Chapter 3

The Little Merman

 

On a rock there sat a young man with white feathers attached to his large wings as he sat down with a pirate's telescope while looking around the ocean. He was dressed in a loose white shirt and dark brown trousers. He held no knowledge on what the object was. He was the type who was keen on making findings with new objects. The wings attached to his back verified that he was no human.

 

The young man tried putting the telescope on top of his head like a hat. That didn't seem precise at all. He hummed a tune as he inspected the object. He put it to his ear close to the end when he heard a voice.

 

"Jaehyun-hyung!" It belonged to a young male.

 

Jaehyun looked through the front and saw Jungkook and Hoseok waving at him from far away. He knew the both of them, more so the red haired merman. It wasn't infrequent for the mer prince of Atlantis to come to him whenever he discovered something thought-provoking that belonged to a human.

 

To his best knowledge, Jaehyun tried to have a response for Jungkook when he brought stuff. In reality, Jaehyun was no human. Like humans had no clue that merfolk were real they didn't know of the other nameless species like him. Others like him entitled themselves "shape shifters" while Jaehyun provoked them by saying they were birds.

 

Jaehyun transformed into a gorgeous white swan and flew around all over the place. It was a blessing that he had found his own mate, Doyoung, who was also a white swan. Jaehyun lived on the rock that was somewhat close to the kingdom of Atlantis. Doyoung vowed to come back after he confirmed to his family that he had found his mate and that they would be starting a family of their own soon enough.

 

Jaehyun missed him exceedingly and it had only been a week ago when Doyoung had flown off back to his home. He wasn't utterly alone which was a positive. He had known Jungkook for a while now and he came to visit him with or without Hoseok from time to time. He mistook Hoseok as Jungkook's mate until they both confirmed they weren't like that at all.

 

"Oh it's you Jungkookie and Hoseok-hyung!" Jaehyun said, putting the telescope down to see the two mermen right there with smiles. Huh. It looked like they had been so far away. "Whoa, what a swim."

 

Jungkook didn't pay consideration to Jaehyun's words and put his bag on the rock. "Jaehyun, look what we found!" The sound of things clinking in the bag was heard.

 

Hoseok nodded, "Yeah! We were in a creepy sunken ship." 

 

Jaehyun put the telescope down and looked at them with wonder, "Human stuff, huh? Let me see." He inched closer to them, picking up the bag.

 

He started digging around in the bag until he picked up the silver object wirh the three sticks attached. Jaehyun held the item in his right hand as he scrutinized the item.

 

"Look at this...Wow, this is special. This is very unusual." Jaehyun murmured.

 

With elation, Jungkook retorted, "What is it?" He couldn't stand the excitement that was bubbling from the inside of him.

 

"It's a dinglehopper." Jaehyun proclaimed as he began throwing the object around, "Humans use these to straighten their hair out."

 

Jungkook and Hoseok widened their eyes admiringly. They hadn't been expecting this.

 

Jaehyun put the dinglehopper through his hair and twirled it, "See? Just a little twirl here and a yank there! You've got an aesthetically pleasing configuration of hair that humans go nuts over." His hair was all disheveled up as he held the dinglehopper. He offered it to Jungkook.

 

Prudently Jungkook took the dinglehopper in his two hands. "A dinglehopper."

 

Hoseok pointed at the wooden brown hook object. "What about that one?"

 

Jaehyun picked up the wooden object. "Ah this...I haven't seen this in years, this is wonderful. A banded, bulbous snarfblatt." He put it to the two mers' faces.

 

Both Jungkook and Hoseok looked at each and in unison said, "Whoa."

 

"Now, the snarfblatt dates back to prehistorical times when humans used to sit around and stare at each other all day. Got very boring. So they invented this snarfblatt to make fine music. Allow me." Jaehyun blows it, only to have seaweed and water come out.

 

Jungkook flinched at the word "music." He abruptly harked back to that there was an essential occasion today that involved his brothers, him, his father and the whole kingdom. Today was the concert.

 

"The concert!" Jungkook cried knowing that he was far too late to fix that. "Oh my gosh, Appa is going to kill me!" He stuffed the dinglehopper into his bag.

 

Jaehyun coughed, "It's stuck!"

 

Hoseok put his hands on his cheeks, "The concert was today?"

 

Jaehyun, not paying attention to what the two mermen were freaking out over, was still studying the snarfblatt. "Maybe you could make a little planter out of it or something."

 

Jungkook took the snarfblatt from Jaehyun's hands and put it into his bag and he began swimming, "Sorry, I got to go!" He paused and waved back at his winged friend, "Thank you, Jaehyun-hyung!" He went back into the water.

 

Jaehyun waved back at the two, "Anytime Jungkook, anytime!"

 

 

 

    くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

Figuring out who to be Scuttle took as much time as figuring out who'd be Flounder (^^) I think the reason it took time was because i was remembering that this wasn't going to be EXACTLY like the movie since there's Vhope and V is Jungkook's brother and Hobi is Flounder :-P I was happy once I was able to look at the list of who everyone was ʘ‿ʘ