Chapter 4

The Little Merman

 

Oblivious to both of the mermen who were swimming hurriedly back to Atlantis, they were being snooped on by two eels, Hyolyn and Bora. Their shining eyes were by some means linked to the magic of their master, IU. Speaking of the sea witch, IU was looking through her glass ball where she could see Jungkook and Hoseok swimming.

 

IU was sitting inside of a large shell that was a dark abyss where she sat. "Swim back home, little prince. We wouldn't want to miss appa’s concert, now, would we? More like a waste of time!"

 

The sea witch had a massive clam shell opened far and wide with live shrimp inside. Scared stiff by the threatening woman, the shrimp edged away. Either way one of them turned out to be IU's victim as she picked one up. "In MY day, we feasted and bantered when I lived in the palace. Getting things done was more important than concerts." She popped the shrimp into , chewing away.

 

IU theatrically lies on her back, "And now, look at me – banished and exiled – in my lair wasting away. I’m meant for better things than this."

 

She got out of the shell, "And then Namjoon. He and his flimsy fish-folk celebrate. Well, I'll give them something to celebrate soon enough. Hyolyn! Bora!" Both of her eels listened closely to their master. "I want you to keep an extra close watch on this pretty little son of his. He may be the key to Namjoon's undoing..."

 

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

 

In the throne room were Namjoon, Jackson, Jungkook and Hoseok. It had been an hour since Jungkook returned to Atlantis. As the prince predicted, the concert hadn't gone as according to plan. Since he wasn't present, they had to stop everything. Namjoon demanded that as an alternative of partying that they look for the youngest prince.

 

A search party was going to leave Atlantis when Jungkook arrived. Instantaneously, Namjoon sent everyone away and made sure someone told the citizens that they didn't need to keep searching and that the prince had come back home. Now Jungkook was being rebuked.

 

"I don't know what to do with you, Jungkook," Namjoon said with exasperation as he sat at his throne. He laid his hand over the bridge or his nose.

 

Jungkook sulked, candidly remorseful, "Appa, I'm sorry, I just forgot, I -"

 

"Due to your reckless and careless, unwanted behavior -" Namjoon was unpredictably cut off by Jackson.

 

Jackson shook his head, unenthusiastic of the youngest prince, "Reckless, careless and unwanted behavior!"

 

Namjoon continued, "The entire celebration, was..."

 

"It was ruined is how you'd put it, Namjoon," Jackson counselled his friend. He eyed the young prince, "The concert I spent time planning it just for my hard work down the drain! I'm the joke of the kingdom now!" Jackson barked.

 

Hoseok spoke up, "It wasn't Kookie's fault!" Three pairs of eyes were looking at him and he went on timidly, "Hehehe...I mean, the shark chased us and we tried escaping and we did, granted! Uh um...We were safe, which is good. Then we saw the bird man—"

 

Namjoon bowled over by Hoseok's words, "Bird man?" Putting the pieces together he looked to Jungkook, "You went up to the surface, didn't you?"

 

"Nothing happened!" Jungkook crossed his arms and pouted. He would have to go over future plans with Hoseok regarding keeping certain information between them.

 

Namjoon groaned heavily, "Oh Jungkook, how many times do I need to say this? You could've been spotted by those vile beasts!"

 

Jungkook gasped, "Appa, they're not vile beasts!"

 

"They're dangerous, Jungkook. Do you think I want my youngest son to be captured by those pieces of filth?" Namjoon questioned his youngest child.

 

Jungkook put his foot down, "I'm sixteen, Appa, not a baby. You can't treat me like a child."

 

Namjoon scoffed, "Don't speak that way to me, Jungkook. While you're living in my ocean, you will obey my rules!"

 

Jungkook tried, "But if you'd—"

 

“I will say this once, Jungkook. You are to NEVER go back up to the surface, do you hear me? Never! Do you understand me?" Namjoon had elevated his voice.

 

Jungkook needed to say much more, but he kept his mouth closed. His father wouldn't listen to him. His lips trembled as he began crying. Jungkook swam away with Hoseok behind.

 

"Teenagers are the worst, Namjoon. Jinyoung is past that age but BamBam likes to think he can do this and that. Who do they think they are?" Jackson ranted to his best friend.

 

Namjoon was beginning to doubt himself, "Do you think I was too harsh on him?"

 

Jackson looked disrespected, "Too hard? If anything you let him off easy, my dear friend."

 

Namjoon's eyes saddened, "Do you think...Do you think he would have done the same?"

 

Jackson glowered. He knew who his friend mentioned. He sighed, "Jin might have truly found no problem in it, but...It's not like that."

 

"Yeah..." Namjoon mumbled quietly.

 

Jackson cleared his throat, "If my sons began going up to the surface, I'd show them who's boss. Tight control, Namjoon, tight control."

 

Namjoon nodded, "You're right, Jackson, you really are..."

 

"You see?" Jackson didn't know why his friend didn't just listen to him all the time. It'd save them so much time.

 

Namjoon summed it all up, "Jungkook needs supervision."

 

"All the time." Jackson said.

 

Namjoon smirked, "And you're the mer for the job." It took a split second for Jackson to understand what his friend had said.

 

And of course there were restrictions to your best friend being a king. When Namjoon gave him this assignment, Jackson couldn't say no. He had to accept it.

 

He was ultimately going to be Jungkook's babysitter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

Deciding who would be Sebastian was fun and pretty easy. I knew it had to be a friend of Rapmon's so Jackson was perfect (✿^‿^)