Chapter 1

The Little Merman

 

 

✯✯✯

11 Years Later


 

 

It was a festivity worth rejoicing in his belief. The factual nature of merfolk was the love to sing and produce a beautiful masterpiece whether or not it was for their mate. Taehyung would have favored more black and white but those two colors didn't signify merriment as the organizer, Son Chaeyoung, believed. Taehyung let the mermaid design as she did.

 

No one tried to hide their interest towards the merfolk king. Eleven years had gone by since the death of Queen Jin and all the other unashamed mermaids and mermen craved a shot at governing next to King Namjoon. His brothers and he saw their father dismissing those who desired to take their mother's place. They were obliged that their father was endlessly loyal to his one and true mate.

 

Taehyung didn't believe in second loves. Only one mer had one soulmate and that was that. Temptation existed but undoubtedly their father wasn't influenced. His heart belonged to a merman that had died long ago. Yoongi had told him that each second of the day their father was suffering since he didn't have his soulmate with him. Namjoon was strong for his sons and people.

 

He stole a look through the curtains and saw all the merfolk that were sitting down in the huge room waiting for the concert to begin. Taehyung and his brothers arranged something special. They all practiced together so the merfolk were in for a treat. Their father would be mesmerized as well. Yoongi, Jungkook and him never wanted to let their father down. Disappointment was no option.

 

Taehyung started practicing little bits of his song.


 

Naneun nal ireun geolkka

Anim neol ireun geolkka


 

He felt a tap on his shoulder. He rotated to see Lisa Manoban, a white tailed mermaid.

 

Lisa radiated, "Prince Taehyung, your appa is going to be announced soon. You should maybe get—" The mermaid was interrupted as someone spoke.

 

"And presenting the king of Atlantis, King Namjoon!" Taehyung and Lisa could hear the advisor, Jackson Wang, proclaiming loud and clear.

 

Taehyung saw his father waving at the merfolk as he sat near his own booth. He could see his Aunt Moonbyul and Chaeyoung next to him. It would be time for his brothers and him to be presented too. He could tell it was time when he heard the orchestra.

 

"Good luck!" Lisa applauded as she gave him the thumbs up as he swam away in the direction of where he should be.

 

Jackson's voice was heard again, "Here is the eldest son and heir to the kingdom, Prince Yoongi!" Cheers and claps were heard.

 

Taehyung could just envision his blonde haired and black tailed older brother bowing and waving at everyone with his gummy smile. He wished he could see it but he didn't want to blow his cover. He exhaled noisily as he waited for his own name to be announced.

 

"The second born son and prince of Atlantis, Prince Taehyung!" Jackson's enthusiastic voice rang.

 

Taehyung cleared his throat and smiled as the curtains moved away and he was on the stage while the audience cheered and grinned. One person he assumed would be there wasn’t. He tried not to think about while he waved at the audience and bowed towards his father who smiled proudly at him.

 

"Yoongi-hyung," Taehyung greeted Yoongi who was rolling his eyes. He stuck his tongue out at his blonde haired brother.

 

Jackson announced again, "And last but not least, the youngest prince of Atlantis, Prince Jungkook!" The same responses went off. Even Taehyung and Yoongi applauded. Their baby brother was supposed to arrive.

 

The noise died down as no one came from behind the curtain. Taehyung felt his mouth go dry as he saw mers from behind the curtain looking around. No one was coming out.

 

"What the hell?" Yoongi snapped as he turned to not see Jungkook. Taehyung and he observed their father who rose from his seat, "Oh ."

 

"JUNGKOOK!!!" Namjoon roared irritably as everyone began searching for the youngest prince.

 

Someone was busted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

It's so different seeing all 6 of Ariel's sisters in comparison to Kookie's only 2 brothers :P