Chapter 2

The Little Merman

 

Swimming through the shipwreck graveyards always gave Hoseok the chills but never him. The absolute silence and the wreckage of ships didn't fright him. If anything it was exhilarating to him. It was a treasure chest full of mysteries that he sought after the answers straight away. The objects left behind were what truly inspired him to keep returning.

 

Ever since he was a child he was adventurous (some might even say irresponsible) and unafraid of the unknown. Jungkook yearned for knowledge of the things he didn't know about. Every time he headed to the shipwreck graveyard he speculated what type of sailors that had been captaining the ships and what they used all of these left behind objects for. The objects that he collected nonstop.

 

With his little black bag and his blonde haired, green tailed best friend following in tow. Hoseok and he became friends when they were younger. The other merman was older than him but Jungkook respected the sparkling, ray of sunshine Hoseok was. All of that positivity rubbed onto him and he wanted to apply the same delight into his own life.

 

Jungkook's and his family's life had altered after the death of his mother. He had only been five but he loved his mother. Between his two parents he had been really close to him. Unlike Yoongi and Taehyung who had black tails like their father, he was born with a red tail. His mother had a pink tail so Jungkook always thought they were by some means linked in that funny way.


 

His mother was the most beautiful mer Jungkook had known. His voice was just as beautiful as his heart and soul. Jungkook had been brokenhearted the morning when his father confessed that their mother had passed away. There was a funeral and everything. Jungkook wouldn't stop crying and he thought there was no conceivable way to carry on.

 

Meeting Hoseok had been a start to a cheerier life. Jungkook came to terms that his mother was in a better place. His Aunt Moonbyul told him that his mother used to be so spellbound with humans and that he had a mini collection. It got the young merman thinking. He began exploring until he found the shipwreck graveyard.

 

Jungkook could grasp why his mother had been engrossed by the humans and all of their innumerable items. Over the years he started his own collection. It made him think that maybe, just maybe, his mother was closer to him even as he was dead. Jungkook missed him very much but he knew he couldn't dwell on his sorrows. Life was an unceasing thing. It never paused when calamities arose and neither should he.

 

"Why can't I just stay over here?" Hoseok wailed as he crossed his arms and hid behind the boulder.

 

Jungkook didn't know how he, the youngest one, was the boldest one. He rolled his eyes, "There's nothing to be terrified of Hobi-hyung. We've been doing this for so long."

 

"This place gives me the creeps, Kookie!" Hoseok cried as he looked at the younger merman. He didn't fathom why his best friend was so riveted by all of this. No mer had any use of human things.

 

Jungkook didn't care if Hoseok was fearful, he was going. He started swimming away, "Fine, you can watch out for sharks."

 

It wasn't until a few seconds after when Hoseok recognized what Jungkook had said.

 

"SHARKS?!" Hoseok swam as fast as his tail could take him towards Jungkook.

 

The red haired prince was giggling, "You're such a guppy, Hobi-hyung."

 

Hoseok gasped, "I'm not a guppy!"

 

"Yes, you are." Jungkook established while Hoseok kept disagreeing. They both went through a window from the side of the ship. There were glass shards scattered on the floor. As Hoseok entered he didn't notice the friend that had followed.

 

Once they were inside the ship Jungkook instantaneously went searching for anything eye-catching. He was far in the room while Hoseok was far behind quivering just by the creepy, dark abyss in the ship. He never was fond of anything eerie. He acknowledged that he was frightened of many things if it meant he didn't need to encounter them.

 

While he was swimming by he spotted a full skeleton of a sailor. He screeched and swam up and bumped into something from behind. All of a sudden debris was following from above and right into him and the ground.

 

"Jungkook!" Hoseok swam fast and tackled Jungkook onto the ship ground. He was trembling and he was pale as the image of the skeleton came back to him.

 

Hoseok loathed shipwreck graveyards.

 

Jungkook tittered and hugged his best friend. "You okay, Hobi hyung?" He was being earnest about his concern for his friend. He didn't want to give him a heart attack.

 

"Yeah sure, no problem, I'm okay," Hoseok quavered more rapidly as goosebumps were speckled all over his arms. Jungkook could tell his friend was trying his best to be courageous.

 

Jungkook detached his arms and placed a finger on his lips, "Shh." Slowly the both of them swam up towards a hole in the ceiling.

 

Once they went through the hole they were in another part of the ship. Jungkook's eyes landed on the floor where a sparkly little object with three little sticks attached. He was fascinated by it. He gasped and swam towards it with Hoseok following right behind.

 

"Oh my gosh! Have you ever seen something so wonderful in your life?" Jungkook asked his friend as he picked up the silver object.

 

Hoseok chuckled as he swam up, "Wow, cool!" He was dejected by not knowing what it was, "But what is it?"

 

Jungkook was still wholehearted by the discovery, "I don't know. But I bet Jaehyun-hyung will know!" Without them seeing it, a shark swam by the large window they were in front of.

 

Hoseok saw something at the corner of his eyes. He gazed at the window, "What was that? Did you hear something?"

 

Jungkook had no interest in what Hoseok was worrying about. He put the silver object in his bag. He turned and swam towards a brown, wooden hook cup thing. "Hmm. I wonder what this one is?"

 

Hoseok stood right in front of the window looking at Jungkook. Right behind him was a shark coming closer to the window, seeing the sight of a merman. "Jungkook."

 

The red haired prince was still looking around inquisitively, "Hyung, will you relax? Nothing is going to happen."

 

Bit by bit Hoseok spun around to look at the window. His eyes enlarged in terror at what he saw. The shark opened its mouth broadly and bit down, the glass window shattering into numerous pieces.

 

"Shark! SHARK!" Hoseok screamed as he swam away from the sea creature. Jungkook looked up from one of the items with surprise.

 

Hoseok was swimming around with the shark behind him. Once again he tackled Jungkook. As the shark came near them, Jungkook used his tail to kick a brown wooden table towards the shark. While the shark had been hit, the two started swimming away from the shark.

 

Both mermen went up towards the exit of the ship as the big shark followed them. While they were swimming the floor below them broke into pieces as the shark came from underneath. Hoseok yelled as they swam the other way. Jungkook's black bag got stuck to a piece of sharp wood from the floor.

 

When Jungkook saw his bag missing he went back to it. His objects he had composed seemed too significant. He clutched his bag and swam up with the shark following him. Luckily Hoseok had swum the other way and had more than likely gotten out of the ship.

 

Jungkook found Hoseok back in the first room they were at. Both mermen swam speedily towards the little round window they entered through. After Hoseok went through, Jungkook entered right after. Once they were out the shark busted through the little window causing a mess of wood all over the floor.

 

As they kept swimming they headed towards a long wooden stick that was stuck onto the floor. Jungkook had swum a different way while Hoseok had bumped into a long piece that was attached to the long stick. Overwhelmed by dizziness, Hoseok slowly began swimming down. The shark had followed Hoseok. With fear Jungkook tried beating the shark.

 

Hoseok approximately passed a large anchor. Jungkook went through the large circle attached to the anchor and seized Hoseok. The shark began swimming fast towards them. Jungkook timed it flawlessly. He dragged Hoseok through and the shark was right behind. As estimated the shark got stuck inside of the circle. Jungkook held Hoseok tightly as they watched the shark scuffle.

 

Jungkook picked up where he had put his bag on a neighboring flat rock. He took the bag while Hoseok stuck his tongue out at the shark. Jungkook had begun swimming up when Hoseok was staggered by almost getting chomped by the shark. Hoseok began following his friend.

 

"You're such a guppy, Hobi-hyung." Jungkook pestered his friend again.

 

Hoseok pouted, "No I'm not."


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

I love Hobi ( ◜‿◝ )♡

It took me a while to figure out where I wanted Hobi in the story. There had to be a Flounder character so it just made sense (•‿•) Hobi is a ray of sunshine so things really did align