Chapter 29

The Little Merman

 

Way before they had begun arranging the sudden wedding on the boat, Sungwoon had run all the way to WANT. Whether the king and queen liked it or not, he was getting on that boat. He had to do something before witnessing one of Jimin's biggest mistakes he'll ever make in his entire life.

 

The citizens of Mikrokosmos would come in and drink in the tavern whenever they wished so seeing a few people inside of WANT was no bother. It wasn't his business but more than likely later on it would be busy - some might decide to rejoice the grand wedding on their own. People knew Jimin as a benevolent and nonjudgmental - people might prefer Jimin as the king of Mikrokosmos rather than Hyoshin.

 

Jimin and Jieun wouldn't be official rulers of Mikrokosmos until next year when Jimin turned eighteen. Getting crowned hadn't been Jimin's main concern though. His friend unrelentingly wanted to get married. This whole wedding was shady to him - nothing Jimin would ever pull off willingly which brought fear to Sungwoon. It felt like Jimin was a puppet. So who's the puppeteer?

 

Taemin and Kai were chatted animatedly behind the counter. There were two men and a woman softly exchanging words at the end of the counter. Sungwoon advanced towards the counter and took a seat. It was about a minute when his two friends realized someone was sitting in front of them.

 

"Sungwoon!" Taemin was the first to greet. He grasped a mug from behind, "Would you like something to drink?"

 

Drinking was the last thing anyone should be doing. Sungwoon doubted the two knew of Jimin's wedding. "Do you guys know that Jiminie is getting hitched today?"

 

Blown away by Sungwoon's words Taemin dropped the mug and Kai began choking on air. This was a usual and expected reaction. He let his two friends compose themselves before carrying on with why he was present.

 

"He's getting married to this girl named Jieun. He found her on the beach." Sungwoon enlightened shortly.

 

Kai giggled, "Isn't that how he met his new friend?"

 

"He's marrying a girl?" Sungwoon thanked Taemin in his head for bringing up the significant part of the news. "How the hell did this happen?"

 

Sungwoon solely agreed, "I know right? He claims she's the one who saved him! He confirmed that his savior was a male."

 

"He also went off about marrying that male. Not saying Jimin can't do as he wishes but his parents would've never approved of that."

 

Taemin's words spoke truth. Jimin's parents wouldn't have ever given their blessing to Jimin's choice if he yearned to marry a male. It didn't mean that Jimin had to throw his true savior or his other friend out of the way. Sungwoon didn't know if Jimin would ever hold the new friend up to his savior's level but it was better than living unhappily with someone.

 

The king and queen didn't even arrange Jimin's wedding to Jieun. She was roaming the beach when he found her. It was off but people liked to walk on the beach. Sungwoon could comprehend if Jimin decided to follow his parents' rules but to say Jieun was the one to save him on his seventeenth birthday was a long stretch. It had always been "the man with the beautiful voice" and "where is he."

 

"Nonetheless, why would Jimin say she's the one who saved him? He could've just said he fell in love with her the first he laid eyes on her." Sungwoon specified making his point clear.

 

Kai understood Sungwoon's point, "Jimin didn't have to. Maybe it would make his life easier to lie about everything?"

 

"Jimin wanted to find him," Taemin said. "He even wrote a song for him. I still don't get why he sang it to his new friend."

 

Kai mumbled, "Whose name is still unidentified."

 

"I think there's an attraction between the both of them. Last night Jimin was debating about whether listening to his heart or mind." Sungwoon felt guilt-ridden mentioning Jimin's and his private conversation.

 

Taemin was sad that Jimin had to make such difficult decisions. "Let me guess his mind was telling him to do as he was born to do? Marry a girl, become king and have a family?"

 

"What was the point in talking about this? Are we supposed to change Jimin's mind? Like you said he was beyond doubt about this." Kai hoped there was a way that everyone ended up happy in this situation. Someone wouldn't be smiling in the end.

 

Sungwoon clenched his fists, "We have to confront Jimin. Tell him it's a mistake. No one is on his side. We have to tell him that it's okay to follow your heart."

 

"Won't that aggravate the king and queen?"

 

"It doesn't matter!" Sungwoon shouted. He didn't want his friend making a huge mistake. When Jimin finally wakes up he won't be too pleased. "We have to try for our friend. He'd do it for us, wouldn't he?"

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

He felt bad for leaving Jungkook to endure in his griefs when he should've been giving comfort. It was hard to swallow that possibility that Jimin wouldn't be with Jungkook right now. If there was anyone the human prince should be marrying it was his red haired friend. He wanted to get to the bottom of this. There was no way this prince could deceive Jungkook like that.

 

Sparks had been flying last night and if it there were no disruptions (that sudden flip) they would've kissed. They wouldn't be dealing with this problem at the moment. Jungkook would be with Jimin instead of sobbing and wondering what went wrong. If someone was to blame it was the human boy!

 

In his swan form, he flew towards a window he spotted on the wedding ship. It was wide opened so he peeked not expecting to see what he would see. Inside of the room there was a large mirror on the wall, a table with a basin and towels neatly stacked, a chair and a bed with a long white wedding gown on top. Twirling around the room was a young woman dressed in purple with long black hair, red lips, pale skin and a golden seashell necklace around her neck.

 

"I make a lovely bride, don't I?" She clasped the seashell on the necklace. She snickered, "Things are working according to my plan. Soon I'll have that brat and the ocean will be mine!"

 

Jaehyun gulped when he saw the human female stand in front of the mirror. It wasn't a human in that room. In the mirror was a woman with short black hair, black scales all over her upper body and her lower body had black tentacles. What caught his interest was when the female removed the necklace he could hear singing from the inside.

 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Euphoria

 

It was Jungkook's voice! It was the song that he had sung to Jimin the day he rescued him. Jungkook had given the sea witch, IU, his voice for legs. The sea witch was overriding on Jungkook's chance to be with his prince! The malevolent woman was using Jungkook's and her own black magic to make her human.

 

Without question Jaehyun was rapidly flying all the way back to the pier. There was no way that Jimin was aware that he was marrying a sea witch. It meant nothing good for him whether IU's intentions were to harm him. He had to alert Jungkook and the others.