Chapter 31

The Little Merman

 

It had been under five minutes when they had been together though it felt longer. Jimin's arms around him and their lips nearly touching made Jungkook felt like he was in paradise - Jimin was his euphoria. If only time waited a few seconds more he wouldn't have his red tail or in IU's possession. He would be with the prince of his dreams, prepared to spend the rest of their lives together in love.

 

Reality snatched him out of his dream and he was dealing with the consequences of losing his part of the deal. Struggling and screaming wouldn't help but he yearned to be with Jimin. Jungkook tried getting out of IU's grasp as she spoke victoriously about her winning the game as always.

 

"Poor little prince, it's not you I'm after." IU mocked the red haired merman. It wasn't Jungkook's fault that Sihyuk hadn't made her his queen in the first place. "I'm after much bigger-"

 

"IU, stop this at once!" IU and Jungkook turned their heads when they heard the strong and manly voice. There only a few feet away from them was Namjoon, regal and superior, as any king should be.

 

IU sent the king a sweet smile with innocent eyes. She was going to swim all the way to Atlantis while dragging Namjoon's brat with her. This was much easier. It was like a gift being directly handed to you. She could get this done and over with as soon as possible.

 

"Why, Namjoon, looking as dashing as a white knight as ever," IU taunted the sea king. Namjoon glared. "How have you been?"

 

Namjoon demanded, "Let him go." He wasn't in for any games. He wanted his son back and IU would be giving Jungkook to him.

 

"No way, Namjoon! He's mine." Smirking deviously she used her magic to summon the contract Jungkook had signed in her right hand. "He signed a contract."

 

Jungkook cried out to his father, "Appa, I'm sorry! I swear, I didn't mean to! I didn't know it'd come to this."

 

Namjoon could see the truth in Jungkook's eyes. No one knew they were playing with fire until they got burned. Jin hadn't anticipated being a prisoner for eleven years after befriending Hyosang and look where he was.

 

Knowing it wouldn't work he still attempted to use his trident to blast at the contract. The try was futile. There was no way IU's magic could be changed or erased is without the sea witch's doing. It had been proven with Jin. It would be the same for Jungkook.

 

"The contract is official, Namjoon. Unbreakable and binding. YOU, have your limits, like I, Namjoon," IU loved that her own enemy couldn't completely destroy her work. She pulled out her lucky card, "However, I like bargains. Maybe, there can be an exchange for someone else?"

 

As seconds passed she was going to get what she deserved.

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

The last of his worries was the sham of a wedding. He was more or less about to make the biggest mistake in his life. Finding out he was in love with a merman was as wow as finding out he nearly married an octopus woman. However Jungkook, the red haired merman, was his savior - who he was madly in love with - Jimin could care less about the mess on the boat.

 

His parents would have a frenzy of rage when finding out he hadn't ended up married. Whether they were going to believe or not they'd be arranging a marriage for him with a girl. He stopped thinking about what he'd have to face later and thought about what he had to do now.

 

He wasn't going to be returning to Mikrokosmos at this moment. After removing his jacket, he got the lifeboat prepped for use. He was going to get Jungkook back. Other people would've given up but he couldn't. Finding his soulmate motivated him to not give up - to fight for what he loved.

 

While Jimin began rowing the lifeboat, Sungwoon approached the edge of the boat, calling out to his friend, "Jimin! What the hell are you doing?"

 

Jimin looked up, "I lost him once, hyung, I'm not losing him again!" He wasn't going to let anyone take Jungkook from him ever again.

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

IU could slowly feel her success approaching. She used her magic to remove Jungkook's name and now the contract was waiting to be signed. watered by the thought of Namjoon's name on the contract. After so many years she would be receiving what she should've gotten long ago. Damn the Merfolk and their "life mates."

 

"So do we have a deal?" She had let go of Jungkook, who was now afraid of what was to come.

 

IU beamed when she saw Namjoon sign his name. She summoned up her magic, adding a change to the spell, in a blink of an eye the sea king was surrounded by purple smoke. Jackson and Hoseok watched nearby as the smoke cleared away. Where Namjoon had been was a black crab.

 

"Namjoon..." Jackson whispered. Things weren't going as he thought they would. He shuddered when he saw IU pick up Namjoon's crown and then the trident.

 

Jungkook swam towards Namjoon, he cried softly, "Appa...I'm so sorry."

 

"At last, the sea is mine to rule." IU crowned herself and held the golden trident without doubt. Everything was going her way as it should.

 

Jungkook looked up with tears in his eyes and anger overflowing within. He shouldn't have ever trusted IU in the first place!

 

"You monster!" Jungkook swam towards IU and tried to grab the trident just to be pushed down.

 

IU pointed the trident at the young mer prince, "Don't you dare fool with me! I am the queen of the ocean!" She grimaced at Namjoon, "I swear, Namjoon, I'll drain the youth from Jin and your precious son and kill them right in front of you!"

 

IU's words echoed inside of his head for a moment. The sea witch had brought up his mother. Why could that be? There was no point in doing so. His mother was dead. There was no reason for IU to bring up such things though.

 

It sounded like his mother was alive but that couldn't be. He heard IU's laugh as she glanced at Namjoon and him.

 

Jungkook stared at his father, "Appa?"

 

IU cooed at Jungkook, "Oh, I see daddy didn't tell you about that, did he?" Jungkook glared at the sea witch. "News flash, kiddo, mommy lives on land. And the one and only Mikrokosmos where you were trying to attract your prince!"

 

Jungkook couldn't believe the words he was hearing. Whether or not he chose to believe IU's words that didn't get him out of the situation he was in now. It was still something he couldn't help thinking about.

 

Umma is alive? Jungkook thought as he swallowed.

 

"Now I'm queen of the ocean and you will bow to-" IU screamed as a harpoon hit her arm. She covered her wound and glanced up at where the attack had come from.

 

Jimin was trying to stay underwater for so long as he could. IU regretted not ending the human prince's life now she had him to deal with.

 

"Jimin, look out!" Jungkook worriedly called out to the human prince who started swimming up.

 

IU eyed Hyolyn and Bora, "Go after him at once!" She kept Jungkook back with the help of her tentacles. She wouldn't want the two lovebirds helping each other escape their deserved unhappy ending.

 

As ordered both Hyolyn and Bora stopped Jimin from getting back onto the lifeboat. The two eels dragged him back down and tightened their grip on him. The human prince was to die either it being from suffocation or the trident.

 

Jackson nudged Hoseok, "Come on!" Both mermen swam to assist Jimin. It was a bit of struggle due to the strength and tight grasp the eels had on the prince but Jackson and Hoseok were able to get both eels off of Jimin.

 

IU aimed the trident at Jimin, "Say goodbye to your Prince Charming." Right as she was about to blast the human, Jungkook pushed her. It was Hyolyn and Bora that got hit instead of Jimin.

 

IU gasped at the loss of her beloved minions, "Hyolyn, Bora!" She growled crossly. She would undeniably be ending both Jimin and Jungkook.

 

"We got to head far from here, Hoseok!" Jackson called out. Hoseok hurriedly scooped up his former father-in-law and speedily trailed behind Jackson.

 

While Jackson and Hoseok were swimming far from where they had been, Jungkook went up and followed Jimin. IU was preparing herself for the magic she was going to use.

 

They would all pay with their lives.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

Kookie knows 0o0 

 ​​​​​​

We'll be getting back to Jin in the next chapter (ᵔᴥᵔ)