Chapter 5

The Little Merman

 

Jackson swam down the corridor arranging things out in his head. Unquestionably Jungkook strayed away from Atlantis. He would have to make sure to tell Mark not to wait up on him since he was trapped playing hide-and-seek with the sixteen year old prince. He noted to advise his sons to certainly not pull a stunt like this. The only reason he was tolerating Jungkook was because he was employed the task. He wouldn't be stomaching this from his own children.

 

"How do I get into these sticky situations? I was made to advise and compose masterpieces, not babysit princes who won't follow rules." Jackson gibbered.

 

On the spur of the moment, he caught Jungkook and Hoseok sneaking off. He assumed they were off to their own devices. With his new job directly given to him by the king of Atlantis, Jackson followed. He didn't want to, but he wasn't going to go back on his word.

 

He would be following the damn prince. "What's he up to?" He didn't know that he would be swimming a bit far from the palace.

 

Jungkook moved a boulder and went through the small entrance with Hoseok before closing it. Jackson hid so the prince wouldn't see him. He hadn't been caught. Jackson knew how to get through since he saw the young prince enter his little lair.

 

Jackson inaudibly moved the boulder and entered. It was a large cave without a ceiling. What he saw inside of the cave astounded him. There was a smooth, boulder in the center but there were shelves all around the cave. Jackson swallowed when he saw all the items on the shelves.

 

Human things.

 

"Oh my gosh, no..." Jackson recalled that the last mer he knew that was so mesmerized by anything human had been Queen Jin. And that didn't end well. He listened to Jungkook and Hoseok.

 

Hoseok sat next to Jungkook, fretful for his friend, "Kookie, are you okay? He was a bit harsh."

 

Jungkook held onto the dinglehopper, "I wish he could feel how I feel...That he could understand all of this. Why can't he, hyung?"

 

Hoseok shrugged, "I guess not everyone can like difference. Humans are different from us. No tails or gills."

 

Jungkook went near the candelabra for candles but in place were two other items like the dinglehopper but differently formed. Neither had little sticks, one just a stick and the other had a round shape at the end. He placed the dinglehopper in the center.

 

Neoneun nae salme dasi tteun haetbit

Eorin sijeol nae kkumdeurui jaerim

 

Jungkook sang as he looked around his collection, all of the shelves entirely occupied.

 

Moreugesseoi gamjeongi mwonji

Hoksi yeogido kkumsok ingeonji

 

Jungkook swam up and touched dangling watches and chains with clocks.

 

Kkumeun samagui pureun singiru

Nae an gipeun gosui a priori

Sumi makil deusi haengbokaejyeo

Jubyeoni jeomjeom deo tumyeong haejyeo

 

Jackson observed and focused on Jungkook's voice. Peculiarly, he started feeling like he was enduring déjà vu. This reminded him too much of Queen Jin. Jungkook's voice was also as beautiful as Jin's. Jackson could disclose that the queen had a stunning voice (though he preferred Mark's) and could see the relation of the mother and son.

 

He picked up a pair of glasses and interestedly tried them on. When he saw things so close he took them off proximately. Why did humans wear these?

 

Jeogi meolliseo badaga deullyeo

Kkumeul geonneoseo supul neomeoro

 

Jungkook picked up a box and opened it for Hoseok to see. It was a box of pointy objects. Gloomily, he put it back.

 

Seonmyeong haejineun geugoseuroga

 

The red haired prince pulled his head back and looked up at the missing ceiling that showed a light.

 

Take my hands now

You are the cause of my euphoria

Euphoria

Euphoria

Take my hands now

You are the cause of my euphoria

Ooh yeah yeah yeah, oh

Ooh yeah yeah yeah, oh

Euphoria

Ooh yeah yeah yeah

Close the door now

When I'm with you I'm in utopia

 

Jungkook lay on the boulder with melancholy due to his tone, as if he was longing for something he couldn't reach.

 

Mujigaecheoreom jiwojin kkumeul chaja hemaet eulkka

Unmyeong gateun heunhan malgwa dalla

Apeun neoui nunbichi nawa gateun goseul boneun geol

Won't you please stay in dreams

 

Jungkook eyed a little music box with a couple figurine.

 

Jeogi meolliseo badaga deullyeo

Kkumeul geonneoseo supul neomeoro

Seonmyeong haejineun geugoseuroga

Take my hands now

You are the cause of my euphoria

Ooh yeah yeah yeah

 

Jackson investigated some more of Jungkook's collection. His eyes caught glass shaped sea life as such as crabs, shells, fish and others. This was all nothing like anything he's ever seen before. He only knew Jin had nothing bad to say about humans but he never saw a major collection like this.

 

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Jackson thought when he imagined both Jin and Jungkook.

 

Jungkook hugged himself and closed his eyes.

 

Euphoria

Take my hands now

You are the cause of my euphoria

 

The red haired merman swam all the way up to the ceiling and reached his hand out.

 

Morae badagi gallajin daedo

Geu nugai segel heundeureodo

Jabeun son jeoldae nochi mara jwo

Jebal kkumeseo kkaeeonaji ma

 

Gradually, Jungkook sat back on the boulder.

 

If only the red tailed prince knew what his future would behold. What else he would discover that lead him to something called love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

The cool thing about incorporating Disney with KPOP fanfics is that there's singing in both (•‿•) 

I was debating whether actually using music from the Little Mermaid but then I thought that this is my version of it so I can kind of change it up 

When it came to writing this part I was thinking, "Well if I'm not using music from the movie then there's still got to be singing." So I tried to think of all of Kookie's songs and instantly Euphoria came to mind 

Part of Your World and Euphoria are both lovely songs and they both have to do with love so I thought it'd be perfect so I really like how this turned out 

Tell me what you think about the story so far. Comments are loved <3