Public Affection?

I Saw You From Across The Room

Nayeon woke with a grin on her face and a blush on her cheek as she covered her face in embarrassment. She couldn't remember her dream but she knew it must have been about the day before and the extremely handsome Jeongyeon who had surprised her with her boldness in stealing her very first kiss. Likewise, Jeongyeon's daydream was cut short by her sister throwing a slipper at her as they watched some variety show or other. A silly grin etched on her face as she remembered the day before and her heart beating what felt like a million times faster in the moment.

Looking at her phone, she jumped over the back of the sofa and darted for her bedroom to get changed, she was going to be late for work if she didn't hurry and the ;ast thing she wanted was to lose her job now, when she'd just found Nayeon and they were happy. Fastening her tie as she walked back through to the living room, she grabbed her keys and shut the door behind her without saying anything to her extremely rude sister as she left.

Nayeon's phone buzzed as she held it dangerously above her whilst laying on her back in bed, she smiled as she saw the name of the sender and read the text, ended with a love heart, it read: "Good morning beautiful, thinking of you. I'll see you at the usual place?." Nayeon's heart melted as she giggled at the cuteness her new girlfriend was showing her. Getting out of bed and putting her phone down, she turned the radio on and got dressed whilst dancing around her room to the song currently half way through.

Taeyeon was beaming when Jeongyeon arrived at work with two seconds to spare and she felt a little weirded out by her bosses expression as she walked into the back and deposited her coat and bag. When she came back out to the counter to replenish stock as usual, a scan photo was into her face and she had to step back a little to see the small blob of a baby in the centre. Taeyeon was practically bouncing around as she told Jeongyeon that Tifanny was expecting a boy and she darted off upstairs to no doubt find anyone else she hadn't told yet or to find the perfect place to pin up the photo.

Jeongyeon was just finishing cleaning the coffee machine when she heard a voice that made the tiny hairs on the back of her neck stand up on end. "Can I have an Iced Americano please Ma'am?", Nayeon stifled a giggle as she acted formally towards Jeongyeon in front of the other employees, even though there were no customers and she was sure none of Jeongyeon's colleagues were even paying attention.

Turning to face the customer and smiling broadly in welcome, Jeongyeon took the order and touched a finger to Nayeon's as she was passed the money, both girls blushing hard and looking down as they stood for a minute in silence. Suddenly Taeyeon appeared next to Jeongyeon and startled her by placing a hnad on her back and easing her forward across the counter a little. "Oh just kiss already!, you two are so transparent, be in love and be proud of your love, who cares what anyone else thinks?".

She was right, so Jeongyeon took that boldness she had shown behind her own front door ad leant the extra few inches to kiss Nayeon's lips slowly, savouring the moment that was in reality a few minutes but felt like a lifetime. If this was her eternity then so be it because she never wanted this to end.