"More or less..." Jackson replied, dodging eye contact from the two prince's. He didn't want to be the one to tell them.

 

Taehyung had been inaudible for a second and his cheeks went pink. Jackson and Yoongi noticed this. Evidently the blue haired prince was thinking about something not so pure.

 

Yoongi broke the silence, "Tae is engaged." Taehyung sent a glare at his older brother who gave him his signature gummy smile.

 

Jackson wished he could be more contented for Taehyung but all he could think about was that he hadn't said farewell to his family. Surely Namjoon would want him lifeless when finding out that Jungkook loved a human. It was a fact that Taehyung would he getting married sooner than Jungkook since there'd be no way that Namjoon would he accepting a human as his family.

 

"Amazing, really...Good for you, Taehyung," Jackson didn't use formalities when with the boys. They were like nephews to him since Namjoon and he were like brothers.

 

No brotherhood is going to stop your death sentence, Jackson warned himself.

 

"Do you think you can guess the lucky mer?" Yoongi said with a smirk as Taehyung bore holes in his head.

 

Jackson couldn't think who Taehyung fancied. He could write up a list of mermaids and mermen who fancied him though. So many mers were in love wirh Taehyung's deep voice. On more than one occasion, Jackson unfortunately overheard mers mention how they'd want the blue haired prince to say their name and how his voice was.

 

Nevertheless of his deep voice, Taehyung was a handsome merman. Both older princes were eye-catching. They got their masculinity voices from their father. Then there was Jungkook, a beautiful merman, his beauty and soft intoxicating voice being inherited from Jin. Jackson could tell that they would all have numerous admirers.

 

Namjoon and Jin had an equivalent amount of admirers for the exact same reason. Namjoon was a gifted, handsome prince. Jin was had a beautiful voice and face. Mermaids and mermen wanted Namjoon for his power to have everything while others wanted Jin was his beauty. The princes would be desired for the same reason as their parents.

 

There was not one name that popped into his head when it came to Taehyung's engagement. "I can't think of any names."

 

"Hoseok." Yoongi revealed.

 

Jackson wasn't too shaken up by Yoongi's response. Hoseok was Jungkook's best friend and so was no stranger to anyone. It had been tragic what happened to his family. Jackson couldn't imagine the pain the green tailed merman bore. Hoseok had a different, yet pleasant singing voice and he was unceasingly creating songs as he was making people smile.

 

It was a fitting match. Taehyung wouldn't ever have to worry about being sad or angered since Hoseok would be there.

 

"Hoseok is a good, respectable merman. Your appa will be pleased to call him his future son." Jackson's words put a smile on Taehyung's face.

 

Yoongi patted Taehyung's shoulder to stiffen the resolve of whatever was bothering him. Jackson somehow doubted Taehyung wasn't worried about what Namjoon would say about Hoseok. He would leave it a mystery for now.

 

"Your turn." The guard said to Jackson as he exited the throne room. Jackson gulped. The two princes were excited for no reason. Once they found it was a human Jungkook was in love with, they'd be speechless.

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Today had been a peculiar one indeed. When he had begun his lessons to be king when he was way younger than Jungkook, Namjoon had an idea that he would be stressed and all over the place. It had been nothing when Jin had been present to watch over the children while he dealt with the responsibilities of ruling a kingdom. It wasn't child's play like some mers thought it to be.

 

His duties had never strained Jin's and his marriage. Namjoon had made sure to let Jin know what was expected of him long before they had married. Jin took the duties of a queen precisely. Jin recognized that wearing the king's crown had a steep price. Namjoon didn't plan his life out; he was born into it. Above and beyond, if he had eloped with Jin, there might have been a chance of IU getting what she always wanted.

 

Either way, he had a list of things to do today. He had gone over any situations that had arisen in the kingdom which was not much. Then there was Chaeyoung stressing the postponed concert and she always leaned close to him when they discussed things. Namjoon was taken by a beautiful traitor and he didn't want to remarry. He only wanted Jin even though they so far away from each other. Namjoon had no time to hunt IU or deal with Chaeyoung's attraction towards him.

 

Last but not least he wanted to get down to Jungkook who was in love. At the moment the kingdom and his sons were his main concern. It's marvelous that Jungkook had found someone to love him and who he can love back. He had called for Jackson since his best friend had been keeping an eye on his youngest. For certain Jackson would know who has stolen Jungkook's heart.

 

"Hmm...I wonder who it is," Namjoon said inquisitively. He noticed Jackson entering the room, "Jackson!"

 

Jackson slowly moved toward his best friend, he smiled, trying not to sound jumpy, "Namjoon."

 

"I believe you know why I asked you here." Namjoon said, raising his eyebrows. The king had no clue what he'd learn soon enough.

 

Jackson bit his lip hard till he could taste blood. He recalled he wasn't alone, "Uh..."

 

"About Jungkook?" Namjoon proposed. Noticeably the king couldn't tell that there was something off about how his friend was acting.

 

Jackson shuddered, "What about Jungkook?"

 

"Haven't you seen him distracted? What's you say up in the clouds? Daydreaming? Humming a joyous tune." Namjoon had made a grand observation.

 

Jackson nodded, "Yes, he's been...Uh, excessively in a good mood." As if he was trying to he subtle about it.

 

"You've yet to inform me of something, Jackson," Namjoon gave him a warning look. Jackson stiffened.

 

Jackson his lips, "Yet to inform you?"

 

"About Jungkook?" Namjoon reminded his best friend. Jackson wouldn't be able to hide anything anymore. Jungkook wasn't making things stress-free and Jackson knew the secret would be difficult to keep. "Him being in love?"

 

Jackson broke down. He tugged at his dark locks and felt the tears come to his eyes. He had known Namjoon since they were only children! How could he keep such a massive secret like this? Especially when it did have to do with life and death. They all knew how keen and adventurous Jungkook. What if he actually tried to go to the land and meet with this human? He could die!

 

Another loss for Namjoon and it would be Jackson's fault. If only he had told him.

 

"I tried, Namjoon, I swear! He wouldn't listen though. Humans are horrible creatures and I told him to stay away!" Jackson swore as he kept his head down.

 

There was a mixture of emotions rousing inside of the sea king. First it was bafflement since he didn't know what Jackson was talking about. It took no time to finally put all the pieces and Jackson's words together. Namjoon tightened his grasp on the trident and his blood simmered. Now he was fuming.

 

"Humans?" Namjoon questioned calmly. Jackson looked up to see Namjoon's wrath. "Who said anything about HUMANS?!"

 

Jackson started biting agitatedly at his nails. He had created an enormous error.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

I love Rapmon's and Jackson's friendship so much. I love watching BTS and GOT7 together. They look awesome in this pic <3