Chapter 6

The Little Merman

 

Jackson was absorbed by Jungkook's magnificent voice and his depressed but joyful song that he started bumping into all sorts of things. He fell down with what was surrounding him, creating a loud commotion, interfering the moment and catching Jungkook's and Hoseok's attention.

 

Jungkook hadn't expected to see his father's right-hand man and best friend, "Jackson?!"

 

Jackson had come to terms that though this was all great for Jungkook, but it was all poisonous to the young prince.

 

"What are you thinking, Jungkook? I'm so lost and shocked! What is this stuff?" Jackson expressed the emotions in him.

 

Jungkook debated for a second before speaking, "Uh... It's my collection?"

 

Jackson found it hysterical how Jungkook seemed so unperturbed about this. "Huh, collection, yes...NAMJOON WOULD BE ENRAGED!"

 

"You can't tell the king!" Hoseok shouted.

 

Jackson planted his hands on his hips, "And why shouldn't I? This is ALL insanity!" He couldn't believe what he was looking at.

 

Jungkook pleaded, "Please don't say a word to him, Jackson...He doesn't understand any of this. And he won't."

 

"Jungkook, you've had a...Action-packed day? Come back to the castle and rest. This is all too much for a prince at your age." Jackson recommended.

 

Before Jungkook got to answer, something shielded the light that was at the ceiling. They were all staring up, but it was only Jungkook that truly had intentions of wanting to figure out what it was.

 

"What was that?" Jungkook asked. His eyes up where this surface was. Without waiting for a response, the prince swam up. He didn't even listen to Jackson calling out to him.

 

When Jungkook arose from the surface he was astonished by what his eyes looked upon. There was a loud noise and lights in the sky. There was a ship that was sailing right in front of him and there were fireworks being coming from the ship.

 

Soon Jackson and Hoseok arrived.

 

Jackson saw that Jungkook came up to the ship and hopped onto it and climbed near an opening. He could tell that wasn't a good idea. He was given one job and it felt like he was nowhere near accomplishing it.

 

"Jungkook, get back here!" Jackson called out before having to get near the ship too with Hoseok.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Jungkook couldn't believe what he was seeing. It was humans. They were all on the ship. Some of them were dancing, others were singing and others were holding objects that were making noise. He couldn't believe his eyes. All of the men looked jolly as they were singing gaily and dancing freely with each other or alone.

 

He didn't get to look around much when he felt his face being by something. Jungkook giggled as the creature pulled away and he was met by a white face and a creature with four legs. Jungkook pondered what the thing was until he heard a voice.

 

"Chimmy, here boy! Hey come on, buddy, what are you up to, huh Chims? Good boy." Jungkook's eyes found the voice and he was struck.

 

Never before had Jungkook felt the feelings that were inside of him. The young man that was with the creature named Chimmy was tremendously handsome. His hair was as black as the depths of the ocean, his skin healthily pale and his eyes just as dark as his hair. He definitely had an amazing body particularly with how loose his white shirt was and how tight his black trousers were.

 

Jungkook didn't know what this emotion was. But he felt like he wanted to get to know the handsome human and not leave him. He surmised that this was how his parents felt for each other. Did that mean he loved this human?

 

He couldn't even think correctly as he gave this handsome stranger his exclusive attention.

 

"Hey there, buddy, quite a show, huh?" Jungkook jumped to see Jaehyun holding onto the ship like him.

 

Jungkook went back to the human who had stolen his heart, "Jaehyun-hyung, you don't want them to hear you, so turn it down a notch?"

 

Jaehyun nodded, "Of course, of course." The bird human hybrid was hyperactive though, "We're out to discover!"

 

"Hush!" Jungkook put his hand over Jaehyun's mouth before looking back at the human. "I've never seen a human this close before...He's handsome, isn't he?"

 

Jaehyun looked and his eyes landed on Chimmy, he disagreed, "If you're into a slobbery, hairy ones I suppose."

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Not that one! The one playing the snarfblatt."

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Ha Sungwoon, a respectable friend of Prince Jimin of Mikrokosmos, had everything prearranged. At first the gift he was going to give to his best friend was for his wedding. Nevertheless plans had changed when Jimin didn't end up tying the knot with Princess Seulgi of Zimzalabim. He didn't want to try to pressure his friend, but it had been what his parents wanted.

 

The whole reason they had gone off on the ship today was to rejoice Jimin's eighteenth birthday. King Hyoshin and Queen Sejeong weren’t fond of the idea of course. The king and queen thought that their only son should be taking voyages to other kingdoms with unwed daughters not celebrate his birthday with a bunch of friends.

 

Sungwoon sympathized with Jimin. It was visible that Jimin wasn't awestruck with the limitless girls his parents pressured him to meet. He had a theory why, but he kept it to himself. Sungwoon knew what the kingdom thought about relationships such as those. It was taboo and no one ever publicized that they enjoyed the company of the same gender.

 

Questioning Jimin earned him the silent treatment for a week. Sungwoon swore to never ask again. Maybe Jimin was, who cares? The luckless thing was that he was a prince. This meant he would involuntarily marry a girl and have an heir. Jimin would live an unhappy life. None of them wanted that for him.

 

Sungwoon prayed that Jimin would remember times like now. He wouldn't always be despaired about life. He would have some good memories.

 

Sungwoon cleared his throat, "Silence, friends! It's my pleasure to present a, EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE gift, to our Prince Jimin."

 

Jimin's cheeks went pink, "Hyung, you didn't have to."

 

"I know, but I'm too good of a friend, aren't I?" He sniggered and one of the sailors pushed something covered by a sheet. Sungwoon removed the sheet, "Happy Birthday, Jimin!"

 

Standing right in front of Jimin was a statue. Of himself. He was thunderstruck by what he was looking at. His other friends felt the same.

 

Kai almost dropped his glass of wine, "Wow..."

 

Taemin shook his head, "That's definitely not cheap."

 

"I kind of want one of my own." Moonkyu said as he gazed into the eyes of his friend. It was kind of disturbing.

 

Jimin rose from where he sat on a barrel. He didn't know whether to be content or startled by the thing. Where was he going to put it?

 

"It's really something, Sungwoon-hyung." Jimin said.

 

Sungwoon shrugged with ease, "It was to be a wedding present, but seeing as those plans didn't go as expected..."

 

Jimin grumbled, "Again with the princess of Zimzalabim, huh?" He started walking on the way to where Jungkook and Jaehyun were, the both of them ducking down.

 

Sungwoon pursed his lips, "We want you to be happy, Jimin, that's all. You'll be glad once you settle down."

 

Jimin looked at the sea, "I haven't found that person yet...But they're out there...I just haven't found them yet."

 

Sungwoon noted how Jimin wasn't being unambiguous about a boy or girl. He clasped his hands, "Maybe you aren't looking hard enough?"

 

Jimin chuckled, "Trust me, hyung, when I find them I'll know without a doubt...It'll just - bam! - hit me like lightning." As if on cue lighting was seen and thunder was heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

Jimin would really play an awesome Prince Eric 

(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) 

*sighs* I ship Jikook so much (✿ ♡‿♡)

And then there's awesome friend Sungwoonie (◍•ᴗ•◍)